What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Due a loss" or "Peaking too early".

legend

Coach
If the Dogs feel the need to lose a game, I think round 25 against the Raiders would be just the tonic...;-)

BranVan3000

Coach
It depends on how the team has been playing. I guess this thread relates to Souths were they've had a few easy wins, then yes I think a loss will be good for them as it will make them realise they have to play better. If a team has been beating top teams then no I don't think it is good for them as it can be as a result of fatigue from so many hard games. I still think it's always better to be winning than losing. What I found interesting with Souths as compared to the Bulldogs is the Dogs seem to be using a few trick plays e.g. kicking for Barba early in the count when attacking that I thought Des would have saved up for the finals. Souths on the other hand don't seem to have anything which may be because they're saving plays for the finals, or they might just have nothing.

Just off a few off handed comments I've caught from the training staff, I definitely think there are some plays being saved for finals football. We will see though. In our game against manly though, we just lacked intensity. Short turn around, worse attitude on Gameday than the Manly team

Grapple

Bench
For the dogs to not lose another game all year and take out the premiership, they'll need to equal the club record winning streak of 17 straight wins set by their illegal team in 2002.

History tells us that's quite a phenomenal feat, it's only been achieved once before in the dogs existence.

Cords are made to be broken, but if I were a dogs fan I'd probably feels more comfortable if they dropped a meaningless game in the last few rounds(let's say round 26 :sarcasm:)

I think if we don't get beaten by the red hot Tigers this weekend we just might get beaten by your lot. Anasta's last game, and the fact they came out firing last years final round and smashed Melbourne...... they'd probably like to do the same to Canterbury.

Danish

Referee
I think if we don't get beaten by the red hot Tigers this weekend we just might get beaten by your lot. Anasta's last game, and the fact they came out firing last years final round and smashed Melbourne...... they'd probably like to do the same to Canterbury.

Assuming you rest your 3 best players as well like the storm did you must just be...

.... Ah who am I kidding, we couldn't even beat a hayne-less eels, a Gallen-less sharks or a manly side with about 7 first graders out. You'll towel us up good