What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop Manu

brook

First Grade
He had a shocker on the weekend and while he's far from the only one he is the only one who we already know is definantly not going to be there next week...The way I see it we'd be better off giving Lima (who is in fine form now he's learnt how to hold onto the ball) a run - look after our future before those that are already on the way out

oro

Juniors
Hi Brook

I found the site and I agree with what you said. Manu should be in Premier League and Lima and Heigh...... must be considered for selection.

brook

First Grade
yeah heignington has been going very well too - i only mentioned lima ahead of him cause they are very similar style of players but to be honest chris has been more consistant through the year (although when lima is on song he's the best in the team)

oro

Juniors
Heighington and Lima can take the places of Galea and Manu. They have to be given an opportunity to stake a claim for positions in the top squad next year.

Did you see Luke Thompson play off the interchange? Made a good run in the second half and should be a big asset leading into the finals.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Guys i have to agree with everything u said there. Manu should be looking PL next week, considering h ejoins that club ...Souths next season, i actually thought he was playing for them now, he really did nothing to help us.

Heignington and Lima were 2 of the best in PL on saturday and do deserve ago ahead of Manu. I 've been impressed with both guys over the last month, if they dont get ago , at least Balmain can look forward to some good go forward.

brook

First Grade
oro said:
Did you see Luke Thompson play off the interchange? Made a good run in the second half and should be a big asset leading into the finals.

yeah I sure did - thomp didn't see as much ball as I would have liked because he can be bloody dangerous when he does but I thought he performed well for his debut game and I look forward to seeing him in the squad as we charge to the finals - I don't know what it is about him but he just seems to be impossible for opposition players to tackle despite the fact that he's not all that big.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Manu should be sacked and sent to Souths immediately!

Not only did he have a shocker of a game but he also gave Souths a penalty in the last 2mins of the match which gave Souths another set of 6 against us and of course we all know what happened after that set don't we.

Lima is very fired up at the moment and it wouldn't hurt (especially against the Broncos or Panthers) to use this to our advantage.

Heighnington was the best player on the park against Souths in PL and deserves a crack in first grade this week.

I suppose the main problem with both Lima and Heighnington is that if they do get promoted Balmain side will become weaker when we really need all our top blokes out on the park.

Also Viane will be back this week from his broken arm.

oro

Juniors
Yeah the club will be in a quandarry: promote two of your best and suffer in First Division.

Brett Kelly was another player who impressed. I'd like to see him given the opportunity to settle into the no 13 jumper as I believe this is his best position.

brook

First Grade
I really like kelly on the wing honestly, he's big and fast and has the ability to simply trample smaller opposition wingers - its certainly great to see him back in the side though because he's a class player

oro

Juniors
Manu is a koala! At least NBQ has a go. Manu has all the talent in the world but no heart.

simon says

First Grade
Funny.....a week ago everone was screaming for heads to roll cos we didnt sign Manu(not me).Now the consensus is to drop him to reggies. :D :D

He just hasnt done enough to warrant selection,and has been my biggest dissapointment of the year.I thought this kid would be star but i dont think he has it.

He should definitely be in reggies,there are lpenty going well enough,O Farrell,Lima,Heighnington to name a few.

B_Tiger

Juniors
I don't know if Lima is consistant enough for first grade. I could be wrong but in two season he has been very up and down. None the less, I tend to agree. Why not just give him a shot? He is a player in form and at least has potential. Continuing to play Manu on the bench doesn't do anything for us next season.

tigger

Juniors
brook said:
He had a shocker on the weekend and while he's far from the only one he is the only one who we already know is definantly not going to be there next week...The way I see it we'd be better off giving Lima (who is in fine form now he's learnt how to hold onto the ball) a run - look after our future before those that are already on the way out

GGGRRRRRRRRRRR...... get your filthy Wastes hands off our good players, we want to go through the semis all the way to winning the GF & you are trying to steal our players :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brook, Fair Dinkum, next your will be stating that Balmain don't exist anymore :(

Scotty_Prince

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:

Not only did he have a shocker of a game but he also gave Souths a penalty in the last 2mins of the match which gave Souths another set of 6 against us and of course we all know what happened after that set don't we.

Even though I hate manu, I will stick up for him here and say it was big Steve Trindall who gave the penalty away. Watch the tape again - You Will See.

B_Tiger

Juniors
Scotty_Prince said:
Mighty Tiger said:

Even though I hate manu, I will stick up for him here and say it was big Steve Trindall who gave the penalty away. Watch the tape again - You Will See.

stupid steve is so god damn dumb. He gives away the stupidest penalties every match. Like just plain dumb mistakes that only someone with zero brain capacity would commit.

But, My god did he put on some performances for Balmain.

oro

Juniors
simon says said:
Funny.....a week ago everone was screaming for heads to roll cos we didnt sign Manu(not me).Now the consensus is to drop him to reggies. :D :D

He just hasnt done enough to warrant selection,and has been my biggest dissapointment of the year.I thought this kid would be star but i dont think he has it.

He should definitely be in reggies,there are lpenty going well enough,O Farrell,Lima,Heighnington to name a few.

The comment from a supporter that comes to mind is that "Manu is a beast". A beast for his Sheens and Simmons but that's about it. We'll never win a premiership retaining players such as Manu who don't put!