What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2020 Roster in Shambles

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I looked at the Bulldogs Roster for 2020 and they have 26 of their Top 30 signed up plus1 in their in their Development Squad.
With severe doubt over De Belin and Graham in doubt and signed players Aitken and Dufty told to look for other clubs the Dragons only have 16 players locked up for 2020:-
Ford
Frizell
Hunt
Lafai
Lawrie
Leilua
Lomax
Mc Innes
Norman
Pearson
Pereira
Ravalawa
Saab
K.Sims
T.Sims
Vaughan
What do others think?

watatank

Coach
from last year

Meanwhile, the Dragons have managed to secure the signature Brisbane Broncos Under-20s prop Eddie Blacker on a three-year deal.

Blacker will be an NRL development player upon his arrival in 2019; with promotion to the Top 30 to occur in the years following.

"Quite a number of clubs were in for Eddie, but we were lucky enough to entice him to come here. We bought him and his family down here numerous times to show the pathway we could provide," Millward said.

"He played for Queensland Under-18s last year and is a young man advanced for his age. We were looking for some height and size within the next young powerhouse front-rower to come through the system."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/09/ah-mau-to-depart-dragons/

redVinme

Juniors
McGregor's biggest impact now (as we can't make finals and he can't ruin our season any further) is any decision that may affect the team after his dismissal. Including recruitment. No no no

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think we have to look at this in reverse tbh, like who are off cintract or are being let go:

Aitken - (centre) reportedly being let go
Allgood - (prop) contract expires 2019
Dufty - (f/b) reportedly being let go
Field - (back utility) contract expires 2019
Kaufusi - (Prop/edge) contract expires 2019
Kerr - (prop) contract expires 2019
Latimore (prop) retired
Maranta - (centre/wing) contract expires 2019
Nicholls - (half) contract expires 2019
Robson (hooker) signed with Nth Qld
Sailor - (f/b utility) contract expires 2019
Timm (prop) apparently not wanted.
Widdop - (half) signed to ESL

The DS squad:
Blacker (prop) - move to top 30
Ford -(edge) move to top 30
Lovodua - (hooker utility) probably move to top 30
Lomax H - (lock) probably stay on DS
Saab - (wing) move to top 30

Tbh it wouldnt surprise me to see the likes of Allgood, Maranta and Nicholls offered 1yr deals. Sailor looks certain to be asked to re-sign and Kerr as well and with the 3 maybe 4 of the current DS added.
Young Schiller will probably be added to the DS for 2020 along with Sullivan.
JDB is the unknown.

2020 squad to look something like:
Allgood, Blacker, Ford, Frizell, Graham, Host, Kerr, Lafai, Lawrie, Lelua, Lomax, Lovodua, Maranta, McInnes, Nicholls, Norman, Pierson, Periera, Ravalawa, Saab, Sailor, Sims K, Sims T, Vaughan.

Thats 24 (add JDB = 25).

DS - Sullivan, Schiller, Lomax H.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Thanks Watatank. Blacker signed from 2019 until 2021and becomes the 17th player signed for 2020 with 13 spots left to fill. Hopefully Millward will get a move on. I have seen Blacker play a few times and he is still pretty raw. We should retain Host and Timm and say goodbye to Allgood, Kafusi and Latimore who are all under performers.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Thanks Dragonslayer. I thought that Host had been let go. I would think that 6 places would be vacant say two props with Graham in last year, classy centre, safe and speedy winger and quality fullback which could be Ramsay or Schuller and utility back. I believe that our forwards are solid however the backs lack all-round skills, fumble and have no pace. Are their any stand outs in Jersey Flegg?

possm

Coach
Re word (SHAMBLES)
As old ted bullpit of Kingswood country tv fame used to say, when asked how his day was he replied bloody SHAMBLES of course.

Well it's a MESS, a Millward Mess

We need to include:
Sailor
Kerr
Timm

Then sign
Ramien
RCG
New Coach N Brown

Giving us an NRL 17 of:
1. Lomax
2. Pearson/Pereira/Ravalawa
3. Ramien
4. Lafai/Sailor
5. Saab
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. RCG
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T. Sims
12. Ford
13. Frizell

14. K Sims
15. Lawrie
16. Kerr/Timm
17. Leilua

A good mix of youth and experience. I'm sure N Brown could do well with this roster.

This is assuming Graham. Latimore and Allgood retire and Masters, Robson, Dufty and Aiken move on.

Latest posts