What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Rabbitohs to be moved?

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
If Dragons win against Newcastle they secure 1st.
The game next week will sell out
Would they entertain the idea to move to ANZ to get a 30K + crowd.
More fans to see them get the Minor Premiership Shield.
More money to be made
I know they wouldnt last year but they were still under threat from the Dogs in Rd 26.
It would be good for them and for the game

Eels Dude

Coach
If they were going to take it anywhere to get a bigger crowd, why would they take it to ANZ as opposed to the SFS?

Goddo

Bench
P!ss off back down your burrow.

It will be at Jubilee Oval. Suck it if you don't like it

Chook Norris

First Grade
and this is why league crowd will grow oh so slowly..

but even so, moving the game now at such short notice and to the detriment of numbers would nevertheless be a no no

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah yeah, a game that could be make-or-break for Souths, and a Souths supporter saying we should move the game to a Souths home ground for 'the good of the game'.

Sorry, I've already paid for my season ticket for Kogarah last year, and I paid for my airline tickets for round 26 weeks ago.

Try again earlier in the year when you're not so desperate for two comp points.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh, saccharrin sweet now.

If we are good enough to win the minor premiership, why would I prefer Homebush to see the JJ Giltinan Shield be awarded? Kogarah Jubilee is our home ground.

You'd be lucky to get 20,000 at Homebush. Lots of empty seats - it would look like crap.

Don't feel bad Tommy, pushing for Saints to lose our home ground advantage has become an annual event. The push is on again. There'll be more threads like this in the coming days and weeks.

adamkungl

Immortal
When will people get it through their heads you can't just move a game on a whim?

Mind you, this would have been huge at the SCG or SFS. If it was planned 6 months ago.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
When will people understand, especially those clowns at Daily Telegraph.

It is very very hard to move a premiership game that has already been scheduled.

Ok it would be a good idea to move to get more fans at a bigger ground like ANZ or SFS, but wheres the home ground advantage to the Dragons? And that was when they wanted to force the Parramatta/Dragons and last weeks game against the Wests Tigers to ANZ. Leave it at their home ground.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
When will people get it through their heads you can't just move a game on a whim?

Mind you, this would have been huge at the SCG or SFS. If it was planned 6 months ago.

Beat me too it.

How can you change a game that has already been scheduled 6 months in advance?

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah Parramatta tried to change their round 1 home game against the Dragons to ANZ the week leading up to it, but the Parramatta Stadium trust wanted 200k in compensation so they couldn't. I would imagine it would be the same at Kogarah. It's just not that simple.

Brutus

Referee
If the Dragons happen to play the Bunnies in the first week ofthe finals then it should be played at the SFS.

It's called common sense. A 30k plus crowd for sure, possibly 40.

We all saw how good Kogarah was for them in week 1 last year against Parra.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If the Dragons happen to play the Bunnies in the first week ofthe finals then it should be played at the SFS.

It's called common sense. A 30k plus crowd for sure, possibly 40.
It's always amusing when people start throwing figures around.

Brutus, I seem to recall that you did this last year as well. But the facts didn't gel. Unfortunately the Parra supporter base didn't back up the lock-out theory.

Brutus said:
We all saw how good Kogarah was for them in week 1 last year against Parra.
Yeah, Saints lost. Has nothing to do with your maths.

There was serious lack of Parra supporters that night. It was near full house. Under 20K.

You seem forget that it is a club decision.

It was a healthy crowd number but not a full house. So the club made the right decision.

As I said, your hypothetical figures are not backed up by facts.

GongPanther said:
Plus the extra trade at their club would come in handy in these tight times.
Kogarah Jubilee is opposite St George Leagues club. Something else you don't know.

The marketing of the Dragons is doing just fine. Saints have been in the black since the 1950s. Perhaps there is another club that can make the same claim.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
It's always amusing when people start throwing figures around.

Brutus, I seem to recall that you did this last year as well. But the facts didn't gel. Unfortunately the Parra supporter base didn't back up the lock-out theory.

Yeah, Saints lost. Has nothing to do with your maths.

There was serious lack of Parra supporters that night. It was near full house. Under 20K.

Cheers.

That logic is horribly flawed.

The same amount of Parra fans that turned up to SFS match against Wests would've at least turned up at the SFS for a semi against the Dragons, pointing to a crowd of at least 35k.

I was so glad to see the Dragons lose that match.

Players lift at the big venues for the big games. Kogarah is hardly a big venue. People do not want to go to Kogarah for finals as was proven last year.

And yes...here we go again.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
You'd be lucky to get 20,000 at Homebush. Lots of empty seats - it would look like crap.

I don't see why St George vs Souths with both sides in contention would not draw at least 30,000 at a ground with the capacity. And it may be in the Dragons interests if the Rabbitohs win. You would not really be wanting to play the Raiders in Week 1 they way they are going at the moment.