What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons under Wayne Bennett

mameimo

Juniors
In my opinion, there have been a number of Dragon players who have experienced there best season under Wayne Bennett, including
  • Darius Boyd (origin, mistake-free fullback)
  • Brett Morris (leading try scorer, touted as a future origin player)
  • Beau Scott
  • Jamie Soward (Wayne has had a massive impact on Soward's play, leading point-scorer)
  • Ben Hornby (role as a half-back has improved)
  • Justin Poore (origin)
  • Dean Young
  • Michael Weyman (origin)
  • Ben Creagh (origin)
  • Neville Costigan (origin)
  • Dan Hunt (less mistake-prone)
  • Jon Green
  • Micky Paea
  • Trent Merrin (first season - done nothing wrong)

watatank

Coach
Strongly disagree with Dean Young, 2006 was his best season IMO.

Hornby (2006), Poore (2008) and to a lesser extent Scott (2008) are all arguable but have fair enough claims.

Costigan has played Origin before. He has found more consistency here though although I think he's a little overrated.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
In my opinion, there have been a number of Dragon players who have experienced there best season under Wayne Bennett, including
  • Darius Boyd (origin, mistake-free fullback)

He did knock on in the first half of today's game. But as Gus said, if Manu was running at you why would u be worried about looking at the ball.

WonderBoyd

Juniors
Has there been any players at all that have played worse under Wayne Bennets coaching?.

DB 1st try of the season at the 80th minute.

mameimo

Juniors
yeah i know costigan has played origin before, so has boyd. what i mean is that they have been rewarded with an orgin rep as a reward of there consistent form

mameimo

Juniors
Started watching rugby league only a couple rounds before Queensland's win in origin 3, so i wouldn't have known that much players. So it is highly unlikely that i watched Dean young play during 2006.

watatank

Coach
If Jeremy Smith didn't go down with injury so soon he'd be heading this list, IMO along with Weyman and Soward.

watatank

Coach
Started watching rugby league only a couple rounds before Queensland's win in origin 3, so i wouldn't have known that much players. So it is highly unlikely that i watched Dean young play during 2006.

fair enough but seeing where you're coming from makes this thread a bit of a farce if you're really only watching from last year. still a good idea for a thread though

mameimo

Juniors
fair enough but seeing where you're coming from makes this thread a bit of a farce if you're really only watching from last year. still a good idea for a thread though

Started watching from near the end of 2006, so if we don't count that year, i still watched from 2007 onwards, so thats nearly 3 years.

redvscotty

First Grade
He's made 9 mistakes in 14 games

Yeah, but you know what I meant. Hes far safer at full back than any other options at this end of the year.

People love to jump on players when they make a mistake. The thing is. At this stagem it's highly uncharacteristic, and often, has no bearing on the game (as we keep on winning).

Latest posts