What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drink driving awareness

franklin2323

Immortal
Great stuff. Why is the not done every pre-season? Just before the xmas break is perfect. We get players on pay rises etc. Plenty of money & time to go out drinking this sort of stuff can't hurt to keep them safe.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Great stuff. Why is the not done every pre-season?

Because like average Joe in the street they should bloody well know better. It's not rocket science. Disappointed to learn that despite the perceived change in culture that some of the players still haven't quite got it yet. Perhaps panthers and leopards are related more than we think.

franklin2323

Immortal
Average joe's have parents to teach them. For the majority of players the club is like the Parents take a 15yo we sign move to the area. They then get their licence. I got the lecture from the olds don't speed blah blah. We take that role so as such we should do this sort of stuff as well as the feeding, housing etc. Also how many 22's earn 200k? Let alone have a huge amount of spare time to spend & gamble it.

Spitty

Juniors
Talk about turning negative publicity into positive publicity. Very smart. Just like Jennings free ticket parade, creative thinking turning the tables on bad publicity.

Black Majik

Juniors
Talk about turning negative publicity into positive publicity. Very smart. Just like Jennings free ticket parade, creative thinking turning the tables on bad publicity.
On 7, after the story, the two newreaders said (along the lines of) "a very important message, maybe other clubs will take their lead".

Gus has done so much with attitude. The positives just keep coming.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Whilst I'm pleased that a suitable message was given to the players, it is a shame that it took a negative incident to yet again remind everyone that this sort of thing is not on. Kinda sits neutral now by cancelling the positive work knowing that Gordon has been stood down because of an off-field indiscretion.

The pessimist in me tells me this lecture happened because of the incident. The optimist in me though tells me these lectures occur every year, this year they got publicity out of a negative.