What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

BennyV

Referee
The need for ball playing fullbacks is partly because the role of centre has been changed. They are now more like another set of second rowers and there are not that many that set up their wingers. This is now the role of the fullback chiming into the back line.

I believe good ball running fullbacks still have a place if you have centres who play a more traditional role. This is what Lafai has started to do, Dugan has a unique skill set amongst the current crop of fullbacks, so why not use it.
The issue with this is that Aitken has been re-signed long term and seems to have the right centre wrapped up. He doesn't have the right skill set to compliment Duges ball running.

Other than that, I 100% agree. Back when Mary first moved Dugan to right centre, plenty of people on here argued that he fit best there because he scored more tries as a right centre, while completely ignoring all the attributes of his that we lost in playing Adam Quinlan at fullback. With skilful centres and creative coaching, playing Dugan at fullback can very easily fit our style.

Gareth67

First Grade
Read in today's Telegraph ( Dill Rothchilde's column ) that the Dragons are due to pay $800,000 of their debt to the NRL . Here's hoping that the Joint Venture has the money , otherwise we may need to have a quick whip around to help out .

He also mentioned that there is a delay with the negotiations between the NRL and Bruce Gordon . I was under the impression that he no longer wanted in ?

Whatever , may the Dragons do us all proud on Tuesday and bring home the Anzac Day trophy - Dragons by 2

Life's Good

Coach
Read in today's Telegraph ( Dill Rothchilde's column ) that the Dragons are due to pay $800,000 of their debt to the NRL . Here's hoping that the Joint Venture has the money , otherwise we may need to have a quick whip around to help out .

He also mentioned that there is a delay with the negotiations between the NRL and Bruce Gordon . I was under the impression that he no longer wanted in ?

Whatever , may the Dragons do us all proud on Tuesday and bring home the Anzac Day trophy - Dragons by 2
Typical Sh*tfield crap. No sources quoted just like in his other 'scoops'. The turd is just in a lather we are doing well.

Dragsters

First Grade
Back to The Dugan, i was at a christening today in Sydney's west, as was the Dugan himself. I let him know that I and many other Dragons fans would like to see him remain in the Mighty Red V.

He seemed keen to stay so I took that as a positive sign, but who knows hey, time will tell I guess.

Crush

Coach
I think the fact that dugan wants to play fullback and no other nrl team is really looking for a fullback may just keep him at the Dragons.

possm

Coach
It all depends how many dollars are left to spend under our cap. Millward indicated that he has been conservative in his considerations on where final cap figure will land. If he could easily sign Dugan, Packer, Lafai, and Mann, I'm sure he would. So it's a matter of choosing who to keep and who to let go.

Dugan's asking price might mean we lose Packer, Lafai and Mann. I say this because none of these players have been signed and as far as I am aware, none have been tabled an offer.

I'm not getting this Gagai thing. Gagai has to be more expensive than Lafai, I'm sure Newcastle would want to keep him and we have plenty of depth at right centre.

Millward has Field slotted in to replace Dugan at fullback. He has said he sees Dugan as a right centre and at the money he has offered Dugan, he obviously can accommodate Dugan and possibly Packer. This seems to me the most obvious plan albeit, Dugan to start the 2018 season as fullback, then moving to right centre if Field proves to be up to first grade standard.

I'd say Millward is thinking:
1. Field
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
with Packer keeping his spot in the forwards. Not in his plans are Lafai or Mann.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
It all depends how many dollars are left to spend under our cap. Millward indicated that he has been conservative in his considerations on where final cap figure will land. If he could easily sign Dugan, Packer, Lafai, and Mann, I'm sure he would. So it's a matter of choosing who to keep and who to let go.

Dugan's asking price might mean we lose Packer, Lafai and Mann. I say this because none of these players have been signed and as far as I am aware, none have been tabled an offer.

I'm not getting this Gagai thing. Gagai has to be more expensive than Lafai, I'm sure Newcastle would want to keep him and we have plenty of depth at right centre.

Millward has Field slotted in to replace Dugan at fullback. He has said he sees Dugan as a right centre and at the money he has offered Dugan, he obviously can accommodate Dugan and possibly Packer. This seems to me the most obvious plan albeit, Dugan to start the 2018 season as fullback, then moving to right centre if Field proves to be up to first grade standard.

I'd say Millward is thinking:
1. Field
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
with Packer keeping his spot in the forwards. Not in his plans are Lafai or Mann.

Millward is the recruitment manager, not the head coach.
Ultimately, Mary sees Dugan as a fullback and if Mary is re-signed then Millward's plan is completely irrelevant.

I would say this Gagai thing is cover, just in case Dugan decides to leave.

John moz

Juniors
Just shows tedesco signed for 800.000 to play in the team he always followed as a kid the roosters for less. And boyd for broncos 800.000 .Come on dugan fullback price is 800.000 sign with team you always followed before Anzac Game on Tuesday. Give us dragon supporters some extra good news

SaintHarry

Juniors
Just to be clear the club is asking questions about Gagai but it's not to replace Dugan it's to replace tim if he doesn't resign

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Just to be clear the club is asking questions about Gagai but it's not to replace Dugan it's to replace tim if he doesn't resign

Really? How does the club expect to have the money for Gagai AND Dugan?

He is currently on 600k a season and will want an upgrade. After the money we've spent for Hunt and Widdop, and with what Dugan is asking, how is it even possible to fit him in?

possm

Coach
Just shows tedesco signed for 800.000 to play in the team he always followed as a kid the roosters for less. And boyd for broncos 800.000 .Come on dugan fullback price is 800.000 sign with team you always followed before Anzac Game on Tuesday. Give us dragon supporters some extra good news
Your not counting the TPAs worth between 200k to 500k

Belta

Juniors
Really! Tedesco signs for 800k also Boyd but Dugan wants 1 mill, surely this can't be right, Surely Duges sees those two as class fullbacks and by this gauge 800k for himself would be a good offer...

possm

Coach
Really! Tedesco signs for 800k also Boyd but Dugan wants 1 mill, surely this can't be right, Surely Duges sees those two as class fullbacks and by this gauge 800k for himself would be a good offer...
Tedesco signed for 700k salary cap money but with TPA a reported 1.2m.
Boyd signed for 800k salary cap money but 1m with TPA.
Dugan wants 1m and the Dragons can't pay that out of their salary cap without letting key players, Packer, Lafai go. So where is our TPA?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Back to The Dugan, i was at a christening today in Sydney's west, as was the Dugan himself. I let him know that I and many other Dragons fans would like to see him remain in the Mighty Red V.

He seemed keen to stay so I took that as a positive sign, but who knows hey, time will tell I guess.

Hope the priest said a few extra 'Hail Marys'' for Dugan to stay with us.