What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons drop Lance Thompson

***MH***

Bench
February 17, 2004

EXPERIENCED St George Illawarra forward Lance Thompson has been dropped and fined by the National Rugby League club for disciplinary reasons.

Thompson, who was given a 12-day break from training last month to take care of personal problems, has been named in the Dragons' Premier League squad for their clash with the Central Comets in Rockhampton on Saturday night.

Chief executive Peter Doust confirmed today Thompson had been disciplined but declined to provide any details.

"I can say that he has been relegated to Premier League," Doust said.

"He has been dropped from the NRL squad for disciplinary reasons."

Doust said Thompson had accepted his punishment, which also included a fine.

Thompson, who turned 26 yesterday, has played 159 first grade games for the Dragons since making his debut in 1999.

Last season he captained the Dragons in Trent Barrett's injury-enforced absence.

AAP

Jimbo

Immortal
Reggie Dunlop said:
Anyone know what he did?

On the news this morning they said he showed up for training a bit worse for wear after a big night on the turps

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Reggie Dunlop said:
Anyone know what he did?

On the news this morning they said he showed up for training a bit worse for wear after a big night on the turps

Yep he had his birthday bash and with all his troubles off the field, he had a few too many, and copped the penalty, I was at training tuesday, and you can tell the guys are not upset as a team, but more worried about Lance and his problems.

Why do all the Dragons and Bulldogs players go out at Northies?

Dont they have pubs in your area?

Just curious, there seems to be a bit of trouble from time to time and it's always down at Cronulla.

izzo

Juniors
I think its the cheap beer which attracted thommo due to his change on income.

Anonymous

Juniors
At 2:30 this afternoon Doust and Thompson addressed the media where Thompson apologised to the club, his team and supporters.

Anonymous

Juniors
I didnt know you were a Bluebags supporter... good on you.
Newtown would give Souths first grade a run for their money.

izzo

Juniors
Willow said:

I dont know about that

SirShire

First Grade
Willow said:

Shit yeah Willow. Would be a very interesting match to see!

izzo

Juniors
I heard thommo had like 1000 shire beers as the saying goes "Beers served in the shire is like having sex on a canoe its too close to water"

SirShire

First Grade
izzo said:
I heard thommo had like 1000 shire beers as the saying goes "Beers served in the shire is like having sex on a canoe its too close to water"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: