What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons eye Farah

Bench
It is reported that the Tigers would pay half on next years salary, so it would only cost $400,000-$500,00.

Also JT he was dropped because the halfs were not getting quality ball, we already have a hooker that dose that

Gareth67

First Grade
No thanks i smell another benji.
There is 1 very big difference between the 2 , with all due respect to Benji , his main weapon in attack was his speed and elusiveness . Unfortunately because of his age , that has all but gone .Where as with Farrah , it's his all round ability to organize and direct the attack , as I had already said earlier , his ' football smarts ' , and it can only get better with age .
Love him , or loathe him , you can't take that away from him .

GKJ79

Juniors
It is reported that the Tigers would pay half on next years salary, so it would only cost $400,000-$500,00.

Also JT he was dropped because the halfs were not getting quality ball, we already have a hooker that dose that

Absolute perfect fit for the Dragons then, thats the type of players Mcgregor wants, Mcgregor can teach him to play Dragons footy.

GKJ79

Juniors
There is 1 very big difference between the 2 , with all due respect to Benji , his main weapon in attack was his speed and elusiveness . Unfortunately because of his age , that has all but gone .Where as with Farrah , it's his all round ability to organize and direct the attack , as I had already said earlier , his ' football smarts ' , and it can only get better with age .
Love him , or loathe him , you can't take that away from him .

Yep, Robbie is that good, he organized Taylor to put him in reserve grade, his football smarts are definitely serving him well with age.

Old Timer

Coach
Isn't this where the season started talking about this over inflated dud footballer coming to St GI?

20 rounds on and again we get linked to a reject from another club nothing ever seems to change with us.

If people here thing Mary is a control freak and not letting the so called attacking coach have any input wait til this wanker comes here.

John moz

Juniors
Yep, Robbie is that good, he organized Taylor to put him in reserve grade, his football smarts are definitely serving him well with age.
Isn't this where the season started talking about this over inflated dud footballer coming to St GI?

20 rounds on and again we get linked to a reject from another club nothing ever seems to change with us.

If people here thing Mary is a control freak and not letting the so called attacking coach have any input wait til this wanker comes here.
100% mary hasnt got it in him to sack benji .And there is Taylor sacking Farrah.

Coffs dragon

Bench
By bringing Farah to the club they can save on the need for a coach as Robbie rules the the gameplay. By also re-signing Benji the club would not need a CEO, recruitment manager or media manager as Benji & Farah control the lot. The financial saving would be huge and the Board could move all our home games to ANZ stadium to be near Robbie and Benjis homes

grouch

First Grade
Just embarrassing. Players like Nathan Peats, James Segeyaro and the Cowboys prodigy Brandon Smith have switched clubs, and we're left here deciding between the dreadful Rein and the past-it Farah.

More reason to bring in a new coach asap. Planning and recruitment decisions need to be made

thestevo888

Juniors
Yeah we seem to like the old hookers dont we? :)
He may well be our next luke priddis/ Simon wolford, so yes to Farah, but on the proviso that he won't be playing the full 80 minutes and that he has to mentor one of the young kids in the cutters/20's.

This could work with some older hookers but isn't the reason he's being dumped because he can't/won't give up the limelight? Mentoring, being unselfish with the minutes played and with the style of play one brings seems to be Farah's issue - I'd love it if he COULD do these things but I'm not sure that he would.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I wouldn't take the Farah signing too seriously....already this morning I have seen reported the Dragons are interested in Hayne, Norman and Segyaro...we're going to have a SUPER TEAM.....LOL

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Farah is overpriced and I would rather give Coster or Robson a go as they are two guys that can pass and tackle. We should stop buying Reserve Grade rejects and give the youngsters a chance as we are wasting our salary cap on has beens or never was's such as Groat, Lafai, ,Marketo, Mc Crone, Nielsen and Quinlan. Let's get Johnny Raper to do the recruiting as he would have an eye for talent.

G
Just embarrassing. Players like Nathan Peats, James Segeyaro and the Cowboys prodigy Brandon Smith have switched clubs, and we're left here deciding between the dreadful Rein and the past-it Farah.

More reason to bring in a new coach asap. Planning and recruitment decisions need to be made
Grouch, you're forgetting Ray Thompson. That reserve grader is also on Doust's brylcreme slicked list.

Saint-Fez

Juniors
Suddenly I'm praying we sign Ray Thompson as a hooker.... as sad as it may seem, he appears to be the cheapest mistake Doust could make. Also due to his current reserve grader status it may only take Mary 10-12 rounds to drop him.

drago brelli

Bench
Dragons should develop Sam Coster, Illawarra junior Purcell from the SG Ball team and surely there is someone in Head's 20s who is going ok at 9. The 20s are outright second at this point.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Dragons should develop Sam Coster, Illawarra junior Purcell from the SG Ball team and surely there is someone in Head's 20s who is going ok at 9. The 20s are outright second at this point.
Yep, that's Reece Robson who's been mentioned previously. He was named in Australian Schoolboys squad & is only 18.