What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

barry

Juniors
Tigers not interested in Dugan or hayne

They are worried they will effect the clubs culture

Our only threat is the dogs

I'm tipping Dugan to stay

thebigredv

First Grade
Tigers not interested in Dugan or hayne

They are worried they will effect the clubs culture

Our only threat is the dogs

I'm tipping Dugan to stay

Interesting because how many years is it now and Dugan's been nothing but an ambassador for our club. Someone who always seem proud to be a Dragon. He's really grown on me of late, and although I think he is replaceable, I really concur with wanting him to stay in the red and white.

possm

Coach
Interesting because how many years is it now and Dugan's been nothing but an ambassador for our club. Someone who always seem proud to be a Dragon. He's really grown on me of late, and although I think he is replaceable, I really concur with wanting him to stay in the red and white.
Let's hope Millward can sign him up soon.

Bench
I would hope we get Dugan of course as well as Lafai and Mann, but I think Mann could be leaving, don't blame him if he goed

Bench
The NRL, players and clubs need to step in and solve this transfer disaster before next year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The NRL, players and clubs need to step in and solve this transfer disaster before next year.
i think we should include the player managers as well..

they seem like the kind of people who'd be logical, ethical and keen to stop this bullshit..

epDragon62

First Grade
Mann and Lafai are keepers IMO.

Both are providing value. Milne looks the goods but less certain.

Frank Facer

First Grade
There is a quite a few fans on this site who think that we should sign Dugan up for the 1 mil a season that it is being reported that he is asking. There are also quite a few people on this site who think that we should not pay Dugan 1 mil a season. It was reported tonight that no other NRL clubs are interested in signing Dugan for 1 mil a season and that if he doesn't sign with us, then his most likely destination is French Rugby, but I do not know if he has any offers on the table from any French Rugby clubs.

Personally I am in the no camp. I think the fact that no other NRL clubs are interested in paying Dugan 1 mil, means that his market value is not 1 mil a season. I also doubt that he really wants to go to France and play rugby. lol I like the 750K a season. Why should we be paying more than his market value. If he really does want to stay then, he should be signing with us for less money than he could get at other clubs. I think we have been over paying him for the last 3 years or so. He should be happy that he was on 850K a season.

I had the option of having a poll, but clicked on the post button just as I saw the Poll window. If anyone knows how to add the poll to this thread, could you please do so.

GC Dragon

Juniors
The situation with Dugan is he was payed overs 4 years ago believed to be 850k . Since then he has become a Origin and now Test player . He has also been easily our best and most consistent player over the last 3 years .

Now Millward in his wisdom has decided he is a club centre not a fullback ( absolute bullshit ) so he has asked a current Test player to take a pay cut which is a insult . No other club would insult there Test players like that . So I am guessing Dugan is feeling a touch insulted by the fact he has busted his arse in a club with average management , coaching staff and until this year a ordinary playing roster .

And now with the cap increase and the Dragons on the up he of all the players deserves to be treated with a touch more respect . I have no doubt no other club will pay him 1 mill . And I don't believe it will take that figure to keep him a Dragon . I believe a offer of around what he is on now or a touch more for maybe 4 years like Widdop would keep him . But to lose him for the sake of 100 or 150k is insane .

He may not be worth that to other clubs but he is to our club . Everything about Dugan typifies what is great about our club . And finally everybody at the club has been banging on about our " Power game " Well he suits that to a tee . He is the most powerful fullback in attack and defence playing .

Latest posts