What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
When asked why he was under the bed and 2 players were in a cupboard De Belin said they thought they’d were playing a game of blind man’s bluff
The under the bed claim really fascinates me.......can someone tell me how it became knowledge/ fact to the journos that he hid under a bed....reports that I heard was he rang a board member (C.Young) from home to inform him that he was at Vaughans joint and Young in turn reported it to police who told Debelin the fine was in the mail..so my question again is who said he was hiding under a bed....if he wasnt found on the premises how would anyone know.... I cant believe his mates would dob him in, and surely he wouldnt tell the cops where he was hiding.......I stand to be corrected but it sounds a beat up to me to add some xtra spice to this sorry saga.....and on the subject of DeBelin yes he did the wrong thing in attending the gathering no argument here, he was just as big an idiot as the rest of them......but to condemn the bloke in respect to hes been out of the game for over 2 years because of his past issues (of which he was not found guilty of) should really have Jack shit ( no pun intended) to do with this current issue...I realise the club stood by him in the past and he should have not got involved but for mine its a bit unfair to mention the two issues at this time....just my opinion

Last edited:
Culture Problem?

There’s nine other clubs underneath you that would kill for that kind of trouble.

Hopefully Mbye throws a party soon, no that anyone would turn up ….and the suspensions might just improve our game.

Support your lads lads. A bit of harmless fun.

Duftys still in the washing machine!

Imagine Hooks face when he got the news. He’s a bit of a lad at heart too, so he’ll be keeping a brave face for the nrl etc.

I can see him shaking his head, resigned to it, but having a sneaky laugh to himself.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
The under the bed claim really fascinates me.......can someone tell me how it became knowledge/ fact to the journos that he hid under a bed....reports that I heard was he rang a board member (C.Young) from home to inform him that he was at Vaughans joint and Young in turn reported it to police who told Debelin the fine was in the mail..so my question again is who said he was hiding under a bed....if he wasnt found on the premises how would anyone know.... I cant believe his mates would dob him in, and surely he wouldnt tell the cops where he was hiding.......I stand to be corrected but it sounds a beat up to me to add some xtra spice to this sorry saga.....and on the subject of DeBelin yes he did the wrong thing in attending the gathering no argument here, he was just as big an idiot as the rest of them......but to condemn the bloke in respect to hes been out of the game for over 2 years because of his past issues (of which he was not found guilty of) should really have Jack shit ( no pun intended) to do with this current issue...just my opinions
Matter of simple integrity for mine

In a situation like this anyone trying to lie, hide, conceal, misrepresent etc is of poor moral character and not worthy of pulling on the jumper.

My dear old dad always said if you f**k up and for sure you will just fess up, learn from it and move on with your head head up high.

Nit sure hiding under a bed or in a cupboard or legging it and shooting through and leaving your mates to deal with it ticks that box.

I wonder if anyone suggested that it was best to try and cover for JDB and as a result PV lied and becomes a scape goat for the cover up?

One can only hope that they all tell the truth to the club and everyone is responsible for their own shit.

Albert the snitch was not helping the club when he dobbed in jdb. No one had to know.

He thought he was back on the beat.

Pulled the old badge out of the cupboard, dusted it off, phone in the intel Albert, have jdb arrested, book him Albert, murder 1.

The arrest he should have made 40 year ago!

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Hey. The best thing about this is some of us- ex legend(in our lunchbox) and full blown dragons fans- have a serious chance of running out in our red V. I’m hitting the tackling bag and doing some running. Let’s go
Trouble is SP i think they’ll play in that other shit jersey and it wouldn’t suit you; so start hitting the bags in the week when we play at home.

redVbull

Juniors
Fines were apparently based on player earnings.
The breach is unacceptable and players must face consequences no issue. What sits uncomfortably is, over and above the Police charging and fining players, the employer (NRL) can come in over the top, and at its discretion whack tens of thousands more on each offender. Has the NRL been transparent about its fines policy? Surely if players knew they'd be risking 20,30,50k fines to attend a party no one in their right mind would have gone.

The breach is unacceptable and players must face consequences no issue. What sits uncomfortably is, over and above the Police charging and fining players, the employer (NRL) can come in over the top, and at its discretion whack tens of thousands more on each offender. Has the NRL been transparent about its fines policy? Surely if players knew they'd be risking 20,30,50k fines to attend a party no one in their right mind would have gone.
All our NRL players think alike.

The higher the danger, the more alluring the party.

Dragsters

First Grade
Thanks qld redvee. The following is not directed at you.

They're based on a complete overreaction from the NRL as usual. These are the same people who overreact to every little story in the media or opinions from the game's commentators and make knee-jerk changes to the game to appease said sources and it's f*cking up our game, it really is. I shouldn't really blame them, it's just a symptom of a sick, self righteous, attention seeking media and an equally sick, self righteous, attention seeking online public who no longer look at things rationally. Everything is now a target, an excuse to hit your key board and shoot that f**ka down. They want blood.
I mean, these men spent the day out on a footy field sweating and bleeding all over each other and 17 other guys, then hung around a cramped dressing shed and showers together then went on to a house and had a few drinks together. They broke a rule but who was put in danger ? No-one, not a single person was put in any danger. $305,000.00 in fines and 20 weeks worth of suspensions. Why ? Because " we " demand it, justice !!! It's Bullsh*t. I can't believe what the NRL has become and Australia for that matter. We used to have a sense of balance and a sense of humour. Not any more.

Well said Kitt66.

I had refrained from comment as the facts were still unclear.

Whilst I'm disapointed that this has happened and our club has to pay the price, I agree with your sentiments regarding the self-righteous media and outrageous reaction online.

While their actions were ill-considered as you say, no-one was put in danger.

But alas, it's happened, it's now been dealt with and the club can only just put it behind us, get on with the season as best as we possibly can with the available talent we have and hope its good enough to compete...

Bennet allegedly knew that Sam was flashing his old fella on the cam and he turned the other cheek. Result for his compassion is consistent finals appearances. Richo was solid too.

Webby needs to be reminded his job is to support the club and you ugly lot!

Hes gotta stand by the lads now and not throw them under the bed.

Everyone wants to eat them alive. No no no no no!