What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Come Finals

Jamesy

Juniors
What do you guys reckon will be the team that will play in the finals??Of course if the whole squad is fit. This is my pick:

1. Hornby
2. Blacklock
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Simmonds
6. Barrett
7. Head
8. Bailey
9. Riddell
10. Ryles
11. Kite
12. Thompson
13. Timmins

14. Sims
15. Young
16. Creagh
17. Withers

Anonymous

Juniors
Hard to fault... and hard to beat.
I see you've got Kite in the back row... that's a big pack.
And a killer backline.

Jamesy

Juniors
Well peeps on another forum have a problem about Creagh. The think his one-on-one defence is crap. I've seen this kid make more big one-on-one hits than i've had baked dinners. They'd prefer Perenara. I chose Creah coz he can play in da backline aswell, and also he can outjump anyone in da NRL and this is valuable coz we all know that Matty Head loves to use the bomb.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'd definitely have Creagh over Perenara. IMO, Creagh is more versatile.
I was going to suggest another front rower on the bench until I saw the run-on back rowers.

lol. The only problem is getting them all on the pitch at once. ;-)

Tommy Smith

Referee
You've gotta make the finals first. To do that you need to toughen up mentally i feel. Only one win as opposed to six losses under a margin of 12-points. That to me shows a lack of mental toughness, something the Dogs, Roosters and Broncos have in abundance.

It's all good and well to win by 30 points every now and then, but the good teams know how to win the cvlose ones. IMO if you want to win the tight games, you'll have to get rid of all those pea-hearts in your line-up.

Jamesy

Juniors
We'll be there in the finals. don't you worry. Tommy, to be honest, with the team named above. I hope we come 8th and you come 1st, so we acn have the pleasure of beating you in da finals. But i reckon, honestly, that we will win all of our remaining games. I reckon we can finish 5th, if not higher. But yes Tommy, I can see where you are coming from. There is also that stat about us beating the top 4 sides. Lucky i'm not a man that listens to much to the stats.

Sticks

Juniors
Who are the pea-hearts??, so we can compare them to Hodges, Walker, Minichello, Finch, Cross, Byrne and Gould.

Sticks

Simon

Juniors
Bailey won't be back this year. He was interviewed on the radio and he said the doctors had ruled him out even though he was hoping to make a come back.

I'd say Kite into the front row, Young into the back row and add Poore to the bench. Still a formidable side.

DevilDragon

Juniors
Well Tommy if Creagh had held onto that bomb in the last few minutes of Fridays game would that have proven our "Tough Mentality"? Games such as Friday nights are easily swayed with just a kick of the ball. I don't see the psychology in it.

Godz Illa

Coach
DevilDragon said:
Well Tommy if Creagh had held onto that bomb in the last few minutes of Fridays game would that have proven our "Tough Mentality"? Games such as Friday nights are easily swayed with just a kick of the ball. I don't see the psychology in it.
If anything, the fact we got so close to the Roosters without Barrett, Gasnier, Riddell and Thompson PROVES that we do have the required mental toughness. Those guys showed a ton of grit, courage and determination on Friday night and I was immensely proud of them.

DevilDragon

Juniors
If anything, the fact we got so close to the Roosters without Barrett, Gasnier, Riddell and Thompson PROVES that we do have the required mental toughness. Those guys showed a ton of grit, courage and determination on Friday night and I was immensely proud of them.[/quote]
Also very true. I too was immensely proud and pleased with the effort displayed. It reflects the quality of depth developing within the club.

Nugby

Juniors
Only one win as opposed to six losses under a margin of 12-points. That to me shows a lack of mental toughness, something the Dogs, Roosters and Broncos have in abundance.

Maybe whoever we play in the first week we'll beat by 13+ points so we won't have that problem with the close ones

Southernsaint

Staff member
fatshark said:
:lol: :lol: please stop , my ribs are hurting.

That'd be from the operation you had to take a few out, wouldn't it?? Only way you'd ever get head...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Acka

Coach
Godz Illa said:
DevilDragon said:
If anything, the fact we got so close to the Roosters without Barrett, Gasnier, Riddell and Thompson PROVES that we do have the required mental toughness. Those guys showed a ton of grit, courage and determination on Friday night and I was immensely proud of them.

And also didn't the Roosters score 2 tries while we had a player in the sin bin and scored their 3rd while the sin binned player(Greenshields) was trying to make into the defensive line when he was allowed back onto the field.

Latest posts