What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Beau Scott

Spike

First Grade
The dream of every young rugby league player is to make it to the National Rugby League (NRL) and Bargo boy Beau Scott has moved a step closer to realising this dream.
Scott has signed a one year deal with the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 2004 season with the hard running centre set to play Premier League with the club next year.
Pre-season training has already begun in earnest for the Dragons, with Scott making the trip to Wollongong three times a week.
The 19-year-old has hopes to crack into the first grade squad for the upcoming footy season, but his immediate aim is to just to cement his place in the Dragons' second tier squad.
"My first aim is to make it to first division (Premier League) and then hopefully crack it for a first grade spot at the end of the year, but that will probably be two or three years down the track," Scott said.
Scott played one game in Premier League last year against South Sydney at WIN Stadium during the State of Origin period, spending the first half of the year with the Illawarra Steelers Jersey Flegg side.
After the under-19 competition ended in May, Scott lined up for the Wests Devils in the Illawarra first grade competition and it was during this time Scott was called up to the Dragons ranks.
"It (Premier League) was totally different. You're playing against mature players and everybody on the field can play the game."
Scott started playing with The Oaks in under-sixes before switching to Picton when he was 13 and in the 2001 season he made his Group 6 senior debut with the club's under-18 side.
The following year he played a handful of games in the top grade for the Magpies, as well as playing SG Ball with the Penrith Panthers.
"Hopefully I can hit the top grade this year but it's going to be hard with a few Australian reps in my position," Scott said.
St George Illawarra has plenty of depth in the centres with the likes of internationals Mark Gasnier and Shaun Timmins on their books.
Scott has also played a handful of games in the back row and he admitted that could be where his future lies in the game.
If Scott makes the grade he will join the Hindmarsh brothers, Nathan and Ian from Robertson and former Moss Vale juniors Darren Mapp and Scott Geddes as Highland players currently in the NRL.

Spike

First Grade
[-( pffft! uppity dragon supporter :p . I just saw the article today which was published today in my daily newspaper footy search and thought I'd pass it on as it might be of some interest. I wasn't to know that it was old news.

Anonymous

Juniors
Spike said:
[-( pffft! uppity dragon supporter :p . I just saw the article today which was published today in my daily newspaper footy search and thought I'd pass it on as it might be of some interest. I wasn't to know that it was old news.
No no, you misunderstand me. Just clarifying the timing and spreading the word in the process. ;-)
Its a good news item and thanks for it.