What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Next Coach

Our Next Coach for 2021

• Total voters

boardlumps62

Juniors
I am not acquainted with Musby or OT they must be good people otherwise they would not support Dragons. Can we stop sniping and just have a different point of view without bitchin. Lol

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Is this a wish list of some sort?

One observation: why ANYONE would want another rookie coach is beyond me. Therefore, that should rule out four of the “alleged” candidates. Flanagan is under NRL suspension, so he’s no hope. Toovey (in my opinion) will never coach against Manly, so that leaves Griffen (sacked twice) and Brown.

I’d have the latter back in a heartbeat.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This thread should be changed to Dragons Assistant coaches for 2020 as Mary will stay.

I am tipping that John McGregor will be assistant who is a cousin of Paul, Defensive coach will be Trevor Young which will be Craig's nephew and Forwards coach will be William Johnston who is Brian's son. They will replace Crawley, Young and Hornby. All 3 new comers have no coaching experience but are good blokes......And were chosen over a list of 58 Assistants who applied for the role including Browny, Toovey, Taylor, Fitzgibbon, etc.

qld redvee

Juniors
This thread should be changed to Dragons Assistant coaches for 2020 as Mary will stay.

I am tipping that John McGregor will be assistant who is a cousin of Paul, Defensive coach will be Trevor Young which will be Craig's nephew and Forwards coach will be William Johnston who is Brian's son. They will replace Crawley, Young and Hornby. All 3 new comers have no coaching experience but are good blokes......And were chosen over a list of 58 Assistants who applied for the role including Browny, Toovey, Taylor, Fitzgibbon, etc.
slippery you may be close to the mark.. names that were rumored to be the 2020 sacrificial lambs - Barrett ( back to penrith) Dave Furner who would have been a good pick up is now possibly being linked to Newcastle as an assisstant .. As we are after assisstants then we need to sign somebody before they themselves get picked up and we get left with the bottom of the barrel end of bin specials .. Remembering that the board have stated to give supercoach every help to succeed so we need quality top shelf that can step in after round 8 and steer us out of this mess

Surely our club could talk to Flanagan and maybe try and get the ban lifted, banned for life is a bit over the top
Flanno already talking to Greenberg trying to get a return timeframe. Beetroot face reckons dragons want Flanno and only hanging on to Mary because he can’t come back yet.

Imagine Flanno and Carney, together again. Making the big red V great again.

FMD

Gareth67

First Grade
If I could elaborate and give a list of personal whom could get the Dragons to the very top for many years :-

Major benefactor - NickPolitis ( a straight swap with Bruce Gordon )

CEO and general assistant to coach - Phillip ( the human football ) Gould

Coach - Shaun Warne ( hired to kick arse and bring a regimen of toughness and skill to our boys )

Head of Recruitment - possum ( To completely overhaul our present recruitment procedures and bring the joint venture into the 21st century - with the added advantage of not making it a mess )

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

SAP58

Juniors
I still keep hearing the Flanagan rumour from different sources some usually more reliable than others and it has appeared in the Telegraph today. Don't understand the last paragraph though "If McGregor does survive, Flanagan will probably look for an assistant coaching role at other clubs." If they wont re-register him as a head coach why wouldn't he take up the assistant role at the Dragons ? Only answer is he wont work with McUseless...cant blame him !
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k/news-story/3e05994b3ad8cd989aea7d33d71bb504

j0nesy

Bench
If I could elaborate and give a list of personal whom could get the Dragons to the very top for many years :-

Major benefactor - NickPolitis ( a straight swap with Bruce Gordon )

CEO and general assistant to coach - Phillip ( the human football ) Gould

Coach - Shaun Warne ( hired to kick arse and bring a regimen of toughness and skill to our boys )

Head of Recruitment - possum ( To completely overhaul our present recruitment procedures and bring the joint venture into the 21st century )

We’d deadset have an extended squad of 400 players if Politis were “benefactor” and Possum head of recruitment.

Latest posts