What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

Emu01

Juniors
I'm just trying to put it into perspective.

If he played so well why was everyone calling for Dufty to replace him?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
He wasn't to good,from memory he only scored one try last year(I could be wrong stand to be corrected).

He definitely was not playing great and people on here were doubting him.

We bought Paul Vaughn he got us going forward and on the back of that Josh played a lot better..

My point is I'd rather two good front rowers than a fullback that can be hot and cold.

Blacksafake just go back through the forum and you will see people were calling for Dufty to start the season in front of Dugan.

Darius Boyd only scored 1 try for us in 2009. People on here were bagging him too.

The issue wasn't Boyd's form, nor has it been Dugan's. Mainly it's that there is a large section of fans who haven't got a f***in clue what they're talking about.

Emu01

Juniors
Some fans on here said he couldn't even pass the ball last season.

I'm only quoting what everyone has said on here.

Emu01

Juniors
Darius Boyd only scored 1 try for us in 2009. People on here were bagging him too.

The issue wasn't Boyd's form, nor has it been Dugan's. Mainly it's that there is a large section of fans who haven't got a f***in clue what they're talking about.

As long as we signed Widdop,we can let josh go. Can't keep them all mate.

possm

Coach
Look if Field is ready for first grade by the end of this year, happy to have him aboard. If he's not ready, he will the team down, not a good result for anyone except the opposition.

Dufty like Quinlan is playing well in reserve grade. Scoring tries and setting players up, line breaks, great in attack. But his defence let's him down. Field is playing five-eighth in reserve grade and playing well too. I'm sure there is a plan to progress Field but unsure what is to become of Dufty. I suppose best to ask Millward.

No matter what, fullback is a spine position and a very important cog in the wheel in attack and defence. We need a top line first grader to fill the first grade fullback position.

slippery5

Juniors
Jed bogan has no loyalty,he's a mercenary, I thought you guys would have figured it out by now,Heck he would of been a donkey if it wasn't for a raiders fan goading him on social media,then he went the next highest bidder.Once a houso always a houso.
Don't forget, he did ditch us first when he got a better deal with the Broncos.
Plenty of "Housos" have improved there living conditions !!!!!

slippery5

Juniors
Where did u get that info from slippery6 that he has rejected the offer
Sorry for late reply, but there is a couple of reasons why, firstly, ask yourself how you would have reacted to the comments by management about your playing future ? & secondly, money.
There has been plenty of links now backing up my absolute trusted "source".
Only a last minute change of mind during cooling off will alter it.

People are calling for Dufty...he is not ready yet. Dugan is a seasoned Rep player and people want to replace him with a rookie..Really? Makes no sense to me.
Its not just wanting to replace Dugan its about possibly having to and not by choice.

Josh wants more money then imo he is worth and the club should not budge on what they are offering him at the exspense of completely f**king the cap again.

Its simple if he wants more then he can go search for it elsewhere.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Sorry for late reply, but there is a couple of reasons why, firstly, ask yourself how you would have reacted to the comments by management about your playing future ? & secondly, money.
There has been plenty of links now backing up my absolute trusted "source".
Only a last minute change of mind during cooling off will alter it.

What links? The 5th Tackle? Sporting News? Twitter? A Bulldogs Facebook fan-page?

It's just gossip and speculation, no hard hitting media outlets have reported he's been signed by the Bulldogs, none whatsoever. Just people claiming to have information with no quotes, sources or anything to back up their claims.

Dugan himself played down the speculation and said that he is in talks with the Dragons to extend his contract.

slippery5

Juniors
Friz named Capt. I would have thought Duges if he was staying or even considering staying. If he wasn't looking like staying I get why Friz was picked.
Or am I reading to much into it ?
Unrelated, needed to be Friz, only surprise being, it's not Nighty.

slippery5

Juniors
T
Sorry, don't quite understand how he is a mess maker?
His job is to manage the cap which I think he is doing much more effectively than his predecessors
Tell me another club , where management have come out & said one of there star players is seen only in the bracket of another position.

getsmarty

Immortal
Its not just wanting to replace Dugan its about possibly having to and not by choice.

Josh wants more money then imo he is worth and the club should not budge on what they are offering him at the exspense of completely f**king the cap again.

Its simple if he wants more then he can go search for it elsewhere.

We paid overs for him last time. The Cap is going up and Allegedly our offer was lower than his last contract. Duges wants to stay so offer him what he is worth which would be at least equivalent to his previous contract or slightly higher. Maybe sweeten the deal by offering 3 to 4 years. I think Millward knows what he is doing. He will not pay massive overs for Josh and hopefully the 2 parties can meet somewhere in the middle.

Would love to see both Josh and Russell Packer remaining in Dragons colours.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
T

Tell me another club , where management have come out & said one of there star players is seen only in the bracket of another position.

You mean the whole "Dugan is a centre" argument?
Don't get me wrong I think Dugan's best position is fullback. No doubt. But just remember Dugan himself has been quoted in the past as saying he sees himself as a centre.