What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Draw 2018

RedVDave

First Grade
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/10/19/dragons_announce_201.af_news.html

1508363537571.png;pvd85287acfac685f3

OurRedV

Juniors
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced their fixtures for the upcoming 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The Dragons will open the NRL season on Thursday, March 8 – in what will be the first of Jubilee Oval's five home games – when star recruit Ben Hunt faces his old Brisbane Broncos team in a blockbuster affair.

Kogarah will also see the returns of the South Sydney Rabbitohs (Round 5 – Friday, April 6) and Wests Tigers (Round 18 – Sunday, July 15) for the first time since 2012. The Bulldogs will also end a five-season Jubilee Oval hiatus in Round 24 (Sunday, August 26).

WIN Stadium will get its first taste of its five home games scheduled for 2018 in Round 4 on Easter Sunday against Newcastle, in what will be the Knights' first game in Wollongong in seven years.

The Cronulla Sharks will quickly follow at WIN Stadium in Round 6 (Friday, April 13), before home games against long-time rivals Manly Sea Eagles and Parramatta Eels in Rounds 15 and 16 respectively.

"On the back of the Dragons' recent announcement to play additional home games at our traditional venues in 2018, it is exciting to see that the NRL draw has delivered so many highly anticipated games for next season," Dragons Chairman Brian Johnston said.

"The development of the NRL draw is a complex process, as is the allocation of home venues, when you take into account such variables as venue availability, sequencing of games, visiting teams and scheduling.

"We have worked hard to deliver a quality balanced schedule for all members, partners and fans, providing match ups against a mix of quality Sydney-based and interstate teams across our traditional venues.

"Add our traditional Anzac Day game against the Roosters – the biggest club game on the NRL calendar each year – and our commitment to bring an NRL game to Mudgee this season, and we are genuinely excited at what next year will bring."

The Dragons' recent commitment to the New South Wales town of Mudgee will see the club take their Round 11 (Sunday, May 20) clash against the Canberra Raiders to Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex.

As well as February's Charity Shield against the Rabbitohs, ticketing details for Round 11 are still to be finalised and will be communicated to all supporters as soon as possible.

All members will be provided with an exclusive pre-purchase window and receive discounts on tickets to the Mudgee games.

A specific Dragons Faithful Mudgee package will also be made available within the Red V Membership program, which today passed through 6000 members already signed up for the 2018 season.

The Dragons' traditional Anzac Day clash against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium will round out the club's complement of 12 home games for 2018.

Platinum, Full Season, Kogarah Upgrade and Wollongong Upgrade Members will have access to the biggest game of the NRL's regular season included in their package.

Kogarah and Wollongong Pass holders can upgrade to include Anzac Day in their membership for as little as $20.

Click here for the Dragons' 2018 Home Game Structure

The Dragons' only bye round will come in Round 13 ahead of Origin I, while there will be a standalone weekend for State of Origin II (Sunday, June 24). This will halt the NRL for a week and sees the competition reduce to 25 rounds as a result.

The Dragons 2018 home draw is as followed:

UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

· Round 1 v Brisbane Broncos: Thursday, March 8 at 8pm

· Round 5 v South Sydney Rabbitohs: Friday, April 6 at 8pm

· Round 9 v Melbourne Storm: Sunday, May 6 at 2pm

· Round 18 v Wests Tigers: Sunday, July 15 at 4pm

· Round 24 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, August 26 at 4pm

WIN Stadium, Wollongong

· Round 4 v Newcastle Knights: Sunday, April 1 at 4pm

· Round 6 v Cronulla Sharks: Friday, April 13 at 8pm

· Round 15 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: Saturday, June 16 at 5:30pm

· Round 16 v Parramatta Eels: Thursday, June 28 at 8pm

· Round 21 v New Zealand Warriors: Saturday, August 4 at 3pm

Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex, Mudgee

· Round 11 v Canberra Raiders: Sunday, May 20 at 2pm

Allianz Stadium

· Round 8 v Sydney Roosters: Wednesday, April 25 at 4pm

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/10/19/dragons_announce_201.html

1508363537571.png;pvd85287acfac685f3

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Why do we play Roosters twice at Allianz?? 2nd round should b at Kogarah or WIN.. I would b protesting now if I was Doust..

The draw is reasonable and can see us reaching 30 points with ease.. Anymore points will depend how consistent we can be.

Mickey
Its our turn to host the ANZAC day game thats the reason.

FlameThrower

Bench
I'm pretty happy with this and to play Bulldogs Tigers Souths at Jubilee is great plus the Storm ( can't remember them playing at Jubilee in ages). Just those 3 games will see bumper crowds at Jubilee not seen since 2009-2011 glory days..
Back your team and get out to support them..

Dragons22

Juniors
Hmm, on this picture here it says ANZAC Day is at 4PM, whereas on the NRL App, Dragons App and the two websites (NRL AND DRAGONS) it says that ANZAC Day is now played at 7PM, and Melbourne Warriors is at 4. ANZAC Day has always been in the afternoon, why change it? I say riot.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Hmm, on this picture here it says ANZAC Day is at 4PM, whereas on the NRL App, Dragons App and the two websites (NRL AND DRAGONS) it says that ANZAC Day is now played at 7PM, and Melbourne Warriors is at 4. ANZAC Day has always been in the afternoon, why change it? I say riot.
wouldn't mind a night time Anzac day game

Gomarchin

Juniors
It's a favourable draw only having to play 3 teams (Roosters, Parra and Sharks) from this year's top 8 twice, and all other top 8 teams once. Plus we play the Raiders once (at home).

No excuses for McGrexit but who am I kidding?!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Not impressed with an opening two Thursday night games!

One is bad enough but two?
How can my good wife watch it when she is cutting the grass and cooking tea at the same time?
Not to mention having an overload of my reg grundys to wash.

Football is for the weekend, not mid week.
Its just not cricket l say!

It's a favourable draw only having to play 3 teams (Roosters, Parra and Sharks) from this year's top 8 twice, and all other top 8 teams once. Plus we play the Raiders once (at home).

You forgot about the Premiers twice...
Not a favourable draw compared to the last 2 years at all.