What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons considering dropping “Illawarra” from their name

What a load of BS. I can't see them getting rid of Illawarra in the club name.

Knowing our club, they'll probably add "Wollongong and beyond" or "South Coast Region" instead. lol.

Despite my username being St George Dragons, I cannot see our club reverting to that name any time soon.

Who is going to write a reference for the illawarrians to help them find another jv?

Albert?

Wollongong people won’t support St George stand alone.

They won’t wear it.

They’ve already been reduced to an NRL presence of being a pair of socks. They’ve learnt to live with that, but don’t take away what’s left of their dignity!

There will be rivers of blood cascading to Fairy Meadow, the lights will go out in Dapto.

@muzby will lead the charge. The Greta Thungberg of Albion Park Rail.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Apparently there’s a survey going around? How do I get onto this?
I received an email from the Dragon membership and gave my two bobs worth .

I actually did mark my preference as the St.George Dragons , no offence to the Illawarra district as I realize the tremendous contribution that they have made - and continue to make - over the many decades .

The thought of the WIN corporation being regarded as representative of the Illawarra R.L.F.C is to me at least somewhat misleading .

Also suggested ( most tactfully ) that our board requires a thorough overhaul and to be replaced with a progressive and success oriented body whose thinking is in the 21st century , and not the halcyon days of old .

Now for all you Illawarra boys who are at this moment tearing your hair out and deciding to send me poison Xmas cards - don’t , as I believe it would be a decision that the NRL itself would need to rubber stamp before it became official and we all know that NRL will not be doing the Dragons any favours .

Last edited:
Maybe the poor dragons will get their stolen premierships back, but it’s an extreme route.

I have some fun at the Steelers expense, but Id be more than happy to see them resurrected and stand alone.

And the Dragons of course.

All the garbage people who forced the mergers, joint ventures and destroyed peoples lives are probably dead or retired by now.

Corporate cretins, I hope they endure eternal buggery with a corner post.

Stolen premierships? not while a single dragon fan heart beats and I don’t blame you.

The next nrl club is probably going to be a Disney version the way things are going. Bears dancing on barrels ( thanks to @Das Hassler for the insightful descriptive concept-from one of the great Lu posts imho).

Last edited:

Nanadragon

Juniors
I received an email from the Dragon membership and gave my two bobs worth .

I actually did mark my preference as the St.George Dragons , no offence to the Illawarra district as I realize the tremendous contribution that they have made over the many decades .

The thought of the WIN corporation being regarded as representative of the Illawarra rugby league R.L.F.C is to me at least somewhat misleading .

Also suggested ( most tactfully ) that our board requires a thorough overhaul and to be replaced with a progressive and success oriented body whose thinking is in the 21st century , and not the halcyon days of old .

Now for all you Illawarra boys who are at this moment tearing your hair out and deciding to send me poison Xmas cards don’t , as I believe it would be a decision that the NRL itself would need to rubber stamp before it became official .
Me too!

Well not really.

The only option that includes Illawarra is the leading option.

And if we’re using the whole two party politics thing, ScoMo is closer to St George than Illawarra so that makes the gong the winner..
Yeah but scomo could make himself minister for the stolen premierships as well as the order of Alan the McIndoe.

( one of my neighbours is smoking weed again)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Interesting to see that the overwhelming majority don’t want to see the team called the St George Dragons

We’re talking more than 2/3 people.. Closer to 3/4..

View attachment 68920
A poll by email to a limited and select audience, numbers unknown and photoshopped in a Newscorp tabloid before the results are counted. Or has it?
C'mon muz, you're smarter than that

Did you take the survey?