What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons now have shorter odds of 2018 premiership than Storm and Cowboys

Brutalitops

Juniors
According to Sportsbet anyway. Means nothing of course, but it's certainly a testament to our team that we are now one of those teams at $6.00 instead of $31.00

Roosters are the only team shorter at $5.00

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
30624106_1791170890929640_7742374947768887507_n.jpg

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Geez! I would still have cows over us until we prove ourselves.
Roosters and Penrith look good, hopefully we can challenge at the back end

Slackboy72

Coach
To be honest, on paper, there are 4 or 5 teams better than us.
But games aren't played on paper.
Of those teams only easts have shown any inkling of form after 20% of the season gone.
If those teams don't step up soon, like we expected them to, then I have no issue with us being considered as a favourite.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
And may sportsbet be correct if it's the rorters we have to beat I say bring it on great from 7 to 1 but but forwards win games their pack is nowhere NEAR .........

ouryears

Bench
To be honest, on paper, there are 4 or 5 teams better than us.
But games aren't played on paper.
Of those teams only easts have shown any inkling of form after 20% of the season gone.
If those teams don't step up soon, like we expected them to, then I have no issue with us being considered as a favourite.
Noooooooooo
5 weeks in
Geeze
Now stop it

Saintsified

Bench
Betting should not be involved with sport at all in my opinion. Inspires players to become corrupt and/or develop gambling problems. Same goes for kids, why should they be exposed to gambling being normal they don't allow cigarette companies to be involved with sponsorship any longer thinking it'll influence children to smoke. Well I think gambling does exactly the same thing.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Betting should not be involved with sport at all in my opinion. Inspires players to become corrupt and/or develop gambling problems. Same goes for kids, why should they be exposed to gambling being normal they don't allow cigarette companies to be involved with sponsorship any longer thinking it'll influence children to smoke. Well I think gambling does exactly the same thing.
Betting will always be involved in sport, whether it be legal or illegal. I do admit that making it legal makes it a lot easier to get a bet on.

SP bookmaking used to be a very lucrative business before the introduction of the TAB and then corporate bookies. Personally I like to bet on the footy, not individual games, but who will win the minor premiership, premiership, wooden spoon or most loses as it is called now, and even top 4 and top 8.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
When Winfield used to sponsor the Rugby League, I think they were the most popular cigarette in Sydney. I have never smoked, but many of my friends used to smoke Winfield back in the late 80's and nineties.

Benson & Hedges used to sponsor the Australian cricket series. I think that may have helped them become more popular too.

Saintsified

Bench
When Winfield used to sponsor the Rugby League, I think they were the most popular cigarette in Sydney. I have never smoked, but many of my friends used to smoke Winfield back in the late 80's and nineties.

Benson & Hedges used to sponsor the Australian cricket series. I think that may have helped them become more popular too.
That's my point, surely allowing legal betting and all this talk odds etc will influence kids to gamble.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Apparently it wasnt uncommon to go into the Aussies dressing room and see packets of B&H lying around everywhere....how times have changed

Last edited:

Bench
Rooster’s price will start to blow out if they keep playing like they have been