What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons interested in Valentine Holmes

V

Vasilevsky

Three in a row.
You seem to have a problem with direct questions.
There is a control issue, if the conversation is not going the way you want you resort to the child-like "I know you are but what am I" syndrome.
Quite common in pseudo intellectuals.

What gives that impression?

V

Vasilevsky

Quality stirring. Better user name. Well played sir.

You are permitted to say that. It isn't breaking our agreement even if it is heading in that direction. Pozdrav. Are you allowed to say that? I know it's a greeting but for all I know it could be equivalent to "Genossen" or "Tovarich", in which case you of course would not be permitted to say it. At least if you were in Serbia.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Vasilevsky, may I ask what input you, yourself had in getting the Dragons the premierships?

I myself, follow a club through thick and thin, once chosen.

I do not claim any success or failure, as I do not actually have anything to do with it.

I simply follow my team.

Perhaps you are Doust, otherwise you are just another would be supporter who claims others success for yourself.

You da man.

V

Vasilevsky

Vasilevsky, may I ask what input you, yourself had in getting the Dragons the premierships?

I myself, follow a club through thick and thin, once chosen.

I do not claim any success or failure, as I do not actually have anything to do with it.

I simply follow my team.

Perhaps you are Doust, otherwise you are just another would be supporter who claims others success for yourself.

You da man.

Without me that premiership wouldn't have been possible.

V

Vasilevsky

For the purpose of this experiment we'll call this: Case 1.

So if i answered your question (whether I like apples or not) would I go from being a pseudo intellectual to an intellectual? Or does it depend on the answer?

So if i answered your question (whether I like apples or not) would I go from being a pseudo intellectual to an intellectual? Or does it depend on the answer?

The fact that you are contemplating answering the original question shows that you are inwardly looking.
Congratulations on taking that first step.
We have a long way to go but we'll get there.

goggles

Juniors
The fact that you are contemplating answering the original question shows that you are inwardly looking.
I'd be willing to wager a box of apples that you get nowhere near there!

V

Vasilevsky

Now I'm getting confused:crazy:. If I were to answer the original question would that make me an outward-looking intellectual, an inward-looking pseudo intellectual or something in between?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Without me that premiership wouldn't have been possible.
I see modesty is a strong suit.

"That" premiership implies one, what about the 11 in row?

Willow is so old, he remembers being in his adult life watching Norm, Reg, Raper, Langlands et al.

Your personal guidance through this period of success must be a fond memory.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I saw and know Langlands, I have talked to but never got to watch the others you mention. Changa was just an incredible talent.

The guys that won the 11 in a row were quite simply the players, coaches (usually captain coach in that era) and frank Facer. If vaselinerwhatevr isn't one of those then he is likley a village idiot.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting confused:crazy:. If I were to answer the original question would that make me an outward-looking intellectual, an inward-looking pseudo intellectual or something in between?

Now you're getting confused.
Perfect.
Now go and read other people's interactions with you.
That's how they feel.

RedVDave

First Grade
Holmes is a damn good player! But the Sharks would not be that stupid to let him he go.

ONPOINT

Juniors
Annoys the shit out of me how people talk about sides in a non professional era like they would even beat an U20s team now a days. Skill level was horrible back then.

Holmes is an amazing talent there is just no chance the Sharks would ever let him go.

The Nick

Bench
Annoys the shit out of me how people talk about sides in a non professional era like they would even beat an U20s team now a days. Skill level was horrible back then.

WTF "skill level was horrible back then"? Actually no it wasn't, the difference between the modern era and the teams that played back then was the professionalism. That's it.

As humans we haven't increased in "skill", we've just gotten bigger, stronger faster.

If Gasnier, Langlands and Raper pulled on the boots today, trained 5-6 days a week on the paddock and in the gym, had the benefit of nutritionists, physios, team doctors etc then they would still be top of the class by a big margin in 2016.

The fact is our past legends could not only play just as good as their counterparts in the modern era but they could probably drink them under the table after the game too.