What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2018 ANZAC jersey revealed

Brutalitops

Juniors
dsc_0719.jpg

Like we had in 2017?

Yes and no.

Yes as in 2017 we had the full V but No as the St.George Bank sponsorship was to high up the jersey and the full V was quite shallow as opposed to the above Anzac jersey where St.George Bank is sitting lower and the V goes further down the body.

As much as I hate to say it, the Roosters are currently doing this really well.

Sorry, I'm a massive nerd I know :p

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes and no.

Yes as in 2017 we had the full V but No as the St.George Bank sponsorship was to high up the jersey and the full V was quite shallow as opposed to the above Anzac jersey where St.George Bank is sitting lower and the V goes further down the body.

Saints of George , mate I really like the jerseys in your identity square or whatever they call it . :thumbsup: It just came to me the ' identity square ' , I meant avatar.

Last edited:

rednwhites

Juniors
Yes and no.

I'm with you mate. Unfortunately sponsorship and business have got this game by the bollocks. I guess they are worried the bank logo wouldn't be as prominent if dropped lower.

I'm with you mate. Unfortunately sponsorship and business have got this game by the bollocks. I guess they are worried the bank logo wouldn't be as prominent if dropped lower.

Yeh, it's a real shame that team identity has made way for sponsorship. I guess we can count ourselves lucky that at least our major sponsor shares a name, colours and mascot with our team and we don't have some ghastly block of contrasting colours across our chest.

I remember in 2004 when St.George Bank came onboard they were fairly low and then in 2005 they were up on the chest and the jersey has had to come second ever since.

Would love to see it reversed one day, but that's wishful thinking

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons unveil 2018 commemorative jumper
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 18 Apr 2018, 06:00 PM

St George Illawarra have this evening unveiled their 2018 commemorative jersey ahead of the Dragons' Round 8 traditional Anzac Day clash against the Sydney Roosters.

The Dragons will once again commemorate Anzac Day with a specifically-designed jersey which honours Armistice Day, that is, the end of the first World War.

dsc_0719.jpg

The commemorative jersey will once again feature the Poppy V; the poppies which sit below are there to honour the fallen soldiers as well as the celebrations following the conclusion of the war in 1918 – now 100 years ago.

The image used toward the bottom of the jersey was sourced from the Australian War Memorial (AWM), who have partnered up with the Dragons in 2018.

Along with the use of the image of those celebrations, the Dragons are very proud to house the AWM logo on their 2018 commemorative jersey while the club and apparel partner XBlades have committed to donating funds back to AWM.

If you wish to donate to the Australian War Memorial, click here.

Dragons fans will be given the opportunity to bid on player-worn commemorative jerseys. The auction set to commence on Tuesday, April 24 with funds from it to be donated to the AWM.

The 2018 Dragons commemorative jerseys are available to pre-order online or in-store right now, with an expected arrival of the jerseys in-store to come this weekend.

The Dragons commemorative jersey will play part in the NRL's Anzac Round across Round 8 of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

It's an opportunity for the game to honour and commemorate the generations of Australian servicemen and women who have defended our values and freedoms, in wars, conflicts and peace operations for over 100 years.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/04/18/dragons-unveil-2018-commemorative-jumper/

MilanDragon

Juniors
Yeh, it's a real shame that team identity has made way for sponsorship. I guess we can count ourselves lucky that at least our major sponsor shares a name, colours and mascot with our team and we don't have some ghastly block of contrasting colours across our chest.

I remember in 2004 when St.George Bank came onboard they were fairly low and then in 2005 they were up on the chest and the jersey has had to come second ever since.

Just be glad it doesn’t say Westpac

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Your first sentence perfectly encapsulates why I recently bought a retro 1979 jersey.

Contemporary jumpers are nothing more than billboards as far as I'm concerned.