What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

Yow

Juniors
In the 1st half Foran drifted across field Suli came inside on the fly and Foran dummies to him i wish he gave him the ball because i think he would have skittled the defence. Some of the knockers might of had a different opinion of him but we will never know.

kit66

Bench
He finished the season well & was imo our best forward for the last month.

He ( Burns ) can run a good line and make the occasional line break but he can't be missing 3 or 4 tackles a game. Could learn to pass as well. Having said that, we need a new defensive coach and a whole new approach in that area. You can't compete missing as many tackles as we do and dropping the ball every second set. Doesn't matter who we buy, those areas need fixing, it's like it's part of Dragon's culture to be undisciplined and totally lacking in the basic skills.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
He can run a good line and make the occasional line break but he can't be missing 3 or 4 tackles a game. Could learn to pass as well. Having said that, we need a new defensive coach and a whole new approach in that area. You can't compete missing as many tackles as we do and dropping the ball every second set. Doesn't matter who we buy, those areas need fixing, it's like it's part of Dragon's culture to be undisciplined and totally lacking in the basic skills.
Great defence and not dropping the ball will win many games. The Panthers have really tightened up their defence in these finals matches and won their games doing so.

We have GOT to be better defenders and if the current defence coach cannot coach this into our players then get rid of him. It is no use being able to score 4 converted tries and let the opposition score 5 converted tries. Our try line should be a no go zone for the opposition - don't let them in.

Spazer

Juniors
His hit ups early in the set will be huge for us. Our back 5 are looking strong especially with suli, rav and feagai taking the early hit ups out of our 20 getting us on the front foot we should see a bit more go-forward up the middle.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree that Suli should be given some breathing space considering that he has not yet even arrived at the Dragons - if and when there is an announcement that he has actually been signed .

The trouble here is that we tend to be highly critical of our CURRENT players so there’s absolutely no need to put the hex on any new signings that have yet to don the Big Red V .

And should he eventually find his way down to the ‘ gong , then I shall look forward to his size and bulk in our back line , in particular a destructive combination with Ravalawa with Lomax feeding him the ball .

Last edited:

Jim Dragons

Juniors
His hit ups early in the set will be huge for us. Our back 5 are looking strong especially with suli, rav and feagai taking the early hit ups out of our 20 getting us on the front foot we should see a bit more go-forward up the middle.
I like the sound of Rav-5 and Suli taking hit ups... but please someone tell the side that Lomax and Sloan are Ferrari's... we only get them out of the garage when it looks good... not to get smashed. Be interested to see how the Feagai x 2 build up over the off season... they also got man handled a bit more than l thought they would.

possm

Coach
I hope the rumours about Scott are not surfacing due to the failure of Millward to land Suli. Scott and Suli would be an ideal center pairing with Lomax moving to fullback until Sloan is ready.

BIG RIG

Juniors
I hope the rumours about Scott are not surfacing due to the failure of Millward to land Suli. Scott and Suli would be an ideal center pairing with Lomax moving to fullback until Sloan is ready.
Nah Suli is definitely coming - the Scott rumour was only seen on Facebook so could be entirely bs but if it is true Scott would just be depth

Gareth67

First Grade
Have to remember that Suli is still contracted to Manly for next year. If they are playing 'games' then we can't table a deal until Nov 1. They would have to agree to release him earlier if we are to announce it sooner than that.

Well that could certainly spell trouble . Why did the media nutters say that he has been signed to a 3 year deal at the Dragons ?

Surely our club must had had permission to negotiate with him and as you say D.S. the only way for that to have occurred is that the silvertails had agreed to an early release .

I hope that in this instance those same nutters have their mail correct - for once . 🤔

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Well that could certainly spell trouble . Why did the media nutters say that he has been signed to a 3 year deal at the Dragons ?

Surely our club must had had permission to negotiate with him and as you say D.S. the only way for that to have occurred is that the silvertails had agreed to an early release .

I hope that in this instance those same nutters have their mail correct - for once . 🤔
The nutters have been talking about the Suli deal for a month or 2. Surely those nutters couldn't ALL be wrong could they? Oh, wait maybe .......... 😄

Dragon David

First Grade

The nutters have been talking about the Suli deal for a month or 2. Surely those nutters couldn't ALL be wrong could they? Oh, wait maybe .......... 😄
Don't forget that we were linked with Suli a year or 2 ago if my memory serves me right and more or less at the last moment changed his mind. He has got both Garrick and Saab now in his ear probably saying don't go.

We have got to keep our options open and see who else is good, willing and wanting to join us - the key word is wanting. The people reporting that he has signed are just basing their stuff on rumour I'd say. The Club isn't going to say too much at this stage if at all.

But George Dragon and Big Rig are more confident than me about Suli coming to us. Dragonslayer advising that he still has another year to run on his contract means we cannot negotiate until 1 November. So I'm at a loss.

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't forget that we were linked with Suli a year or 2 ago if my memory serves me right and more or less at the last moment changed his mind. He has got both Garrick and Saab now in his ear probably saying don't go.

We have got to keep our options open and see who else is good, willing and wanting to join us - the key word is wanting. The people reporting that he has signed are just basing their stuff on rumour I'd say. The Club isn't going to say too much at this stage if at all.

But George Dragon and Big Rig are more confident than me about Suli coming to us. Dragonslayer advising that he still has another year to run on his contract means we cannot negotiate until 1 November. So I'm at a loss.

Knowing our luck that wonderfully gifted player - Some Day Noone , will finally find the ‘exit ‘ out of Sydney Airport to add some spark to our back line . 😳

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade

He has been given permission by Manly to negotiate now

Latest posts