What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons re-sign Mikaele Ravalawa

SnowDragon

Juniors
The ”dog act” isn’t one that Rav4 should be proud of.

However, 4 guys try to pound you, inc. illegal shoulder charges and you come out on top.I kind of think the adrenaline is kicking and I can understand the moment. The fact his later response changed to support Kurt is a great illustration, and the support of others in the Dragons side for the concussed Mann (Tariq in particular), while knights players just wanted to get all tough is even more telling.

The fact that the media wanted to focus on Rav4 is clearly smoke and mirrors to deflect from their behaviour and try to lessen the judiciary outcome. 1 week for safiti is all they got? Nothing for Pierce, nothing for Klemmer...

ALSGI

Bench

However, 4 guys try to pound you, inc. illegal shoulder charges and you come out on top.I kind of think the adrenaline is kicking and I can understand the moment. The fact his later response changed to support Kurt is a great illustration, and the support of others in the Dragons side for the concussed Mann (Tariq in particular), while knights players just wanted to get all tough is even more telling.

The fact that the media wanted to focus on Rav4 is clearly smoke and mirrors to deflect from their behaviour and try to lessen the judiciary outcome. 1 week for safiti is all they got? Nothing for Pierce, nothing for Klemmer...
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Rava was fired up at the brothers then reacted when he saw he'd left one Knight in the dirt, probably just didn't realise how much damage he'd done at the time. Dragons, especially Sims, showed more concern for an old teammate than any of his Knights mates did anyway.

Mann was the victim of "friendly fire" from the Knights hit men who were out to flatten Rav. Saifiti and co should be abjectly apologising to Mann.

ALSGI

Bench

Mate, fairly predictable garbage from a team suffering a loss in-front a huge home crowd when they were expected to win.
Apart from the shoulder charges, the biggest ‘dog act’ was the Journo reporting it as a dog act (apparently a Dragons fan) makes it a bigger dog act.
One of Ravas best plays so far, have watched it several times and he was returning it back strong, quick and with intent - then with about 5m before contact actually put it into Turbo and the rest is history. :boom::boom::boom:
Suck it up Knights!

Old Timer

Coach

Rava didn’t do anything wrong and there was no dog act on his behalf

He met the challenge they mounted including the blatant illegalities and he smashed them so no doubt his adrenaline was running full tilt and rightfully so.

In the heat of the battle he took no prisoners and triumphed simple as that.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Rava didn’t do anything wrong and there was no dog act on his behalf

He met the challenge they mounted including the blatant illegalities and he smashed them so no doubt his adrenaline was running full tilt and rightfully so.

In the heat of the battle he took no prisoners and triumphed simple as that.

Appreciate your position, and can see it as well. Other side is simply this is sport, if a guy is potentially seriously hurt, I would't taunt him or others around him (even if fault lies on the other side).

Gareth67

First Grade

1 week for safiti is all they got? Nothing for Pierce, nothing for Klemmer...

Totally agree with you Snowy , I am sure that Ravawala’s response was indeed adrenaline driven without - as you and many others have mentioned - realizing just what damage had been done to Mann ( thanks to the efforts of his own teammates , not Rav himself ) .

The only dog act was the ‘ wrap over the knuckles ‘ suspension handed out to those Knights players who went into Rava to cause as much damage as possible .

But then again , I suppose that the judiciary could not be too hard on those individuals after their team was decimated by those blood thirsty Dragons . :thinking:

Last edited:

epDragon62

First Grade
I sure most don't want to hear this but the previous administration brought Rava from Mounties and last year offered him a 3 year extension. I'm not Mary fan, I have the scares to prove it, but somehow Mary and co. brought him through to First Grade and he was improving for all of last year.

Have been a big fan of his and can see he is getting more athletic and is slowly building his endurance. With another off-season under his belt, I think he will be at another level vying for best wingers in the comp.

So we need to thank Mary and Millward for getting Rava and helping him last year.
Hmmm, no, too much damage done in general by the McG days for me to be that magnanimous.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors

Well said mate.

Crush

Coach
I’m worried about Rava.
Poor bloke has a target on his back now.
He’ll change the way he defends no doubt and may not be the same player.
Signed until end of 2023.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m worried about Rava.
I reckon he’ll be right. He finally mastered the high ball this year, I’m sure a good off season to work on it he’ll improve his timing. In saying that I could not for the life of me find anything wrong with that last tackle at all.

boardlumps62

Juniors
If they don't like Rava tackling correctly let him hit them around the chest that will knock the stuffing out of his opponents.

I’m worried about Rava.
Target on his back for sure. Of all the hundreds of tackles in a game I found it strange that his tackle in the Canberra game was highlighted even though there was no complaint and nobody injured and nobody even noticed it at the time.
The bunker was obviously told to watch every one of Rav’s tackles.

Gippsy

Bench
The problem with Rav is his technique. He puts his head down and is not looking at the attacking player, so has no idea what that playing is doing with the ball or if he even has the ball. The tackle technique itself is good except he can't see what is happening and that is going to keep getting him into trouble.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors

one of ravs many rib checks. I always laugh at how lomax apologizes and hugs dce after his winger smashed him.
That's a great video and highlights what I like about Rav: a strong hit but good sportsmanship to boot. Kudos to DCE there too.

For all the media hyperbole, it's just a game. It's a shame that the NRL are doing their utmost to rub him out and meanwhile protecting some real grubs.

The problem with Rav is his technique. He puts his head down and is not looking at the attacking player, so has no idea what that playing is doing with the ball or if he even has the ball. The tackle technique itself is good except he can't see what is happening and that is going to keep getting him into trouble.
I disagree. His technique is superb. The rules are the problem.