What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Gaygo

Juniors
How do we manage to get balance in the culture of a club in the NRL? We (the fans) worship these players and build them up as superstars from a young age, we laud them in the media, on television and in public; we make excuses for their indiscretions and we lead them to believe they are above normal expectations and standards. We confuse and conflate concepts such as manliness and responsibility and imply that we love them when they are larrikins, show-offs and when they thumb their nose at authority.
The media in particular and the footy TV shows are the worst perpetrators in allowing and promoting these double standards!
We need to rethink! It is clear that what makes a good person in the family, in a job, in a relationship is good values, it is not boring - it is what also makes a good professional footballer!!!
The only Superstars in this mess are the ones that had the sense to say no!

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
What ever happened to “one for all and all for one”

Vaughan bring strung out and thrown under the bus by his team mates who were less than “brave” in their actions in a time of crisis.

FFS is there not 1 player willing to stand up and say “we were all in this together and we all wilfully and knowingly did the exact opposite of what we all knew was the correct thing to do”

People in this forum talking about how great it is to see “all the boys” singing the team song together well they are certainly aren’t doing that now are they.

Yes it was Vaughan’s house what if they had it gone to De Belin’s would the suspensions be reversed?

For mine it doesn’t matter whose place they are all equally guilty and the gutless behaviour of others than Vaughan is simply unbelievable.

IMO if Vaughan copped extra simply because it was his house then that component should have been what everyone got as a minimum.

No “I’m Spartacus” among this shameful lot.
OT, always like reading your posts. Re Vaughan, I think the fact that it is his 2nd offense has finished him.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
So….if these shit for brains players get fired, how long will it take for them to have another footy contract?

What ever happened to “one for all and all for one”

Vaughan bring strung out and thrown under the bus by his team mates who were less than “brave” in their actions in a time of crisis.

FFS is there not 1 player willing to stand up and say “we were all in this together and we all wilfully and knowingly did the exact opposite of what we all knew was the correct thing to do”

People in this forum talking about how great it is to see “all the boys” singing the team song together well they are certainly aren’t doing that now are they.

Yes it was Vaughan’s house what if they had it gone to De Belin’s would the suspensions be reversed?

For mine it doesn’t matter whose place they are all equally guilty and the gutless behaviour of others than Vaughan is simply unbelievable.

IMO if Vaughan copped extra simply because it was his house then that component should have been what everyone got as a minimum.

No “I’m Spartacus” among this shameful lot.
Some good points.

I think everyone was reluctant to dob in a mate, the players “code” put to the test.

But I agree Vaughny is being hung out to dry by the nrl. He should challenge it and argue parity.

They are all culpable.

They are not very experienced in miscreant behaviour. They should have parked well away, arrived quietly, blinds down, been quiet and all that and/or met up at a remote location etc.

Left phones at home, disabled gps, organised alibis, plausible denials or whatever.

The absence of these measures, suggests its really a case of ladism and juvenile delinquency as opposed to a massive conspiracy.

The club and fans had nil to do with it, so I don’t think you should suffer for the players naughty sojourn. I don’t see any value in suspensions when o think other measures may be more constructive and effective.

saint iggy

Juniors
Celtic FC have a new coach and I've been reading some fans reactions to his appointment.
Can you imagine this group coming back to training with someone like Ange Postecoglou in charge?

There's something badly wrong if players are contacting board members before the coaching staff.

TruSaint

Referee
The only positive is how the club has responded (so far). Forcing JDB to go to police, sacking Vaughan after second offense, and the statement from Webb was quite good. Now if they sack Norman and JDB I'll give them a gold star but I'm still impressed so far.

Agreed.

I am hoping the Club add fines / sanctions to JDB and Norman as well.

Old Timer

Coach
OT, always like reading your posts. Re Vaughan, I think the fact that it is his 2nd offense has finished him.
Thanks R D 1

Indeed you may well be correct but no excuse for the cowardice of his team mates who are all sitting dogo.

Not 1 has come out to assist a team mate by telling the truth and owning the situation and if the facts be known as my dear old dad would often say "you will only find out who your real friends are when the chips are down and the shits hitting the fan".

If I had of been there I would now be standing beside PV and saying in the slightly altered words of those great comics Laurel & Hardy "well this is a another fine mess "we've" gotten ourselves into"

BLM01

First Grade
Agreed.

I am hoping the Club add fines / sanctions to JDB and Norman as well.
Why?
JDB I can sort of understand as what the club has done for him
But why is Snoreman in this instance different to the other 11 or the players who also bolted.
NRL have fined him based on salary and record.
Not sure why the club needs to do more there.
We shall see!

Latest posts