What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Broncos Rd 3 2023

justadragon

Bench
This will be a huge step up from playing the Titans, for starters Reynolds wont allow us the luxury of having several shit kicks, their forwards are aiming up and the backs are playing off the back of that. They have lost Oates so that is a bonus for us. All I want is to keep the attitude up and have our juniors continue to build on yesterdays game. I dont know about Amone coming back into the side, not even as a 14, he needs more time in ressies and god knows where his head is still at. JDB needs to come into the side but I also think Kerr should remain, interesting selections this week.

Dragon David

First Grade
So who gets shafted for JDB’s return?
I think Hook has big raps on Toby Couchman and he should still be on the bench. Liddle, Musgrove and Kerr all accounted of themselves very well. The starting forwards against the Titans did their bit as well.
I suspect that JDB could be rested for another week and see what happens after the game against the Broncs to see if the side needs tweaking with the inclusion of JDB in the game against the Sharks the following week.

Old Timer

Coach
So who gets shafted for JDB’s return?
Nobody as you will probably see Couchman out due to head knock protocol

The following week will present the problem for selectors if all a fit but what a good problem it is to have.

All those that think Liddle should start need to take a chill pill as this young fellow has been plagued by injuries his entire career and shouldn’t be looked on as a 80 minute player.

His speed is an asset especially against tiring players so Hook got it right yesterday and people need to understand in the 1st 20 minutes we gifted them 2 soft tries and actually stunk up a couple of real chances of our own. We could have easily led them before Liddle came on.

Mybe did what he had to do quite well so for the moment leave well enough alone.

possm

Coach
Who will be dropped after such a great win? Well, it all depends on how players scrub up injury-wise. However, if all are fit and ready to play I'd be inclined to select the following team:

1. Sloan - needs to be at his best
2. Matt Feagai - if fit otherwise Max Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone - more solid than Sullivan
7. Hunt - Hook will always select him at halfback
8. F Molo
9. Sullivan
10. Lawrie
11. BBM
12. Su'A
13. Bird

14. Liddell
15. De Belin
16. Musgrave
17. Couchman

Yes, this team will have to step up again for this match.

HenryTatana

Juniors
The reason for my question was after reviewing the stats on NRL.com last night it showed 0 HIA's for the dragons and 1 for the Gold Coast.

Subsequent to all that there is an article on NRL.com re Couchmans debut and there is mention of the HIA. All appears good though. He could in fact be available, but knowing Hook he would consider it too much pressure on the young bloke in Brisbane.

My thoughts would be let him loose on Haas. If you're good enough you're old enough.

2010Dragons

Bench
Both Sullivan and bird are liabilities in the defensive line.
they both tried hard to make a miracle try. And both missed easy tackles which led to titans scoring.
I’m not sold on Sullivan as 5/8. Bad defensive reads, hopeless shallow bombs. However he has speed and produced a few good rubber kicks into the in goal for a repeat set.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Both Sullivan and bird are liabilities in the defensive line.
they both tried hard to make a miracle try. And both missed easy tackles which led to titans scoring.
I’m not sold on Sullivan as 5/8. Bad defensive reads, hopeless shallow bombs. However he has speed and produced a few good rubber kicks into the in goal for a repeat set.
Maybe, but very few young players arrive in FG as a finished product. I'm prepared to give Sullivan a few more games before I write him off. I hope Hook feels like me!

Latest posts