What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double movement question.

LineBall

Juniors
Can you be penalised for a double movement even though you are held up on the second attempt?

soc123_au

Staff member
Can you be penalised for a double movement even though you are held up on the second attempt?
I assume Luai last night is inspiration for this thread. Live I thought it was an attempted double movement, but the replay showed he was entitled to go on with it.

Pretty much though you can attempt just about anything on field, it only gets penalised if the attempt is successful.

Danish

Referee
Pretty sure the rule is only for is your get the ball down.

But like getting penalised for a second effort pushing someone back into the in-goal but you don’t get them there.

I reckon Luai was held by the letter of the law, but the tackler was definitely falling off. Ok the end it was a great defensive effort to hold him up.

Sphagnum

Coach
Wtf is going with luai’s ears? Is the more important question

images