What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't the Poms...

Rockn

Juniors
Drop out after you get tackled ingoal? I was playing an ESL game against a mate this arv, and he tackled me ingoal (well ingoal) and it was a scrum ten out his feed! I couldn't beleive it, I had sweat pissing out of me I was that anxious trying to keep him out, but I did :clap:

lister

Juniors
The rule has been that when a player is held up over the line on the 1st-4th tackles then the attacking side gets a scrum 10 metres from the line and the count goes back to 1. If the player is held up on the 5th tackle then it's a handover.

The way it will work from next season in the UK and in the NRL is that instead of a scrum and the count going back to the first the attacking side will play the ball 10 metres out and the tackle count carries on from where it was. On the 5th its still a handover as usual.

The old way just rewarded the attacking side too much and didn't really reward the defence for holding the player up.