What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

Overseas dragon

Juniors
next year 1 Sloan 2 fegai/ramsey 3 lomax 4 suli 5 ravalawa 6 amone / Sullivan 7 hunt I can see a few tries in that backline 8 blocker 9 Mac 10 burgess 11 sua 12 molo 13 de belin 14 sullivan/Ford 15 sims/ fui 16 moose 17 Kerr/ bird that sure looks a hell of a lot better .............

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I can see that you are not happy with the club, but Bennett left 10 years ago (so maybe time to move on), Demetriou was a coach here for a year or 2 (2016) and left to join the Broncos (or maybe to get away from Mary) and it was recommended that Hornby gain experience under a different system at a different club. All are or will be very good coaches apparently. The Dragons, no matter who coached them, were never going to win the premiership this year. Griffin is the coach for 2022, so until next year is a disaster I will support the players and coaches that we have. I wish the board would be more proactive, but I can't change them. I see green shoots for next year and remain hopeful for a strong showing from the team. You can only play with the cards you are dealt.
I hear ya mate. There are some green shoots and I am hopeful (as I always am like the idiot I am for next year). You are right as well, You can only play with the hand you were dealt. Well…we were dealt with 1 ace at least in Bennett, and we decided to trade him in for 2 jokers in McFlop and Chinless. Even though it was long ago I’m still cut up about this. No matter who coached them, we were never going to win in 2022. I agree. But if we just kept hold of Bennett, or didn’t put our faith in 2 rookie coaches and didn’t sign plodders year in and year out, we’d be in a much better position today.

Suli’s stats were pretty good. Some people are very hard to please. Big meters, tackle breaks, 2 try assists, 1 missed tackle, good final pass for 2 tries, 0 handling errors. Tough crowd in here sometimes
Correct. We could sign Justin Olam and some on here would focus on the negatives.
Firstly let’s wait for an official announcement re his signing and then let’s all actually get behind the guy and support him.
If not those complaining are more than happy to endorse Beale in the centre’s again.

denis preston

First Grade
So have we really signed Suli to 3 years…??

If not, someone break into the office and shred the contract before it gets posted to him FFS…

He’s been a disaster tonight…
Was there two Manly v Souths games last night? The game i saw he showed some skills we really need at the Dragons and he had a solid game in my eyes .

denis preston

First Grade
I hear ya mate. There are some green shoots and I am hopeful (as I always am like the idiot I am for next year). You are right as well, You can only play with the hand you were dealt. Well…we were dealt with 1 ace at least in Bennett, and we decided to trade him in for 2 jokers in McFlop and Chinless. Even though it was long ago I’m still cut up about this. No matter who coached them, we were never going to win in 2022. I agree. But if we just kept hold of Bennett, or didn’t put our faith in 2 rookie coaches and didn’t sign plodders year in and year out, we’d be in a much better position today.
We really need to move on from the past and support the current side , that's why they call us supporters and what we are meant to do rather than criticize everything the club does.Not saying it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination but i'd rather follow the Dragons with a positive mind frame , i think it's healthier that way.

st.phil

Bench
So have we really signed Suli to 3 years…??

If not, someone break into the office and shred the contract before it gets posted to him FFS…

He’s been a disaster tonight…
Ya gotta love a mid game comment that flops hard eh… yeah couple mis reads but he’s there most dangerous ball runner and will be a great addition to the team. Has had no consistent footy but anyone bar the rare breed of dragons negativity can see the talent

Ya gotta love a mid game comment that flops hard eh… yeah couple mid reads but he’s there most dangerous ball runner and will be a great addition to the team
“Their” most dangerous ball runner????

Playing his final game for a club happy to see him go elsewhere

A guy who only made the team when another guy picked ahead of him got injured..

Playing in a team alongside TOM TRBOJEVIC ..

But according to you he’s “most dangerous ball runner”..

Hmmmm…

Trifili13

Juniors
I know Suli can be lazy at times and Dessie obviously knows his players better than anyone else, but for the life of me I can't see why he plays Parker and Harper in front of Suli. Suli is damaging, the other 2 are average and would be lucky to make a break, even against us.

jeffdragon

Bench
I know Suli can be lazy at times and Dessie obviously knows his players better than anyone else, but for the life of me I can't see why he plays Parker and Harper in front of Suli. Suli is damaging, the other 2 are average and would be lucky to make a break, even against us.
Harper has been ok but in the finals not up to it.
Suli has defence problems but at saints we ate used to that.

jeffdragon

Bench
If we kept Bennett he wouldn't have stuffed up at Newcastle.
Couldn't help the knights.

Think the answer is in your first sentence.

Laziness is an attitude problem. I’d rather have a team of decent players with fantastic attitudes than a team of gifted players with average attitudes.

Suli has a gift with size and strength. How he maximised that is up to him. But so far it’s been an issue for mine, and concerning if he’s coming to us.

Moving on Dufty Vaughan n Norman has gone a long way to removing poor attitudes at our club - a positive thing for me. I think signing Suli is a gamble. It may pay off but for the Manly club who gave him a lifeline - it didn’t seem to.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We really need to move on from the past and support the current side , that's why they call us supporters and what we are meant to do rather than criticize everything the club does.Not saying it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination but i'd rather follow the Dragons with a positive mind frame , i think it's healthier that way.
A bit hard to be positive when you’re waiting for your team to pull their finger out and get their shit together. Then year after year they offer mediocrity and pea heart performances. But us supporters aren’t allowed to criticise.

We’ve all been guilty of going off early so that’s all cool.

But what exactly happened in the first half that made you think he’d been a disaster?
Loaded question that….

The blatant one of course was the defensive howler on his own line under pressure. That alone took the bunnies from a good to an unassailable lead.

The no try for him taking out Reynolds was debatable being disastrous but if you’re running a line knowing you’re not taking the ball, ffs do what you can to avoid the defence who are right in your field of vision, run at the “right shoulder”, or at least look like you are if they are crowded in. Dont just steamroll your way into em like he did. He’s a big guy and can’t expect him to step like Fred Astaire but In the modern game that’s only going put any try scored under a huge question mark. Debatable is was all him, but it cost em a try.

Nothing else outrageous but that’s a collective -10 point result when there was still a contest.

Anything he did that was great in the first half? Or even good? no drops balls perhaps..

Second half he racked up some meters in hit ups… and when the bunnies had the game sewn up he was put through a few holes which led to tries. further improving his “metres stats”So without the pressure, he did ok enough.

Disastrous?

Might have been a strong term to use and plenty have played worse. But it was far from great. People can look at that last ten minutes for positives, good for them.

Personally it was a display that doesn’t change my mind that a 3 year contract for him is anything but a gamble.

I’m sure that opinion doesn’t satisfy your loaded question but that’s my view.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
I can see that you are not happy with the club, but Bennett left 10 years ago (so maybe time to move on), Demetriou was a coach here for a year or 2 (2016) and left to join the Broncos (or maybe to get away from Mary) and it was recommended that Hornby gain experience under a different system at a different club. All are or will be very good coaches apparently. The Dragons, no matter who coached them, were never going to win the premiership this year. Griffin is the coach for 2022, so until next year is a disaster I will support the players and coaches that we have. I wish the board would be more proactive, but I can't change them. I see green shoots for next year and remain hopeful for a strong showing from the team. You can only play with the cards you are dealt.
No doubt Suli is a damaging ball runner & will bring much needed strike to the left edge. But he is suspect in defence, I might be wrong but I think Amone also defends on the left? Griffin will need to ensure they get the defensive reads right or it’ll be a real weakness. At least the turnstile Norman has gone.

Suli has bounced out of the Tigers & now Manly which does indicate some attitude issues or at least being high maintenance. My concern is; Is Griffin the right coach to get the best out of Suli?

Latest posts