What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drink Water at 7 next week?

hugzy

Juniors
I mean Hasler sign Inu and Perrett last year mid season when they need players in those positions.

Price needs to try the same thing but with a half or 5/8 but I realise that the cupboard is very bare indeed for recruiting anyone so I support giving rookies a go.

josh dugan boogan?

TheRev

Coach
The right time to bring in lots of youth was last year or pre-season, if we do it now it needs to be just 1 or 2, and the key will be getting the positioning right.

Having said that fans on here will be calling for the kids heads when they start making mistakes, they have a heap of catching up to do, Soward & Fien & Rein have heaps of 1st grade experience and combinations, King for example has literally had a handful of games, normally just short stints until recently.

Elias1983

Coach
The right time to bring in lots of youth was last year or pre-season, if we do it now it needs to be just 1 or 2, and the key will be getting the positioning right.

Having said that fans on here will be calling for the kids heads when they start making mistakes, they have a heap of catching up to do, Soward & Fien & Rein have heaps of 1st grade experience and combinations, King for example has literally had a handful of games, normally just short stints until recently.

These fans you speak of should understand that Rev and shouldn;t be expecting miracles.

King had a shit game yesterday but I wouldn;t be calling for his head, you can see that he will be very good for us in the long-term.

Craig93

Juniors
Personally i think fien is out playing soward at the moment and if either half is dropped to cutter sowards first on my the list.

Country Dragon

Juniors
My point is that we only need 1 or 2 changes to turn it around... The forwards are going good, the outside backs are good... Soward was nothing but a passenger yesterday.. This is the side we need next week, okay we might not win, but it will be a side building to something...

1 Beale
2 vidot
3 flo
4 coops (the back that needs to improve)
5 bmoz
6 drinkwater
7 king

Fein on the bench and only bring him on if needed..

That's it... We will be competing strongly in a couple of weeks

The Vidot/ Nightingale thing didn't & won't work. Vai Vai should be there if Stanley not available!

Rumour mill on making the nut website says soward has already been told he won't be resigned next year and it makes sense because he's playing like he's sooking just a rumour though.

Mr Red

First Grade
My point is that we only need 1 or 2 changes to turn it around... The forwards are going good, the outside backs are good... Soward was nothing but a passenger yesterday.. This is the side we need next week, okay we might not win, but it will be a side building to something...

1 Beale
2 vidot
3 flo
4 coops (the back that needs to improve)
5 bmoz
6 drinkwater
7 king

Fein on the bench and only bring him on if needed..

That's it... We will be competing strongly in a couple of weeks

a winger at fullback
a winger at centre
a half at five eighth
and a hooker at half..

now i get it - are you Pricey in disguise?

FlameThrower

Bench
That's another thing, how come all of this mid-season signings passed us by'? Carney going for peanuts, Perret, Inu, we got zippo/nada/zilch! I hate bagging my beloved Dragons, but it's starts and finishes with the Board, Doust and Co? Price as Rookie Coach has little sway, and is puppet to the Masters? Where are the noises from the former Club Greats? Where are the calls for change? At the moment, it's still being kept in house, but for how much longer? Sorry starting to waffle on.....

Twenty10

Juniors
Yep. Creagh was average by his standards last year and poor so far this year. He isn't hitting hard in defence and is getting bounced off tackles. Hasn't made a line break for a long time. And his offloads are erratic. Bif concern there.

100% agree. Creagh has been hopeless. Honestly, he doesn't try anything. So predictable and boring. No big hits, no agressive running (basically falls into every tackle). Poor option for captain because he's hasn't had an inspirational game for a number of years. Reminds me of Trent Waterhouse... Fading away fast.

He needs a very very big game very soon.

gypsy

Bench
I agree Fien was ok last night, but there are some fundamental flaws with him in the 7 role.
His kicking relies on good fortune, particularly his short kicking game. He doesn't kick the ball end over end, nor with any control. Watch someone like Cronk for an example of control. I get the feeling he couldn't put two kicks in the same area.
Even one kick of his, which resulted in a repeat set, he absolutely drilled and it was pure luck it didn't go dead.

His passing game is one dimensional - a flat crash ball which results in
a try (Young try in GF), or way more commonly a knock on, forward pass or the receiver getting hammered.

His running game isn't great, being smallish and slowish.
As mentioned, you can't knock his effort, but he's just not the answer for a backline containing one genuine strike player (and a foward pack containing one ball player).

What irks me most is Price could have put Drinkwater in Round 1, with no pressure on him. We weren't given a chance by anyone in Melbourne. Now the kid is likely going to debut with
an expectation of being our messiah.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
There's no easy way out. There's no short cuts home.

From the Rocky 4 soundtrack.

Can we just make this season a montage and compress it in to 90 seconds of shit?

We are shot.

TheRev

Coach
Yep no easy outs from here... we had some mojo early 2012, but its been knocked out of the players now, someone has to rebuild their confidence gradually, its not price, it has to be someone who comes in with a new gameplan and get them to believe in it.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Well at least I am willing to try something... Happy to see vai vai in centres but I don't care what people say about fein, he wasn't that good on Sunday... The kick he put In for Morris's try, well Morris almost broke his back diving for that... King to me looks a 7.... We aren't signing anyone so we have to manufacture a team.. Fein is not our long term option king could be..

Mr Red

First Grade
100% agree. Creagh has been hopeless. Honestly, he doesn't try anything. So predictable and boring. No big hits, no agressive running (basically falls into every tackle). Poor option for captain because he's hasn't had an inspirational game for a number of years. Reminds me of Trent Waterhouse... Fading away fast.

i would be tempted to throw Creagh into starting prop for a few weeks purely to get his involvement back up to the levels it needs to be.
make him do some hard yards up the middle. his footwork around the rucks would also be helpful.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
i would be tempted to throw Creagh into starting prop for a few weeks purely to get his involvement back up to the levels it needs to be.
make him do some hard yards up the middle. his footwork around the rucks would also be helpful.

He should be playing lock.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Well at least I am willing to try something... Happy to see vai vai in centres but I don't care what people say about fein, he wasn't that good on Sunday... The kick he put In for Morris's try, well Morris almost broke his back diving for that... King to me looks a 7.... We aren't signing anyone so we have to manufacture a team.. Fein is not our long term option king could be..

Well put.

Won't happen with the current bloke in charge.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Completely agree that creagh needs to just play up the middle for a while... Let frizzel take the edge, he can run gaps and looks stronger..

But either way we can win gems with most combos, we just need to change our halves, okay we might not win the comp but at least we will compete

blacksafake

First Grade

If he was running off cronk like hoffman does or any number of other halves i think it would be a different story.He along with the rest of the forwards are getting very poor service from players with no vision & as such we are easily read in defence.Our halves can't/won't run to the line for the backrowers to run into the holes.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
If he was running off cronk like hoffman does or any number of other halves i think it would be a different story.He along with the rest of the forwards are getting very poor service from players with no vision & as such we are easily read in defence.Our halves can't/won't run to the line for the backrowers to run into the holes.

Spot on

Latest posts