What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty to Fullback/Dugan to Centre

TomRedVRiver

Bench
First of all, a massive congratulations for Matty on his scintillating debut, we've all been waiting a long time for this.
Secondly, I think this move has to happen. Especially now that Aitken might be facing more time on the sidelines. It's Dugan's favoured right centre spot too.

I know it's only one game and we're all a bit excited, but I truly think it's Dufty's time, especially considering Dugan is leaving us next year. He needs some first grade experience before being thrown into the deep end next year.
In my opinion, we make this move... We make the finals for sure.

Thoughts?

getsmarty

Immortal
Yep..I reckon keep Matty in 1st grade. Offers everything we lack in the back-line, Speed;a great step and as Cooper Cronk alluded to in commentary keeps defenders on their toes.

FlameThrower

Bench
Yep..I reckon keep Matty in 1st grade. Offers everything we lack in the back-line, Speed;a great step and as Cooper Cronk alluded to in commentary keeps defenders on their toes.
Posted elsewhere that Cronk was glowing in his appraisal of Dufty. So he should see more game time rest if this year, could be perfect timing as he mixes things up and other sides won't have his number....yet.:thumbsup:

Bench
Dufty coulld have had three assists if Laffai held onto the ball. His try was typical of him, speed and more speed.
He wasn't tested in defence but what he brings to our attack is special. Gotta thank Millward in not giving into Dugan. Dufty is our future.
Millward needs to get Dufty signed up NOW. On a long term contract.

thebigredv

First Grade
I can happily find a place for both Dugan and Dufty in my team. We need to do what's right for 2018 not just this year. Mary must stick with Matt at the back. Please, Paul, Please.

Excellent debut

Must play going forward at full back for rest of season

Duges to right Centre

Adds everything we have lacked in attack:

Speed
acceleration
step
ball playing capacity

His attributes will provide room for his outside supports.

Has the ability to back up through the middle. When the forwards get an off load away to him, it will bring back memories of slippery morris !

epDragon62

First Grade
If Mary keeps Dufty at the back and uses Duges at centre we are a chance to trouble teams this year IMO. We won't win it all but we will be competitive deep into the comp.

Caveat: Dufty and the rest of the team stay fit.

Additional change: Love Nighty as much as anyone but put Mann on the wing and have Aitken on the bench, Mann knows the way to the line and has speed. Not to mention he is remarkably strong and keeps attackers up and likely to be pushed over the side line.

j0nesy

Bench
I was at the game and thought he played very well on debut. He was a yard quicker than any player out there and has explosive acceleration. Wasn't called on to do a lot in defence, but did comfortably take a decent torpedo bomb. Nice to see him jag a try at the end of the game. The kid has a lot of potential, let's hope the coach sticks with him and he kicks on.

Frank Facer

First Grade
First of all, a massive congratulations for Matty on his scintillating debut, we've all been waiting a long time for this.
Secondly, I think this move has to happen. Especially now that Aitken might be facing more time on the sidelines. It's Dugan's favoured right centre spot too.

I know it's only one game and we're all a bit excited, but I truly think it's Dufty's time, especially considering Dugan is leaving us next year. He needs some first grade experience before being thrown into the deep end next year.
In my opinion, we make this move... We make the finals for sure.

Thoughts?
I am wrapped in Dufty's debut. If I had to choose between Dufty and Dugan at fullback for next week, I would pick Dufty. Dugan is no lose for next year, we will have a better fullback, for a fraction of the price of Dugan. Myself and others have been calling for Dufty to be picked for much of the year and today he vindicated those calls.

Dufty adds another dimension to our attack. He has speed, he can set up players, provide try assists and he is a try scoring machine. I think he is our long term fullback.

I would definitely be moving Dugan to centre for the rest of the year and dropping Aikten.

Milward said that Dugan is a centre and that is where he will be playing the rest of his career. Millard was right and he was right not to offer Dugan the money that he was chasing. I am very happy that we did not resign Dugan for 700K or more, to play centre. I think Lomax will be one of our centres by the year 2019, possibly earlier. Dugan is no lose what so ever.

Life's Good

Coach
He's a keeper at FB for sure. Dugan to centre with Aitken, Mann, Nene, Nighty in a fight for what's left. Depending on the injury to Thompson(or if Frizz needs a rest) maybe Aitken goes to backrow??.

Bench
I noticed that Dufty wasn't to far away from some plays looking for an off-load. That is how fullbacks need to play these days.
Thanks for the service Dugan, his time as fullback is finishef

Latest posts