What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew Hutchison

John moz

Juniors
Stop buying reserved grade players and buy stars big issue with attracting players to our club.

Dragsters

First Grade
Seeing as though it was fairly obvious from last weeks presser that Dufty would not or could not be promoted to firsts and Mary's lack of intestinal fortitude to select Mann there again, then quinlans selection was his most obvious move.

TheRev

First Grade
Seeing as though it was fairly obvious from last weeks presser that Dufty would not or could not be promoted to firsts and Mary's lack of intestinal fortitude to select Mann there again, then quinlans selection was his most obvious move.
o Correct, it was either Mann or Quinlan, and I think Mary has decided to let Mann focus on left Centre/Wing for now, it doesnt do players any use to switch them around constantly whenever the team has a hole (ppl forget quickly, but Mann was more hated than Quinlan earlier this year).

o No doubt however, this will be Quinlans last opportunity, but 100% his form for the cutters (hes their best player) means it shouldnt be the surprise that he gets called up.. the only reason I was surprised was that it didnt happen a few weeks ago, I had assumed that Mary had officially given up on him.

o Dufty also will benefit from NSW Cup time, throwing him straight to 1st grade with the season on the line doesnt benefit anyone, you can see how hard its been for both Quinlan & Mann @fullback... let Dufty build some confidence and prove he can adapt to the size and speed of NSW Cup level, even if its briefly.. he isnt going to save our 2016 season with a few dashing runs... we have far bigger issues to deal with... with Dufty its about blooding & testing his readiness for 2017 and beyond.

The Rev as always your posts always make alot of sense as you like myself have a keen interest in how the Cutters and under 20's play.

The way they play is an indication they have alot of faith in their respective coaches with JD being who I always expected a total professional and Matty Head who I heard good things about and has proven he can turn the season around and they are playing like a very well drilled outfit.

Dufty has been given the oppurtunity and this is a big thing as he is such an important part of the under 20's and they have lost Garrick to injury and now Dufty and Thompson to the Cutters shows Heady has alot of faith in Pellow and kemp to fill the void.

Quinny has been very good this year he did have a shocker against the Warriors but who didn't he isn't the only play who has had a poor game actually many others have and not been dropped when they should have.

He is a great support player if only the forwards would actually look to off load and well imo they are trained not to.

Mary has first grade so robotised its not funny everything they do is robotic with no imagination and they are to afraid to try things and even the structured game has fallen apart with stupid mistakes and ill discipline.

If he doesn't allow them to play the game the way it should be played then he is a fool and shows how stupid and arrogant he is and Hornby and Young if they are part of this then they are no better.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mary has first grade so robotised its not funny everything they do is robotic with no imagination and they are to afraid to try things and even the structured game has fallen apart with stupid mistakes and ill discipline.

If he doesn't allow them to play the game the way it should be played then he is a fool and shows how stupid and arrogant he is and Hornby and Young if they are part of this then they are no better.

Coast this is exactly how it is .....

giboz71

First Grade
Hutch is the poster boy for everything we do wrong at the club.

Either we have no effective coaching ability to transition him from a promising junior to a solid first grader.

Or we put faith in the wrong juniors who were never really going places anyway (following in the footsteps of Evander Cummins, Beau Henry and Josh Drinkwater). Meanwhile, letting guys like Bird and Hastings go to shine for rival clubs.

Either way, it's just not goog enough. Heads need to roll in either the Coaching or Recruitment department. Preferably, both need to be cleaned out.

GKJ79

Juniors
Still can not believe we kept hutch and let bird go hutch to big and to slow.

Hutchison was not chased by any other clubs, if he had, or does in the future, he will be gone, and at least he has been given a run in first grade, more than bird ever got, go figure?

drago brelli

Bench
Yep, you're right.

He came from Manly.

So we suck at stealing other people's juniors as well.

Hooray.
In fact drinkwater is from the Central Coast. I watch a lot of the Cutters, usually McGregor is there as well. He sees Hutch play, hutch isn't quick but can defend has a good kicking game. He may end up at 13.He deserves a go in 1st grade, may be at 6

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Jesus , I'd take Hutch and Hastings if they were half of John's and Cartwright !!

Absolutely. I'd have Hutch at this point in time. His kicking game can't be worse than Widdops. Even if he is slow, if he was running forward it would be an improvement over our current halves.

BringTheNoise

Juniors

Coast this is exactly how it is .....

The saddest part is that under the reduced interchange players like Marshall and Dugan should be thriving in attack against tired defenders but they're hands are tied by this horrible structure that Mary persists with....

saintjeff

Juniors
Jesus , I'd take Hutch and Hastings if they were half of John's and Cartwright !!
Thats why hastings has been dropped too 20s cause he is so good
And Cartwright is johns and fittlers love child
He ran milford off a kick and fittler said it was a good play ,it was a penalty
Foul play and an not a good play ,but love child can do no wrong
He is a turnstile in defence