What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons/Eels Co-operation required

eloquentEEL

First Grade
There is still a chance that both the Dragons and the Eels can make the finals, but we have to help each other out. Parra needs the Dragons to win both of their remaining games (which the Dragons need to do anyway if they are to be any chance of making the finals) and the Dragons need Parra to beat the Broncos and/or Cowboys to beat the Knights.

If we both hold up our end of the bargain this weekend against the Broncos and Knights respectively, then we're both still in with a shot going into the final round.

Hopefully, both our teams can hand the Broncos a hiding to nothing and send those Donkeys out of the comp on a note they'll remember for years to come.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Cheers Willow, that's the spirit!

Just have a chat to the boys and mention that I've asked them for a favour. That should pretty much guarantee the win. :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yes, if we each dish out two floggings and the Cowboys wish to join in then we can send the Broncos and Knights packing :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
flip said:
ahhh stuff parra!! ehehehe :twisted:

flip, to stuff parra you would have to stuff yourselves... or have you already given up hope for 2003?

Don't forget, you still have a chance of making the finals, and from there anything can happen.

flip

Juniors
eels2win said:
flip said:

flip, to stuff parra you would have to stuff yourselves... or have you already given up hope for 2003?

Don't forget, you still have a chance of making the finals, and from there anything can happen.

I can't see parra or dragons doing much in the finals.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
And I suppose you were betting your house on the Warriors making the GF last year?

Point being that it's a whole new ball game when the finals start and it's anybody's for the taking. Especially if you go in on the form it would take to beat the Knights and Broncos in successive weeks.

Anonymous

Juniors
flip said:
eels2win said:
flip said:

I can't see parra or dragons doing much in the finals.
I sort of wrote-off Saints in 1996. I mean, how can team have a hope when only three players show up to the first training sesssion of the year?

I wasn't alone either... even Brian Johnston the CEO told me that he didnt expect us to make the semis. But we made the grand final and gave the competition a real run for it's money.

I've learnt that there is no such thing as a sure bet.. and that it works both ways.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Thanks for holding up your end of the bargaining regarding the show ponies. After that match, the Dragons are one team that can definitely hold their heads up high in the off season!!!

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
i would love to see the Broncos get knocked out of the finals in the first week, doesn't look like its going to happen now though. Eels are going to have to work some magic to push themselves into the 8. Oh well, with Broncos in the top 8, we can know that they will lose first week and get knocked out. Handing them an 8 in a row losing streak. :lol: :lol: :lol: