What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew to Chooks?

Belta

Juniors
Best of luck. Hopefully onwards and upwards for Drew. As a Dragons junior he looked promising. Injury struck at a most unfortunate time. Once injured the club went a different way. Just maybe they lost interest and faith in him? It definitely would of been nice for Drew to return as our backup and not the rorters backup, but maybe the Rorters will be a good thing for him. Id say they must see or believe Drew has potential. Have they saw something that Mary couldn’t? I guess like most things time will tell.

mickeylane

Bench
Well thats the end of the Rooster premiership reign if they are relying on Brock Lamb or Hutchinson to come close to replacing Cronk..Hutchinson is an ambling footballer at best...Ive seen milk turn quicker! But good luck to the kid for getting a contract...

Belta

Juniors
We currently have a better player in his position

True that. I agree we have moved forward since. But I felt he was easily dismissed. And although you cant keep them all we seemed to have highlighted him as a future player, then dropped him cold. If we could of offered a small deal he may have been a good backup last season, re Origin,, (and for a period) when the wheels for Hunt and then when Widdop got injured. Just my spin, good luck to him anyway. I think we are in good hands ATM, I’d say the club has no regrets.

DragonJ

Juniors
Na.. too slow for a half..but he did have a deft kicking and passing game. Roosters are welcome to him.

yeah, nah he was another of Widdop's victims. According to @TruSaint, probably yourself (I don't keep track of what everyone says, just general ideas when they are fanatical and very different from my own) Widdop and his running game should have excelled with Drew at halfback.

By my calculations the halves combinations with Widdop that failed to click were: Drinkinwater, Williams, Benji, McCrone, Hutchinson, JDB, Hunt.

McFooknuckle finally worked out what the common denominator was. I wonder how many blinders it will take Hunt and Norman for many posters to come to the realization McFooknuckle and the coaching staff have come to?

@True_Believer, @Old Timer and others will never accept it. The mere suggestion for @TruSaint is like holding a cross to a vampire but hopefully you and some of the less fanatical will accept it.

Old Timer

Coach
yeah, nah he was another of Widdop's victims. According to @TruSaint, probably yourself (I don't keep track of what everyone says, just general ideas when they are fanatical and very different from my own) Widdop and his running game should have excelled with Drew at halfback.

By my calculations the halves combinations with Widdop that failed to click were: Drinkinwater, Williams, Benji, McCrone, Hutchinson, JDB, Hunt.

McFooknuckle finally worked out what the common denominator was. I wonder how many blinders it will take Hunt and Norman for many posters to come to the realization McFooknuckle and the coaching staff have come to?

@True_Believer, @Old Timer and others will never accept it. The mere suggestion for @TruSaint is like holding a cross to a vampire but hopefully you and some of the less fanatical will accept it.
Stop using my quotes and come up with your own.
Whilst you are at it pray tell how many 1st grade games did Hutch actually play with Widdop to be so affected and maybe you would like to do that with Drinkwater as well and your utter stupidity in regards to Widdop is magnified by your inclusion of JDB in your list.

blacksafake

First Grade
Whilst you are at it pray tell how many 1st grade games did Hutch actually play with Widdop to be so affected and maybe you would like to do that with Drinkwater as well and your utter stupidity in regards to Widdop is magnified by your inclusion of JDB in your list.
Between Hutch & Drinkwater he probably played 1 game combined if that.

DragonJ

Juniors

Hutchinson, Drinkwater and Mann only partnered Widdop in the halves for a few games. Pray tell why that was if it wasn't because such halves combinations weren't so extraordinarily bad? Ditto for JDB and his one game. Williams lasted only a few more games. McCrone almost an entire season. Hunt a season and Benji almost 3 seasons. All those halves combinations sucked. Pray tell, what was the common denominator? Even McFooknuckle has worked it out. How about you?

BLM01

First Grade
Hutchinson, Drinkwater and Mann only partnered Widdop in the halves for a few games. Pray tell why that was if it wasn't because such halves combinations weren't so extraordinarily bad? Ditto for JDB and his one game. Williams lasted only a few more games. McCrone almost an entire season. Hunt a season and Benji almost 3 seasons. All those halves combinations sucked. Pray tell, what was the common denominator? Even McFooknuckle has worked it out. How about you?

Look..you obviously dont read, learn or comprehend. Drinkwater never played with Widdop.
I have said it before so comprehend that much please. Williams was dropped for poor form after a couple of games when Widdop 1st arrived. Mann isnt a 1st grade half nor is JDB. Hutchison was out of his depth at 20. None of those had or deserved time to determine if a partnership would work
I will give you an ageing washed up Benji, McCrone.. Hunt..well they combined pretty well last year
What you say is rubbish and has nothing to do with Widdop. It is the No.7's they chose with him.
That and our attack changed last year with a decent 7. But I know you cant help it all those trolls and agendas.......last response to you from me on this matter!
Next..

DragonJ

Juniors
Look..you obviously dont read, learn or comprehend. Drinkwater never played with Widdop.
I have said it before so comprehend that much please. Williams was dropped for poor form after a couple of games when Widdop 1st arrived. Mann isnt a 1st grade half nor is JDB. Hutchison was out of his depth at 20. None of those had or deserved time to determine if a partnership would work
I will give you an ageing washed up Benji, McCrone.. Hunt..well they combined pretty well last year
What you say is rubbish and has nothing to do with Widdop. It is the No.7's they chose with him.
That and our attack changed last year with a decent 7. But I know you cant help it all those trolls and agendas.......last response to you from me on this matter!
Next..
Why can't you understand this? You are obviously not an idiot and this isn't rocket science.

Widdop was a disaster with multiple halfbacks. Hutchinson wasn't ready, JDB, Mann, McCrone, Williams are rubbish (despite several years later all still being professionals), Benji was washed up (despite still being in first grade and having Bennett pick him up and give him a lot of game time after he left us). The excuse was always, "he needed an organizing halfback." Fine. I give you Hutchinson! No, now he wasn't ready at 20. I believe he was 21 when he played a few games with Widdop.

I'm just glad I won't have to suffer these ridiculous excuses anymore! Even the idiot McFooknuckle has worked out what the common denominator was. Time you got on board as well.

As for Hunt and Widdop combining quite well, well that's new to me. In the early part of the season when our forwards were running riot, both were good. As should be expected. In the middle and late part of the season Hunt was average and Widdop was terrible. The excuse was that he changed his hair colour...... Seriously! I know over the last 5 years we have grown accustomed to severely diminished returns but one finals victory off the back of a rampaging forward pack doesn't count as a successful year.

Latest posts