What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons V Manly game day.

BennyV

Referee
Another gutsy, gritty win. Incredible defensive display, hope we can keep it up against bigger packs. Good to see.

Attack still needs a LOT of work...halves seem disjointed, Farrell is abysmal, Mata'utia must be spewing he cant get a run.

On the other hand, our entire starting backrow played like monsters and Dugan was starting to get back to what makes him awesome.

Very well deserved win.

mickeylane

Bench
I'm so proud of the team tonite.. What a defensive effort.. Big efforts from Dugan, Frizzell, Merrin, Rein, Benji..

Note though Widdup and Benji just can't gel ..

Btw.. Manly are a team in trouble..

Dragon66

Juniors
Best defensive performance since 2011. Well done boys.

Definitely what won us the game tonight. But when they swing the ball wide and AhMau gets in the road and receives the ball,even with a three man overlap, that.s the end of the section.

Benji just seems to be trying too hard. Needs to relax and look for ball runners more often, than always trying to put on the miracle plays.

Overall plenty to be happy about but our attack is still crap.

mickeylane

Bench
Widdup Should be 7 and Benji the 6.. This is the problem .. Widdup can't b 2nd receiver .. He's way too structured to be playing outside Benji.. He Should be playing inside Benji and just shoveling the ball out to Benji.. Benji has a way better short kicking game and most prob a longer licking game.

I think it's worth trying

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Definitely what won us the game tonight. But when they swing the ball wide and AhMau gets in the road and receives the ball,even with a three man overlap, that.s the end of the section.

Benji just seems to be trying too hard. Needs to relax and look for ball runners more often, than always trying to put on the miracle plays.

Overall plenty to be happy about but our attack is still crap.

Benji needs to stop going for the winning play on every tackle. Widdop looked a little out of sorts. I still think they are both 5/8's who would both be playing better alongside a halfback with a strong kicking game. But the point is now moot, that's the halves pairing until the younger blokes step in.

I think we also would of looked much more dangerous with matatuia or Runciman instead of Farrell. He is too slow to be playing centre.

Considering how they were playing the first two rounds, we can't be too critical. Thy won, so let's enjoy.

saintjeff

Juniors
Great win thought in the first half we should have been more ahead.
Bar a couple of hairy moments We should have scored a couple more .
All the forwards were great,a few more decent passes and we could have scored 2 more.
We will stop the knights winning run next week .
Aitken is a gun

Widdup Should be 7 and Benji the 6.. This is the problem .. Widdup can't b 2nd receiver .. He's way too structured to be playing outside Benji.. He Should be playing inside Benji and just shoveling the ball out to Benji.. Benji has a way better short kicking game and most prob a longer licking game.

I think it's worth trying
yep you're all over it mick!

tumbidragon

First Grade
Wasn't pretty but we fought very hard for the 2. Made more difficult by our halves.
Wtf is going on with them, dead set cruelling us in most cases atm!

kit66

Bench
Good win off the back of excellent defence. Enthusiasm and line speed were top notch. Attack is still p*ss poor and could be a problem over the next few weeks if we can't improve. Forwards were all good and great to see Dugan improving with game fitness. Nightie MOM easy, best winger in the world.

Benji's efforts over the last three games are a litany of missed opportunities, poor options, bad defensive reads and simple errors. His kicking too could be better, as in round 1 against the Storm, where his kicking was pretty spot on.
He's capable of putting on some great plays but they are few and far between and to date he invariably brings them undone with the bad side of his game. I hope to chris he can get it together because you just know Mary will never drop him. He'd have to kill someone before he pulled on a Cutters jersey

mickeylane

Bench
Benji??? He was terrible.
Benjis kicking game was brilliant.. His general play was solid and his defence was very good.. I think people expect him to throw no look passes every time he touches the ball and to do double side steps.. Benjis game is now built on keeping pressure on opposing teams w smart kicks.. He pinned Manly in their in goal at least 4 times w his kicks not to mention 2 tackles to keep Brett Stuart in his in goal..

Look at the stats before we judge..

TheRev

First Grade
Dugans the main culprit, was atleast 4-5 errors (for a fullback), generally on 1st tackle with his inability to pass a ball half a metre.

Even the try was thrown miles behind Nighty... if Nighty wasnt a freak it would be straight over the sideline or Flo gets smashed into touch.

mickeylane

Bench
Btw I don't think Foran is a $1.2m a year player.. Far from it.. Not many players are worth a $1M a year.. He's def not one of them... cherry Evans on the other hand is a gun

Latest posts