What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't be that guy at the gym who......

Cliffhanger

Coach
...dedicates an entire session to chest
...is shredding for Stereosonic
...who wears a weightlifting belt while doing bicep curls
...who does bicep curls

add your own.

Who does bicep curls in a squat rack....
Who is doing squats in a squat rack followed by 2 min on the bike for 5 sets meanwhile people are waiting to use the squat rack.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If people lift for looks who cares. I get annoyed more by people being inconsiderate pricks. Put your f**king weights away, put headphones in and don't put garbage or water everywhere.

BDR

First Grade
You should warm up by doing some low weight sets. Also helpful to run a checklist of your form before you load up heavy.

You should warm up for squats by stretching and doing unweighted squats. You're getting the blood flowing and warming up all the right muscles.

Yeah I do this, but I don't see a problem with a quick 5 min warm up on the treadmill. I have started a lot of workouts like this and it just kinda gets me going a bit more. Have also been told by a few BBs and PTs to do this. It could just be broscience but I still didn't mind doing it.

Thomas

First Grade
You should warm up for squats by stretching and doing unweighted squats. You're getting the blood flowing and warming up all the right muscles.

A 5 minute warm up on a treadmill doesn't hurt, followed by some unweighted squats. There's a far bit of discussion out there about stretching doing more harm than good before a weights session.

I hate it when people set up their own little personal crossfit gym by using all the barbells and squat racks.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeah I just use my own home gym which has a weight bench, a range of free weights, a training mat and an abs ball.

I have had some bad experiences at gyms so I appreciate working out in solitude where I don't have to contend with egos.

aqua_duck

Coach
+Who loads 150kg+ on the bench press and asks you for a spot then can't even get the bar off the rack

Snoochies

First Grade
Yup, train at home. Bought my own rack last week and love it.

..........Don't be that guy lying about your non roid use when you clearly are.