What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreamteam 2013

HankScorpio

Juniors
HKR: Smith, Berrigan
FRF: Merrin, G Burgess, JWH, Finucane
2RF: Rochow, Harris, Horo, Stockwell, Sue, Smith
HLF: A Reynolds, JT, Kelly, Widdop
CTR: Gordon, Loko, Fonua, Feki
WFB: Inglis, Slater, Moylan, Toutai, Don

First time player, seem to be going alright and winning most H2H. Thinking JT > John and JWH > S Burgess, swap Stockwell and S Burgess between the forwards and move Horo to reserves. Still need to get rid of Nathan Smith and get another gun WFB in.

HowHigh

Coach
I burnt through way too many trades already. I'll only have like 13-14 players max for round 12. I'll need to take a hit or 2 over origin to get a team of guns for the run home.
I'm only ranked 5k so I'm just learning from my mistakes.

hunters

Juniors
Yeah origin is a tough time. Been planning for weeks and will probably still not get a full team (please dont pick parker!). Anyway up to 311 now but burning through trades and always plummet in the last 10 rounds.

Apey

Staff member
Some of my league results are so damn lucky, beat Scouts this week with an 811 :cool:

tumbidragon

First Grade
How do you dual players rate NRL DT against News lmtd. SC? Since TDT is now becoming an online subscription service, it will really hinder me gathering info. for my SC side. I'm considering making the switcharoo to the DT and pissing of SC altogether next year. What's the info like in regards to the DT? e.g. do they have articles and segments like Tom Sangsta has over @ SC?

HankScorpio

Juniors
They have a buy, sell, hold section along with Q and A which is useful. No video which can be either good or bad depending on how useful you find it.

HowHigh

Coach
I probably enjoy DT a bit more than SC because the scoring is usually more consistent. There's decent enough info from 'The Lone Scout' which is just the DT equivalent of Sangsta I guess lol.

hunters

Juniors
How do you dual players rate NRL DT against News lmtd. SC? Since TDT is now becoming an online subscription service, it will really hinder me gathering info. for my SC side. I'm considering making the switcharoo to the DT and pissing of SC altogether next year. What's the info like in regards to the DT? e.g. do they have articles and segments like Tom Sangsta has over @ SC?

There is also a podcast released on thursday by 2 guys discussing the weekends results and buy / sell options. I've only recently tuned in but it seems quite good and breaks up the trip to work.

My team has gone backwards a touch. After the masterstroke of making inglis captain against the tigers I forgot to change back. Lost two of my leagues but still in the top 400 and in ok shape for the buy rounds.

Geohood

Bench
How did everyone go this week? Got 663.. very happy and am currently ranked around 1300 so I'll see where it propels me.

hunters

Juniors
Really don't want to look. A shade over 400 i think. Going to lose a bunch of spots this week.

HowHigh

Coach
I got 448 and moved from 4000 to 3000 rank. Pretty happy with that..only used 1 trade, was expecting to go backwards not improve rank.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
My 465 moved me into the top 1500 which is nice.

Only trade I need this week is Drinkwater to Benji to give me 17.

HowHigh

Coach
I want to bring Benji in but atm I've got Kelly, Hodkinson, Cherry Evans and Lui (who was the 1 trade I made last week)

hardbaby

Coach
I think I prefer DT over SC. DT has more varied scoring options and far more variables in price increase/decrease. The teams you play have less players in common. It's a tougher comp. I think their scoring needs to be adjusted a touch. Kicking metres score too highly. Attacking stats should be better rewarded. Wingers get shafted in DT. There are less dual position players which limits the number of forwards in your backline. The best thing is no Sangster. I have nothing against the guru but he does give away a lot of info that you should research yourself. He is a big factor in the uniformity of teams. Lone Scout on DT is featured far less heavily so it's more a thinking man's game.

stevesonthebay

Juniors
finally get rid of josh miller and bring in benji. now hayne injured will need another fullback. who is the best option barba, dugan, hurrel or maybe Ferguson. already have Inglis and gordon. not sure slater is worth it at the moment.