What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons release Macdonald, sign three more

Carlton

Juniors
I'd go for O'Neil for Lafai and sign Oats in place of MacDonald:

1. Dufty
2. Pereira or one of the 2 new boys
3. Lomax
4. O'Neil
5. Oates

With Lomax and Oats on the right, our defence will stand up to any team.

The biggest problem in the backline isn't Lafai, its Dufty and unless we get a genuine first grade quality fullback we will struggle.

possm

Coach
The biggest problem in the backline isn't Lafai, its Dufty and unless we get a genuine first grade quality fullback we will struggle.

If Dufty does not scrub up in the off-season, I'm sure Lomax will be our fullback. He was in the mix for that position at the beginning of 2018. If that happens, who are we left with for the right centre position? It will fall to Aitken and so we go through another season with a leaky right edge.

Carlton

Juniors
If Dufty does not scrub up in the off-season, I'm sure Lomax will be our fullback. He was in the mix for that position at the beginning of 2018. If that happens, who are we left with for the right centre position? It will fall to Aitken and so we go through another season with a leaky right edge.

I'd leave Lomax at centre and look for a fullback. If the talk of Corey Norman is true then maybe Widdop is the answer. I would not like to see McInness moved out for Hunt, his defence at hooker is the best in the comp and takes a lot of pressure off the other forwards.

McInness
Hunt
Norman
Widdop

is looking like a pretty good spine.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'd go for O'Neil for Lafai and sign Oats in place of MacDonald:

1. Dufty
2. Pereira or one of the 2 new boys
3. Lomax
4. O'Neil
5. Oates

With Lomax and Oats on the right, our defence will stand up to any team.
No. We don't want O'Neil at our club. O'Neil is Shit, with a capital S.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I'd leave Lomax at centre and look for a fullback. If the talk of Corey Norman is true then maybe Widdop is the answer. I would not like to see McInness moved out for Hunt, his defence at hooker is the best in the comp and takes a lot of pressure off the other forwards.

McInness
Hunt
Norman
Widdop

is looking like a pretty good spine.
The only time that Norman really impressed me was when he was playing halfback. He got his 900K a season contract when he was playing halfback and was even spoken of as Qld's future halfback at the time. For me it would be halfback or nothing with Norman.

Carlton

Juniors
I’d argue that the biggest weaknesses (plural) is tripled: fullback AND wingers.

Pereira showed he can handle first grade and wing is where you should be blooding young fast outside backs. If we had a really solid fullback I think the wings are not as big a problem now Lomax has shown he can defend at centre.

But after saying this, I wouldn't knock back a gun winger if we signed one. I would prefer to see fullback fixed first however.

Drag Queen

Bench
If we want a new fullback, what about A J Brimson from the Titans? It is completely beyond my understanding that he is still unsigned. He is a real football brain and can also cover five eight and half.[/QUOI I wish, but I'm sure every team does.

Drag Queen

Bench
I agree 100%, AJ Brimson is going to be a star.
I agree 100%, AJ Brimson is going to be a star.
An O'Neil, Brimson or Oates is what we need. Realistically, with our minimal pulling power, we can do worse than Ken Sio to replace MacDonald.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/c47c3d23b477e6ca4174859f484564a9
Are we that poor $$$ wise or cash poor? Maybe. Naively I thought we would have money to spend. Obviously not.

possm

Coach
If we want a new fullback, what about A J Brimson from the Titans? It is completely beyond my understanding that he is still unsigned. He is a real football brain and can also cover five eight and half.

I've heard that the Broncos are chasing Brimson and he wants to go there. He would be great in the big red V.

Last edited:

Latest posts