What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Outside of the Klein show 10 minutes either side of halftime, we bashed them all day and were the far better team. I thought defensively they were very good and repelled set upon set at times. I'm not too fussed with the two tries conceded as it came off the back of ridiculous amounts of possession.

In attack we took our opportunities in the first half and then piled on the points at the back end of the game.

It was great to honour JWH and one gets he feeling he had the time of his life with a sin bin and a blood bin.

3 ted
2 Angus
1 back fence Spence

Could have given points to many others, most notably walker who kicked beautifully again but I thought we win it by bashing them so went with Gus and Spence.

We are perfectly placed now rattling off 4 wins on the trot book ended with byes. I expect to see a dip in performance over the next few games before accelerating before the finals.

In results watch, sharks continue to slide putting us in to 3rd spot. I think we are on a collision course with Penrith week 1 of finals and hopefully we can pip them on the ladder and play at home.

Last edited:
No one disappointed yesterday. Saints didn’t offer much in attack tbh and looked clueless in our ten metre zone but they were physical which are the kind of games we need. As mentioned above, we bashed them back and as a result, they very rarely worked the ball out of their half whereas by contrast, we made 60/70 metres per set regularly. There were periods there (Klein ball) where we showed we can grind out a result. Funny how the points came when we got an even share of possession.

All our forwards were up for a big day and honouring Jared clearly meant a lot to them.

Highlights for me were Collins’ try off a Kez‘ beautiful inside ball and carrying a couple of defenders with him capped off with an impressive put down which got us back in control of the game.

Teddy in what felt like the slowest runaway try I’ve seen lol - all started by a quick-thinking Collins to keep the ball alive.

Sammy’s short kick for Gus to score, and the hands in Toops’ try

3. Jared - could’ve played five minutes and I’d still give him MOM.
2. Teddy
1. Sammy

Lindsey, Spence, Gus, Connor and Rads all deserve mentions.

H.H

Juniors
What a great arvo it was at the game. Even got a touch emotional and then again when I watched the replay.

3 - Ted
2 - Collins
1 - Watson

Thought Rads was actually our best until he knocked himself senseless and yep, Gus, Sammy and Spence were all great. Thought Collins had a massive impact on the way we turned that last 25 - 30 and that effort to scoop the ball, get straight up and pass to Ted was exceptional and just one of another 2 or 3 little things he did, that only he can do (not to mention his try).

Reckon the boys are primed for a little time off and we have 3 big games before another bye and then the run home. I'm feeling a bit better about where the team is at but until we show that we can beat the likes of the Panthers and Storm I'm still not convinced, but we're definitely heading in the right direction.

Valheru

Coach
Reckon the boys are primed for a little time off and we have 3 big games before another bye and then the run home. I'm feeling a bit better about where the team is at but until we show that we can beat the likes of the Panthers and Storm I'm still not convinced, but we're definitely heading in the right direction.
Both of those teams looks vulnerable IMO for opposite reasons. Storm are leaking points and Penrith can't score them. Everyone assumes Penrith attacking issues will be solved with Cleary but I'm not so sure... There is no fear in their backline.

Either way, we don't play Penrith again until finals. We have Melbourne next down there. It is not a must win IMO as we only need to beat them when it matters.

On a side note, Penrith fans aren't worried about us, there is a whole page in their sub forum of them telling each other that which is a good indicator we are on to something lol

Both of those teams looks vulnerable IMO for opposite reasons. Storm are leaking points and Penrith can't score them. Everyone assumes Penrith attacking issues will be solved with Cleary but I'm not so sure... There is no fear in their backline.

Either way, we don't play Penrith again until finals. We have Melbourne next down there. It is not a must win IMO as we only need to beat them when it matters.

On a side note, Penrith fans aren't worried about us, there is a whole page in their sub forum of them telling each other that which is a good indicator we are on to something lol
You’re right but RL is a confidence game and the team can grow in confidence with a win against a couple of teams that have the wood on us for some time. For me, Pennies/Storm are first division with us knocking on the door. We’re definitely getting better as the season progresses but I’m gonna wait to see how we go down in Melbourne before I start believing.

Lambretta

First Grade
In previous weeks, its been nigh on impossible to pick a 3, 2 1 for the Roosters, because they've been so well balanced. But this week there were some stand outs.

3. Teddy. Over 300 metres and involved in a few tries
2. Crichton. Created mayhem down that left edge and tackled his heart out
1. Keary. Ignited us in the second half. Was involved in most of our good moves

Watson looked fantastic replacing Cheese.
Collins played one of his best games for us. Picking up the ball off the De Belin Falcon and turning play maker for Teddy's try was fabulous
Leniu off the back fence was a fantastic supporting role
Radley was great 1st half. Shame he went off with concussion.

Lambretta

First Grade
Like the Parra game, when the Roosters fired up after Tuilagi dived, this week, once Liddle tried to milk a crusher on Lenui it became a massive turning point

When Liddle pretended to be hurt the score was 14 v 12

What seemed like minutes later it was 36 v 12.

If you're going to lay down and fake it against the Roosters - be prepared

Valheru

Coach
You’re right but RL is a confidence game and the team can grow in confidence with a win against a couple of teams that have the wood on us for some time. For me, Pennies/Storm are first division with us knocking on the door. We’re definitely getting better as the season progresses but I’m gonna wait to see how we go down in Melbourne before I start believing.
The only thing with that game though is what team will we put on the field?

Manu and JWH will be out

Radley will exit concussion protocols 2 days before the game.

Surely Collins and Angus are long odds to be taken to Melbourne 3 days after origin.

Spencer might be a chance depending on how many minutes he gets through.

Watson should be ok given he will only play 15 minutes.

On the other side, storm only have Grant in origin. Coates is injured. I get a sneaking suspicion Munster will return against us

Manu and JWH will be out

Surely Collins and Angus are long odds to be taken to Melbourne 3 days after origin.

On the other side, storm only have Grant in origin. Coates is injured. I get a sneaking suspicion Munster will return against us
Reckon Robbo is one of those coaches that asks blokes to back up plus he’ll want to maintain momentum and have a crack at top two as well as getting some space between us and the clubs immediately below. Jared, Collins and Gus are too many to leave out, you’d think. There’s another bye to rest players later.

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. Set the tone in the first tackle and continued it his whole game. 14 runs for 139 metres, 49 post contact metres, and 15 tackles.

2 points: James Tedesco. 23 runs for 293 metres, 71 post contact metres, 3 line brteak assists, 3 try assists, 1 try. A class performance.

1 point: Angus Crichton. 18 runs for 165 metres, 82 post contact metres, 1 try. An allround class performance.

Lambretta

First Grade

Manu and JWH will be out

What dead set muppet scheduled the Roosters against Storm right after Origin?

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. JWH. He could’ve been sent off in the first minute and I’d still give him 3 points. At least he’ll be fresh as a daisy when he returns for the Titans game.

2. Lindsay. Our other bookend was tremendous. Loved his urgency and quick thinking diving on that loose ball and quickly sending Ted on his way.

1. Teddy. The man is a machine and like a fine red is getting better and better with age.