What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Accept Criticism & Begin Work On 2017

RED73V

Juniors
BTW how good would it be during grand final week for the media to be upping the ante on the club considering the club was being sly in announcing this now hoping we would all just be distracted

monsterkev

Juniors
I said in a previous post mary will still be coaching in 2017
I dont see any reason to keep supporting this club after this stupid decision
The club does not want to succeed this is the illawarra side of the joint venture doing this wanting mary in the first place and now wont get rid of him
This club can get stuffed
I am done with them i wont even bother watching the nrl anymore

Exsilium

First Grade
My summary of the review:

"We can't afford change, it's expensive and stuff. Even if we want it, which we "do", we can't achieve that result without affecting the bottom line which we don't have cause of debt. However, before you burn down the Taj know this, We want you to be there with us, please. We listened and looked at our performances, staff and were able to identify that it was resources and not the people employed....makes sense."

Regards

"Person who appears to have sufficient expertise and knowledge to lead a review and who can assure you all is well"

I feel for you lot.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I said in a previous post mary will still be coaching in 2017
I dont see any reason to keep supporting this club after this stupid decision
The club does not want to succeed this is the illawarra side of the joint venture doing this wanting mary in the first place and now wont get rid of him
This club can get stuffed
I am done with them i wont even bother watching the nrl anymore
I agree and am with you. The warning signs have been there for the club with declining membership, decreases in crowd numbers, the social media SOS campaign, as well as the fact the team played the most unattractive footy in the NRL era. Its like telling a kid not to do something and they still go ahead and do it. It seems the only way these pricks will learn is if we just completely switch off.

Its the entire board that has done this.

The need to blame one side or the other is just a deflection of what the real issue is at the club and its the C.E.O and the board members who again failed to make the right decisions in regards to the direction the club needs to take.

I don't give a shit who wanted mary or not these are the same people who have fumbled their way throughout the years making the same stupid mistakes without any responsibility.

Its clear to me the Dragons are just about done they are a spent force with no real future and the NRL don't care they imo would be happy if the club falls in a heap.

It amazes me thats the Dragons haven't followed what the Illawarra Hawls have done.

They where gone for all money yet some how they managed to get back up off the canvas and have turned the entire organisation around.

Then went out and got one of the best coaches the country has seen and then managed to convince him to stay for 4 years.

They have recruited very well on a shoe string budget and they are getting bums on seats.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Its clear to me the Dragons are just about done they are a spent force with no real future and the NRL don't care they imo would be happy if the club falls in a heap.

Just curious as to why you think the NRL would be happy with a Dragons demise? What benefit would they gain from this happening?

Gareth67

First Grade
You must excuse me , however I tend to get somewhat forgetful at times , but this Dirk Melson , Dirk Metan , or whatever he name is , Dirk - is this the same Dirk that is the hero in those Clive Cussler novels ?

Because if so , he will be just the man to clean up the Dragons , in more ways than one !
He has saved the world on numerous occasions , according to Mr Cussler , so he will do absolute wonders for the Joint Venture ! ! !

There is no need for us to worry , as I am sure that young Dirk will solve all of the teams problems , he will be our Messiah .

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
You must excuse me , however I tend to get somewhat forgetful at times , but this Dirk Melson , Dirk Metan , or whatever he name is , Dirk - is this the same Dirk that is the hero in those Clive Cussler novels ?

Because if so , he will be just the man to clean up the Dragons , in more ways than one !
He has saved the world on numerous occasions , according to Mr Cussler , so he will do absolute wonders for the Joint Venture ! ! !

There is no need for us to worry , as I am sure that young Dirk will solve all of the teams problems , he will be our Messiah .

Or a naughty boy.

But, I think you'll find his name is "Dirk Gently", and he follows the "Zen method of reviewing"- look at what the person in front of you is doing then copy. (Apologies for non Douglas Adams fans).

John moz

Juniors
The news today shows they listen but will not change arrogance and stupidity will kill this club and red v members will never forget.

dannyt

Coach
Understand your frustration, but plenty of threads on this without creating another one.

Dea

Juniors
Noting a number of factors that contributed to the team’s performance and results in 2016, the Board of Directors believe Paul McGregor has a positive future as an NRL Coach and is the Dragons Head Coach, in 2017.

This statement just doesn't make sense to me. Based upon the performance of the NRL team how is it possible to state that McGregor has a positive future as an NRL coach?

I've only supported the Dragons For nigh on 50 years but I don't know if I can cop this. Living interstate but I still take out a club digital membership to fly the colours. Not sure I can do it while this gherkin is in charge.

I can't sleep, went to bed just after 10pm and can't stop thinking about this decision. Think I slept better after loosing in 92, 93, 96, 99, 05 & 06.

I'm also annoyed at the timing of the decision. Not just Dally M or Grand Final week but around 5pm, send email and go home, very poor.

I'm now thinking, what can I (we) do to make this right, it all starts tomorrow (or today).

I googled "leadership definition" before and can honestly say we (fans, supporters, members, anyone to do with this mighty club) have been let down badly by our Board, CEO and anyone who came up with this decision.

Pisspoor leadership = pisspore decision making = pisspore results = pisspore vision = pisspore hope.

Banjo2014

Juniors
I don't understand: The Swamp (Thread) has 190 thousand hits and it seems to have gone on forever

upload_2016-9-28_12-45-2.png

This thread has 61,544 views in a matter of weeks.

The club should be made up of the people, for the people and by the people.

To Mr Doust et al, we the people (supporters) have spoken, but you do not hear us?

I don't usually write on this forum, but have been reading for years, but 53 years as a supporter and I feel like just going down and watching the A Grade with the kids each week, have the missus put a six pack in a cooler, pack a lunch and let the kids run wild. What's the point .

Go the mighty seagulls

upload_2016-9-28_12-50-21.png

since77

Juniors
Our board now rivals Parramatta's in its incompetence and self aggrandisement.

Dirk whoever has come out and admitted money was the biggest motivator behind the decision. Apparently it "costs millions" to change a coaching staff.

Mr Red

First Grade
Just curious as to why you think the NRL would be happy with a Dragons demise? What benefit would they gain from this happening?

The NRL wants to expand the game to make it a truly national Comp.
The NRL realises that there are too many teams in Sydney to achieve such expansion.
It's a lot easier for the NRL to remove a Sydney based team that is both inept on and off the field - less back lash and resistance to their decision if the club already "sucks" so to speak with dwindling fan base..
The more the dragons falter financially off the field and competitively on the field the easier it makes the NRLs decision to justify removal of a Sydney club and also remove a club that's financially dependant on NRL handouts.

The right game right venue approach will also be more successful with less Sydney based teams trying to share a handful of grounds. currently the NRL can't 100% enforce their strategy as the Sydney venues can't cope with the demand with the current number of Sydney based teams that would attempt to share the grounds...

Last edited: