What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped Points

cucuboth

Juniors
Man. After todays win, if we'd held onto the leads we had against the Tigers and Rabbitohs, we'd now be on 14 points. In 3rd-5th spot (depending on points dif). And with the bye again next week, we'd jump to 16 points!

Still. We're playing pretty crap. Another game where we didn't score over 30 points. We haven't all year! I think we're probably one of the few teams that haven't so far.

But a good win today anyway. Maybe we should play ALL our games away this year!

nrlnrl

First Grade
That's true about games they should've won, but then plenty of other teams could say the same thing & the ladder would look very different. Also, that's why the "what if" teams don't make the top 4 or even the top 8.

Cryptic

Juniors
You're still upset we didn't score 30 points in a win? Honestly, wow... Like that's such a bad down side?

Cryptic

Juniors
If they are the only two we lose this year when we should have won I'll be happy and we will make the eight... Lets just hope that's the case...

mongoose

Coach
We won away games against the eels, warriors and dragons... games we probably didnt expect to win.

sydraider

First Grade
We almost lost the game against the broncos too, if it wasnt for the late try to Mccrone.

cucuboth

Juniors
Yes. I actualy do think that not scoring 30+ points in a game is an issue. It was a good win on Sunday, don't get wrong, and I'm proud of the team in ANY win ... but it also shows that we can't put teams away. We get to 22-24 points, and seem to fall into a hole in attack. 24 points isn't that many these days. And there's for-and-against, which might be important if we're any hope of fighting for a place in the bottom of the top 8. Plus, I think that racking up a big score against a team would be good for the teams confidence.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yep putting teams away is a real problem this year. In 08 we were doing that close to every match, 09 not as much but this year we are really struggling to rack up the 40+ scores.

Latest posts