What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dokic Wants To Be An Aussie Again - Should We Accept Her?

Razor

Coach
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17215440-23216,00.html

When she's in Australia next year she is going to apply for Australian citizenship.

She applied to the Brits last year and was turned down due to her being a right-wing facist. Should Australia accept her or do what the Brits did?

It's not a coincidence that her slide down the rankings started around the same time that she revealed herself to be a right-wing loon.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/...0-23216,00.html

When she's in Australia next year she is going to apply for Australian citizenship.

She applied to the Brits last year and was turned down due to her being a right-wing facist. Should Australia accept her or do what the Brits did?

It's not a coincidence that her slide down the rankings started around the same time that she revealed herself to be a right-wing loon.

as long as her dad doesnt come back

Razor

Coach
joel caine number 1 fan said:
as long as her dad doesnt come back

I say no. Jelena supports ethnic-cleansing. I don't want racists who condone the mass murder of others in Australia.

Her father isn't so bad. Her father was given British residence, but Jelena was turned down due to her extremist beliefs.

OVP

Coach
LOL bring her back but ONLY if Damir is there too. LOL he's a hoot.

"I hadnt heard from her for 3 months, i Thought she'd been kidnapped"

Comedy Gold :lol: :lol:

Razor

Coach
Tamazoid said:
When did she support that stuff?

She doesn't make it a secret.

She was very public in her support for Slobodan Milosevic saying he did the right thing during his ethnic cleansing scheme, saying that they shouldn't have been there. After he was ousted, she was very heavily involved in the campaign for the Radical party (who was aligned with Milosevic) - the leader at the time was Vojislav Seselj who was named as a co-conspirator by the UN War Crimes tribunal.

There were articles in the Australian newspapers at the time - mid-2002 - when she made those comments.

Here is a foreign media source.

http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/dhbvg87/Interviews/020903.htm
Dokic joins alleged war criminal and former Yugoslav strongman Slobodan Milosevic in voicing public support for Seselj, whose election platform includes vehement opposition to the U.N. war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

"You will win in the first round, I'm sure, because you are the last
hope of the Serbian people," she wrote in the letter.

"I know that September 29 will be a crucial date for the future of
the country and the people, and I look forward to the day with
impatience because you will be elected president of the republic."

This is something she wrote in her defence about a month later

I am glad that I gave support to Vojislav Seselj because the decision came from my hart.
I am not a member of the Serbian Radical Party. I am a fan of SRS. Thus I don�ft see what's
wrong if I publicly say what I think. Our (Yugoslav) media accepted my statement as if I
did something terribly wrong.

And she has made other comments since, but they haven't not widely reported as all they do is repeat the same sort of crap and she's ranked so low.

Henson

Juniors
no way,they treated us like sh*t,they can rot for all i care,that mole on her lip,should have been chewed off by a rat years ago,what about her dad he lost it because of a piece of fish!!
icon13.gif

Dragons_#1

Bench
yes bring her back for the standard of tennis australias sake!! who ahev we got in the women fed cup team?? molik ? wow a one hit wonder!!

The Devil

Bench
Molik isn't a one hit wonder.
She was making her way up the rankings and competing and even beating some of the worlds best including former World #1 Venus Williams.

It should be common knowledge that the main source of stability comes from your ears and to a lesser extent your tailbone. With Molik's ear infection this stuffed up her balance which led to her form slump.

If you're complaining about Molik, what about Mark Philopoussis?

Dragons_#1

Bench
molik is a one hit wonder mate she was on the slide before she even got her ear infection! she was going to retire?? does that mean she thinks she cant get back to where she was? i think so!!
What about the poo?? we were never talking about him were we?

lockyno1

Post Whore
I am 50/50 on this one. I tend to say that we have to give her a second chance. She was young and under controll by her crazy father when she made the decision to leave Australia. But she has to earn my respect.

Razor

Coach
Molik isn't a one hit wonder.
She was making her way up the rankings and competing and even beating some of the worlds best including former World #1 Venus Williams.

Molik was a one hit wonder. She came up for a short period of time. There's a tonne of players that do. But the vast majority can't sustain the top 10-15 form and slip back down. Molik is one that can't, and even if she didn't have this infection she still wouldn't be top 15 now.

Bernster

Juniors
I wanna watch the Back Page on Fox Sports on Monday Night to see what the fellas say on this...I know that they all hate Damir with a passion...

aqua_duck

Coach
I think we should give her a second chance, forget about her political beliefs, I mean at thye end of the day shes trying to make it as a tennis player not running for bloody parliament.
I just think the girl has suffered enough, to go through what she's gone through the last few years is bad, I mean she was on the verge of becoming a superstar in the women's game but that came unstuck due to her demented father and I mean she was only a teenager at the time and really didn't make alot of the decisions, but the fact that shes broken off with her father is encouraging because shes got about 4 times as much talent as the rest of our girls combined!
At then end of the day what's the worst that could happen, she flops and struggles to make it back? In that case she'll probably still be our highest ranked female player.
Plus shes abit of a good sort which helps when you've been watching the likes of Nicole Pratt for far too long.