What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop Monaghan if he signs with rooters

RAID04

Juniors
I dont know about you guys but i really feel that if he signs with any other club he should be dropped to PL. We should not be giving experience to anyone who will play against us next year. We were stupid enough to give Finchy more experience in first grade when we knew that he was leaving.

I am a Raiders fan and I support anyone who plays for the Raiders. I do not support any player individually. For the good of the club, even if we are in with a chance of the eight we have to drop him if he signs for anyone else.

jed

First Grade
I disagree - he's currently contracted to us for the remainder of this season. If he doesn't want to continue that partnership in seasons future, that's his call, but he should not be penalised for making a decision to play for another side.

edabomb

First Grade
As long as we're still a shot at the 8 I'd keep him in. What happens if we made it to the GF, McLinden puts a chip in and Bulgarelli drops it over the line playing in Monaghans spot. It was different with Finch, because M_Monas was as good as he was. But dropping Monaghan would leave our backline desperately understrength

It depends when he signs.

If he signs in a few weeks, meh, oh well. I'd still like to see him keep playing.

If he pulled a Finch and signed at 12:01am on July 1, well........ :evil:

Anonymous

Juniors
Nah you missed my point.

What I should have said was drop Monaghan and Bulgarelli.

I could cope with:

2-Gaffa
3-Graham
4-Mogg
5-Robertson

edabomb

First Grade
McLinden to 5/8 and Carney to half?? Fair enough, but I'd still have Monaghan in.

Raider Azz

Bench
Although I do agree he should be dropped if he turns around and signs with another team at 12:01am..... I think he is too good a talent to NOT use. Also I'm just really liking Gafa at 5/8 at the moment, so maybe thats why.

Edwahu

Bench
If Monoghan says he is leaving for less money and is leaving because he feels that he cant progress with us, the Roosters have a better system blah, blah, blah then he should be punted straight away. Why should we help him develop further by giving him more game time when he thinks so little of the club and the system that got him to where he is. Finch at least had the excuse that the fans were supposed to hate his guts and that his dad had got the sack.

I still hope he might see the light and make the right decision.

edabomb

First Grade
Yea but Monaghan isn't really developing. Hes already an excellent first grader, our best outside back. Win at all costs IMO.

Edwahu

Bench
Thats the point, if he wants to insult the club and do our reputation damage by claiming he is going to the Roosters so he can "develop" further as a footballer then screw him. If he says he is going for big money I could probably handle him staying in the side.

f**k I hope he stays.

edabomb

First Grade
I just think in business you can't let personal feelings get in the way. If he is out there giving his best you've always gotta keep the best man for the job out there. Hes given us a year and a half awesome service which shouldn't be forgotten. The NRL is a calender year, not july 1 - june 30. If he gets dropped I'll be livid. I think we'll have to agree to disagree Ed

thickos

First Grade
If he goes, we need his strike power out wide to make a real dent against quality opposition for the remainder of the season. But every try he scored would make me :cry:

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree
if he signs else where then bring in PNG or Beau, start developing someone that wants part of our organisation

hrundi99

First Grade
Either way he has a contract for 2004, and we need to field our best team every week. He stays.

Latest posts