What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to target million-dollar Titan as Hunt talks continue.

Dragon David

First Grade
Problem is all of the players he was referring to on his “list” have shown us “the bird” & gone elsewhere. Hook is now going through old programs trying to work out who to ring & who will take his call. We are a circus with lots of clowns !
There was the rumour of us signing Jack Murchie from the Warriors. It didn't happen as he has signed up with the Eels for 2 years.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Griffin is a poor man’s Wayne Bennett and Uncle Wayne has lost it according to the media this week - can’t land target signings anymore - so what hope are we with Griffin?
Move on from the Griffin mistake now before we waste anymore time. Won’t happen, we are locked into failure, right from the top of the organisation.

possm

Coach
Problem is all of the players he was referring to on his “list” have shown us “the bird” & gone elsewhere. Hook is now going through old programs trying to work out who to ring & who will take his call. We are a circus with lots of clowns !
I say call their bluff! Sack Griffin and see if Hunt really does ask for a release. Sing Hasler and tell him to get them fit, strong, and keen to win. he will do a grat job.

justadragon

Bench
After seeing Hunt's bomb that ended in a try by Ado Car, I just wonder why Griffin does not persist with this play using our wingers.
my thoughts are that I think Hunt was just trying to bomb it into the corner, Ado Carr's speed and read of the game turned that into a try, I dont think either Faegai or Ravalawa would have been able to do that, but here's hoping that they can next year :))maybe Sloane might have the skills to do that.

blacksafake

First Grade
my thoughts are that I think Hunt was just trying to bomb it into the corner, Ado Carr's speed and read of the game turned that into a try, I dont think either Faegai or Ravalawa would have been able to do that, but here's hoping that they can next year :))maybe Sloane might have the skills to do that.
There’s no doubt Ado Carr’s effort was responsible for the try but Benny did look his way before kicking towards his wing instead of just kicking for the sake of it.

Gareth67

First Grade
After seeing Hunt's bomb that ended in a try by Ado Car, I just wonder why Griffin does not persist with this play using our wingers.
There’s no harm in doing so possum , however whether or not they have the speed to go all the way is another matter .

Nevertheless it would be wonderful to see Griffin use them for that purpose , adding another dimension to our attack can only be beneficial for the team .

possm

Coach
There’s no harm in doing so possum , however whether or not they have the speed to go all the way is another matter .

Nevertheless it would be wonderful to see Griffin use them for that purpose , adding another dimension to our attack can only be beneficial for the team .
You're right however, there would be no harm is giving our outside backs extra sprint drills in the off-season in the hope of putting some of these match-winning tries off. Furthermore, if the wingers aren't fast enough, don't extend them, find wingers that are up to it.

How does a Club like the Dogs sign so many high-priced Australian players when we struggle just to retain Ben Hunt?

Old Timer

Coach
Watch the replay OT
Whether luck was involved who knows but he certainly sized it up before kicking.
No doubt what you say is correct and I was somewhat tongue in cheek but I think based on evidence of his kicking in all the games he had played for us that it was a dead set fluke that it came off.

Now if it had if been Cleary, Walker and some of the other well performed kickers I would say that the law of probability would be 40-50% of success and Hunt less than 5%.

Now if it was 40-20 kick that would be a different matter altogether.

Gareth67

First Grade
You're right however, there would be no harm is giving our outside backs extra sprint drills in the off-season in the hope of putting some of these match-winning tries off. Furthermore, if the wingers aren't fast enough, don't extend them, find wingers that are up to it.

How does a Club like the Dogs sign so many high-priced Australian players when we struggle just to retain Ben Hunt?
I agree possum , if it was me coaching it would be part and parcel for my players to be drilled and drilled consistently on those type of skills .

Perhaps they are , however for mine I would be seeking to maximise whatever skills our players have to the limit .

As for the Dogs being able to seemingly recruit better than the Dragons , I feel that there are other aspects at play , such as locality , chance of new club making the final series at years end and whether or not there is disenchantment attached to a perspective club and finally the coach .

They all come into play when a player of true quality decides whether or not to sign a contract .

Last edited:

Latest posts