What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Broncos to open 2018 NRL season

ViceVersa

Juniors
I just get the feeling he has second thoughts about the sea change... Benji probably told him how 'good' it is here. I hope he fits in and we get our money's worth.

JDHD

Juniors
I just get the feeling he has second thoughts about the sea change... Benji probably told him how 'good' it is here. I hope he fits in and we get our money's worth.

It doesn't matter what he thinks, he's signed a contract. Unless we release him, he's not going anywhere.

ViceVersa

Juniors
It doesn't matter what he thinks, he's signed a contract. Unless we release him, he's not going anywhere.

Yes I know, but the worst case scenario is he regrets leaving and his form tanks, and we're stuck with him. Releasing him paying 5x1.2mil is not an option and definately won't happen. It's crazy 'tin foil hat' thoughts, but situations like this don't surprise me in this industry...

JDHD

Juniors
Yes I know, but the worst case scenario is he regrets leaving and his form tanks, and we're stuck with him. Releasing him paying 5x1.2mil is not an option and definately won't happen. It's crazy 'tin foil hat' thoughts, but situations like this don't surprise me in this industry...

I would be astonished if the club hasn't put in clauses for poor performance and career-ending injuries. If they haven't, then they deserve to get screwed. You don't literally buy the $6 million man without protecting your own interests.

ViceVersa

Juniors
Ben Hunt is one of the best buys from St George that I've seen in a while. Overpaid or not whoever got him over the line did a great job. I would love to see the dragons come out and destroy the broncos round 1. It would be a great day for all of rugby league.

I agree mate. I hope he becomes our hero, but over the years we've seen it all... Just saying that nothing surprises me anymore and negativity seems to feel like 'the new normal' at times. Maybe it's the off season eating away at me, I miss talking actual footy already.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Most players leaving their club, especially to relocate interstate, would have mixed emotions and appear a bit apprehensive.

Once he is here and mixes with our guys, he will be sweet.

And the white beaches of Wollongong would have to beat hot old Brisbane!
I think he's going to love the Gong compared to Brissy. The media up there are ruthless and the pressure must be unreal.

Down in Wollongong he can relax a bit and focus on his footy. I'm sure initially, he's going to be the most scrutinised player in the NRL, but once that settles down he'll be right

blacksafake

First Grade
I think he's going to love the Gong compared to Brissy. The media up there are ruthless and the pressure must be unreal.

Down in Wollongong he can relax a bit and focus on his footy. I'm sure initially, he's going to be the most scrutinised player in the NRL, but once that settles down he'll be right
It’s just the fans he’ll have to worry about, especially on here :rolling_eyes:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I agree mate. I hope he becomes our hero, but over the years we've seen it all... Just saying that nothing surprises me anymore and negativity seems to feel like 'the new normal' at times. Maybe it's the off season eating away at me, I miss talking actual footy already.

Nah it's totally fair. It's easy to feel down when you've had a few rough seasons but I seriously think ben hunt is a good halfback. He was moved around a fair bit this year which was Bennett being a dog, but I think 2016 and 2015 he was in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp. I would of said Thurston, Cronk and arguably DCE, Shaun johnson were ahead of him. You guys are getting a great half. Sure he may be shaky at first like everybody is but I am of the belief he is a gamebreaker when he needs to be.

Latest posts