What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

Minh

First Grade
Just to be clear the club is asking questions about Gagai but it's not to replace Dugan it's to replace tim if he doesn't resign

Sounds logical, I mean our priority for centre should be Lafai but if that fails then Dane Gagai would be an ideal replacement............

Crush

Coach
I truly expect Dugan to rip in tomorrow and have a MASSIVE game tomorrow - even as far to say a MOM performance......
I agree Mickeylane, I reckon he will be frothing to rip in and show what he's got.
It's going to be a real tough game so we will need duges to be a beast at the back.
Cannot wait!

Old Timer

Coach
Dugan is at St George
Boyd is at the Broncos
Tedesco is wherever
They will all bring something different to their individual team.
What they bring to one team may not be exactly what they bring or is in fact needed by another team.
The game plan and the troops around you affect what it is you will do at and bring to that club.
What Dugan brings neither Boyd not Tedesco can bring, they in fact bring a different set of skills.
The skill set Dugan brings fits our team and will fit very comfortably with the halves pairing next year.
Stop all the clap trap and debate, just sign him up and let's go win a couple of premierships because I am confident with him at the back and the rest of the team we have assembled that's exactly what we can do.

Crush

Coach
Dugan is at St George
Boyd is at the Broncos
Tedesco is wherever
They will all bring something different to their individual team.
What they bring to one team may not be exactly what they bring or is in fact needed by another team.
The game plan and the troops around you affect what it is you will do at and bring to that club.
What Dugan brings neither Boyd not Tedesco can bring, they in fact bring a different set of skills.
The skill set Dugan brings fits our team and will fit very comfortably with the halves pairing next year.
Stop all the clap trap and debate, just sign him up and let's go win a couple of premierships because I am confident with him at the back and the rest of the team we have assembled that's exactly what we can do.
Excellent post and I completely agree.
My previous post was in relation to SaintHarry saying that Dugan was the best fullback in the nrl. Ive always thought Slater was the best fullback I have ever seen and Boyd these days is also very very good.
I agree though that Dugan has a unique skillset that suits our team and he should be retained if possible.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Mole has guessed Dugan to Bulldogs but admitted it's too early to say. They must REALLY be cleaning out that team to even consider.

mickeylane

Bench
Mole has guessed Dugan to Bulldogs but admitted it's too early to say. They must REALLY be cleaning out that team to even consider.
If DUGAN leaves it will be out of spite!! I'm certain he has the shits w Millwards attitude of pigeon holing him as a centre - I'm actually now pretty certain that if a club matches our offer of $750k and offer him the FB position over a 4 year deal - HE WILL WALK!!

getsmarty

Immortal
If DUGAN leaves it will be out of spite!! I'm certain he has the shits w Millwards attitude of pigeon holing him as a centre - I'm actually now pretty certain that if a club matches our offer of $750k and offer him the FB position over a 4 year deal - HE WILL WALK!!

Sad if True. I think Millward should have stated that he was worth X amount of dollars rather than the Centre/fullback scenario. In previous years we have paid massive overs for too many players and I think that putting a price on a player within our cap management is a sensible way to go.

Personally I hope we have a little wiggle room left to offer Dugan an upgraded price but not at the expense of losing players like Packer/Mann/Lafai etc. Its a juggling act and I think Millward is doing a good job. I have to say I will be pretty annoyed if Duges ends up at the Bulldogs or Roosters. We gave him a chance when no one else was left standing and surely that's got to count for something.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Dugan should stay loyal to the Dragons just via the fact that the Club was instrumental in resurrecting his life and career post Canberra.If the Dragons offer is in the ball park it is a "no brainer"for him to re-sign.

possm

Coach
Instead of signing all those juniors and Aitken, Millward should have tied up Dugan and moved on to Aitken and the juniors.

We have a real problem. We have a fist full of centres - some will be let go - and most of them are right centres:
Aitken, Dugan, Milne and a few in juniors/fringe.
Why would we be in the market to sign Gagai a right centre. I mean we are struggling to keep Lafai, Mann - left centres and Packer - prop. Surely our priority would be to sign Dugan, Lafai, Mann and Packer BEFORE even thinking about anyone else.

ALSGI

Bench
Like I said last week about Widdop, chill out everyone.

Duges will extend 4 years, as will Packer because both want to be Dragons and will take an offer for 4 years at this stage of their careers, on same or similar money. I think Duges will be Co Capt.

Mann and Lafai, not so sure? I think Millward will wait for clarifications in the Cap but they would have already chewed the fat.

possm

Coach
Because Field is untested in first grade, Gagai may be considered as a replacement for Dugan if Dugan moves on. I'm sure Gagai has played fullback in the past.

hewi

Bench
Watching Milne ar FB today if Duggan doesn't re-sign then he would be a very reasonably priced replacement IMO.

TruSaint

Referee
Like I said last week about Widdop, chill out everyone.

Duges will extend 4 years, as will Packer because both want to be Dragons and will take an offer for 4 years at this stage of their careers, on same or similar money. I think Duges will be Co Capt.

Hope u right mate... u sound confident

Latest posts