What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons players for Australia Tests

mickeylane

Bench
Anyone think any Dragons players get selected for the upcoming test matches in October ?

I’m thinking
Ben Hunt back up to Cook at hooker

JDB if passed fit.

BLM01

First Grade
Selfishly I hope Zilch. But Frizzell s/be the only one. If they need a back up hooker..I suppose Benny..but why not Jake Friend if they win the comp....god where all the good hookers gone outside Smith. Leave Benny alone. I reckon he will have a mystery off season surgery so unavailable. Our other backrowers are busted but would not get in front of Boyd Cordner, Troboyevich (however you spell it), Papali, McGuire, Kaufusi & Crichton. Radley a surprise bolter. Are any of Brisbane's pups able to get a surprise call up Pangai Jnr?.

2010Dragons

Bench
None. Hope no one gets picked. Enjoy the off season, rest and come back fresh.
f**k the rep games f**k manenga. The Dragons got well and truely raped by Freddy and the BULLSHIT SOO Exibition game.
If the boys didn’t play the SOO series we would have finished in the top 4 and maybe minor premiers.
I’m thinking it was Fittler who deliberately derailed our season with his kumbaya SOO.

ouryears

Bench
f**k the rep games f**k manenga. The Dragons got well and truely raped by Freddy and the BULLSHIT SOO Exibition game.
If the boys didn’t play the SOO series we would have finished in the top 4 and maybe minor premiers.
I’m thinking it was Fittler who deliberately derailed our season with his kumbaya SOO.
Can I ask why is it then that Storm, Sharks and Others had plenty of SOO players and they continued on quite ok.

It has nothing to do with SOO and plenty with our coaching team.

The last few years we faded badly as well, and we did not have many SOO players then! SOO is a convenient excuse, my evidence is in our previous yrs we also collapsed badly and hardly had any SOO players.

So it’s a myth.

The evidence points to our coach.....yet again.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
I believe Frizell and Simms both deserve a test jumper. I’d say Friz will be picked but Simms will miss out. I think JDB a few months ago was the form backrower but his game dropped off a little in recent months, whereas Simms has been consistently good than got even better until injured.

2010Dragons

Bench
Can I ask why is it then that Storm, Sharks and Others had plenty of SOO players and they continued on quite ok.

It has nothing to do with SOO and plenty with our coaching team.

The last few years we faded very badly as well, and we did not many SOO players then! SOO is a convenient excuse, my evidence is in our previous yrs we have collapsed badly and we hardly had any SOO players.

So it’s a myth.

The evidence points to our coach.....yet again.
OY,
CORRECT it’s the coach’s faulty for not managering the teams rep players rest, but with no SOO bullshit game to make more money for Todd and his dodgy NRL
then the boys would have been fresh and peaked not BEFORE the SOO but towards the end of the season. OY didn’t you notice once the bullshit SOO was over the OUR boys didn’t look interested. Until another big game against the donkeys and bunnies. ?
Footy is not game to the players it’s now about making big money with rep games and upgrades to contracts. The players think of themselves then money then career then winning then last the fans. These days the fans are not important, only themselves and money.

JDHD

Juniors
It’ll be Friz, maybe JDB if he’s fit. Hunt will only get picked because he’s a Queenslander.

rednwhites

Juniors

The right team wins every year in the AFL every year because it doesn't have an invasive rep game load. It's one thing that McGregor can't manage us through it but either way it's still often completely season defining, and has cost us dearly on 3 seasons at least in the last decade where we could well have been premiers. Kudos to the teams also affected by origin who have coaches that use a bit of common sense.

Dea

Juniors
Frizz
JDB needs a break to repair so I hope he doesn’t
Sims I hope misses out so he gets angry about missing out and plays even better next year
Hunt won’t be picked and could do with a month or two away from the game. Get his head sorted, see a sports psychologist and slay a few demons in the process.