What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget - RCG and Sauce in Canterbury Cup

Kilkenny

Coach
The only contract we need to rip up is Ivan’s. Probably couldn’t afford it even if the board was willing.

I think the squad is fine. It was in the top 4 late last season and we fired our coach because the majority thought it was capable of more. Merrin, peach, chn have not made this big of a difference. Hooker is a glaring need right now, outside of that I think we have enough talent in every other position to be a competitive top 8 side and we have some good young players knocking on the door. All of our players are playing worse than last season kikau aside. I’d be trying everything I can to get rid of malonet and use what’s left of his money to get a decent hooker, that’s our big squad concern. Between dwz, aekins and Edwards we have a serviceable nrl fb somewhere we just need a coach who can get some confidence in this team. Right now we just look wors every week, it’s hard to fathom how far backwards this team has gone but that doesn’t mean these guys can’t find some form again, I don’t know what but something has to change to make that happen.

I agree it is a major concern the younger and less experienced players have not improved or in some cases regressed.

The confidence amongst the playing group is basically shot.

The robotic structured style of footy is simply not working and will not work any time soon.

In respect of our hookers, it is an issue for us particularly given what we see week in week out from some of the dummy half runs of our competitors. Is it the case our two, Egan & Katoa, haven't got that skillset or is it the case our game plan doesn't allow them the odd scoot or two out of dummy half. It was rather painful watching Danny Levi for the Knights v Dragons making 15-20 metres darts time and time again and getting there pack on the front foot and the Dragons defensive line on the back foot.

betcats

Referee
I agree it is a major concern the younger and less experienced players have not improved or in some cases regressed.

The confidence amongst the playing group is basically shot.

The robotic structured style of footy is simply not working and will not work any time soon.

In respect of our hookers, it is an issue for us particularly given what we see week in week out from some of the dummy half runs of our competitors. Is it the case our two, Egan & Katoa, haven't got that skillset or is it the case our game plan doesn't allow them the odd scoot or two out of dummy half. It was rather painful watching Danny Levi for the Knights v Dragons making 15-20 metres darts time and time again and getting there pack on the front foot and the Dragons defensive line on the back foot.

One thing I noticed after the first few rounds this year was not only were our hookers not running but even our backs would not run from dummy half, after a kick return the next run would always be a hit rather than a dummy half scoot, yOu could see the defenders just lining up the gusy taking the second run of the set after a kick because they knew whoever got into dummy was going to pass not scoot. Manosurs dummy half runs were one of his biggest weapons. For me it really was noticeable that our backs would not run from dummy half, and we were constantly getting belted on those early runs after a kick.

Panfa

Juniors
Coach needs to sit everyone down and have a heart to heart with them all im going to the game on Thursday night they better put in a decent effort losing once to parra is bad enough.

age.s

First Grade
One thing I noticed after the first few rounds this year was not only were our hookers not running but even our backs would not run from dummy half, after a kick return the next run would always be a hit rather than a dummy half scoot, yOu could see the defenders just lining up the gusy taking the second run of the set after a kick because they knew whoever got into dummy was going to pass not scoot.

This is why I can't get on board with the idea that our hookers are a big part of our problem and need to be moved on, particularly when the replacement is a has been like Luke. Our whole team has stopped running from dummy half and it looks very much like they're being ordered to.

You could get Cook here. It wouldn't matter if he was under strict orders to shovel it one out every play to forwards who are being sent over and over into a well prepared defense.

Katoa showed promise last year and has regressed sharply, but that's just like 2/3rds of the team. Egan has been periodically good, despite the entire team going busted. I think getting rid of them because Ivan is a dud would be making a bad situation worse.

betcats

Referee
Coach needs to sit everyone down and have a heart to heart with them all im going to the game on Thursday night they better put in a decent effort losing once to parra is bad enough.

Going to the game on Thursday is showing more heart than our side has all year.

Latest posts