What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team Vs Titans

BennyV

Referee
Currently he should definately be in our top 17 and 26 is the age they have reached there size, power and confidence. Matthews seem very powerful with good footwork and is not intimidated. If he plays reguarly IMO he will be awesome of the bench and may push for top 13. Au Mau was awesome today as well and needs to get credit when he is to balance the bagging he cops when he makes 1 or 2 defensive errors. If we can get all of our forwards playing at their peak at the same time we can give the comp a shake with just one big scary bastard no one wants to #uck with.

Currently, yes he deserves the spot (although personally I'd put Stockwell ahead of him). But if we want to truly compete next year...as in, week in and out for the full season...we need minimum 1, best case 2, decent props and 1 more edge backrower. In that case, Matthews waits in Cutters and bides his time.

jenninga

First Grade
Good to see us keep the intensity up for the full 80 min,but they were awfull.
Happy we went on with it in the 2nd half where we have gone to sleep at times lately.
The bloke who wore the 11 jumper did ok ,he didn't scew up in defence like usual,kudos to him whoever he is.

GT0007

Juniors
Happy we went on with it in the 2nd half where we have gone to sleep at times lately.
The bloke who wore the 11 jumper did ok ,he didn't scew up in defence like usual,kudos to him whoever he is.

Good on u mate that's the spirit! :D

TheRev

First Grade
Widdop was off today big time, I heard he got MOM and I have no clue why. His kicking game was terrible as was his passing game, defensively I thought he was great.
Yah I think commentators see Widdop through rose-coloured glasses, his amazing kicking game as they call it.. id say it fires at about 20% accuracy.. add in another 10% for Freaky Morris/Dugan/Flo efforts to save a dud kick with acrobatics, but Widdop has a tonne of improvement to do in both decision-making and kick accuracy.

Dont get me wrong, ive got plenty of time for him (and Benji is in the same boat), but Widdop puts us under a tremendous amount of pressure, but yes agreed his defence is good and I like that he runs at the line too.. I think a full pre-season is exactly what our halves combination needs.

GT0007

Juniors
Yah I think commentators see Widdop through rose-coloured glasses, his amazing kicking game as they call it.. id say it fires at about 20% accuracy.. add in another 10% for Freaky Morris/Dugan/Flo efforts to save a dud kick with acrobatics, but Widdop has a tonne of improvement to do in both decision-making and kick accuracy.

Dont get me wrong, ive got plenty of time for him (and Benji is in the same boat), but Widdop puts us under a tremendous amount of pressure, but yes agreed his defence is good and I like that he runs at the line too.. I think a full pre-season is exactly what our halves combination needs.

Summed it up well Rev

bottle

Coach

RUOKJ?
Sounding a little conciliatory there.
You running short on testosterone or something?

jenninga

First Grade
RUOKJ?
Sounding a little conciliatory there.
You running short on testosterone or something?

Had a laugh when AhMau was 2 metres from the line and ready to offload to someone who would have deadest scored and everyone was back waiting for the play the ball.It was the boy who cried wolf scenario where he never passes and this was the one which needed to be passed.

bottle

Coach
Had a laugh when AhMau was 2 metres from the line and ready to offload to someone who would have deadest scored and everyone was back waiting for the play the ball.It was the boy who cried wolf scenario where he never passes and this was the one which needed to be passed.

Lol, I thought of you the second I saw him do that.
What about when he passed in the line? I nearly fell over.
I was tempted to start a thread entitled 'Leeson passes the Ball!'
He had a big game on the weekend. I hope it's a sign of a coming of age and some consistency. Will be needed this week against the Donks.