What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

possm

Coach
Haynes' TPA is with TripADeal and TripADeal see the Gold Coast (team/region) as pivotal to their sponsorship/TPA support of Hayne. If he leaves the GC he can say goodbye to that.

Norm Black (Owner TripADeal) is/was however a Dragons supporter since he was a kid.......shame he isn't in the mining or steel business.
Maybe Hayne's manager can work something out with Mr Black or one of his associates. It would be in Hayne's manager's best interest to do so.

Hayne is on the outer at the Titans so this is a perfect situation for him and his manager. Also the Dragons not so long ago competed for Hayne's signature only to be beaten by the Titans who produced a TPA to seal the deal.

By the way, the Titans are one of the three clubs owned by the NRL and yet they were able to secure a legal TPA for Hayne.

Get off your asses Millward and Doust and make this happen. We need a like for like or better replacement for Dugan.

possm

Coach
I think Field is genuinely a long term fullback option if he can put on some weight over this season and in the off-season. With his speed and ball playing ability he could be anything playing at fullback and with the way that Millward is not going out of his way to find a fullback replacement, I would say that is his plan.

His height was never an issue, he's actually taller than Slater, Coote, Barba, Tedesco, Milford, C.Walker, Gordon and past players like Langer and Lockyer.
He's even taller than forwards like Paul Gallen.
Then kid just needs some more meat on his bones and we will never be talking about his size again.
You are right, Millward does have Field slotted as fullback for first grade in 2018. What I don't understand is, why is field playing 6 in reserve grade and Dufty playing fullback.

I think Millward is learning that you can't just slot some in a year or two in advance. As well as taking care of our juniors and looking towards the long term for them, his major task would have to be to ensure the current roster is up to standard and is the very best it can be under the cap.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
You have a very good fullback right under your nose and his name is Dufty also Field shows promise as a full back with a bit of weight these guys are nearly as good as pongia and Newcastle had to mortgage their leagues club to buy him

TomRedVRiver

Bench
You are right, Millward does have Field slotted as fullback for first grade in 2018. What I don't understand is, why is field playing 6 in reserve grade and Dufty playing fullback.

I think Millward is learning that you can't just slot some in a year or two in advance. As well as taking care of our juniors and looking towards the long term for them, his major task would have to be to ensure the current roster is up to standard and is the very best it can be under the cap.

I think it's because if you don't play Dufty at 1, you would have to release him or drop him to park footy. The Illawarra NSW Cup side have the luxury of selection headaches at the moment, so many possibilities to play certain players in certain positions.
Field has openly said that he has played a lot of Fullback in his career so it won't be foreign to him at all if he was asked to make the switch.
As much as I love Dufty as a player, I just think Field has his nose ahead of him if we're talking about potential. More speed, more ability with the ball in hand, better footwork and he's taller.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Would be ironic if Dugan ends up at the Dogs next year with Bmoz, seeing they supposedly couldn't stand each other.....
I don't believe anything from Hughes or Tunks mouth on 2SM "talkin Shit"

Gareth67

First Grade
Just could not imagine Duges swapping Wollongong Beach , that the Dragons use for their recovery sessions , for one of those dirty canals that they have down Canterbury way . Would he ? ?

slippery5

Juniors
He HAS signed, rejected counter offer from Dragons & just waiting for cooling off period to be announced.

Lets hope he gets that premiership ring this year, then we can start with the new breed next year...

possm

Coach
He HAS signed, rejected counter offer from Dragons & just waiting for cooling off period to be announced.

Lets hope he gets that premiership ring this year, then we can start with the new breed next year...
How do you know this, do you have a link?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The Dugan saga is reminding me about Leilua, how everyone reported he had signed with the Bulldogs, and how he would be fitting in to their team etc etc. I think Graeme Hughes actually stated on a broadcast game that Leilua was a done deal and would be playing for the Bulldogs the following year.

So, if Dugan wants to leave the fire breathing Dragons to become a filthy Dog, so be it. But I'm sure a few of our boys will be more than happy to greet him in their special way when they meet next year.

Let's hope these rumours are just shit stirring us, trying to unsettle the team as we are punching way above others expectations, and some don't like it!

Dragonslayer
Its not all over till its over.
But duges os the one we might loss more than any other guy of contract

SaintHarry

Juniors
Should that offer be correct , then Duges must now realise that he can not squeeze the Dragons for any more dollars , as that is it . The 4 years is also , imo ,a good term . It is still a year shy of what he originally wanted , but hey , there must be bit of give and take on both sides .

He needs to make his decision as quickly as possible , as this has been dragging on for just too long . Should he knock back the Dragons offer , well the club shall not only survive but move forward in years to come .

It would however, be tremendous if Josh was there also .

Apparently has signed with the bulldogs for 900k a season lol .. anyway I don't believe it but for f@&ks sake isn't the bulldogs moto born and bred ?? They should finish off by saying "born and bred at the dragons then bought by us "

Lewish33

Juniors
Well if he's signed and rejected dragons offer, the Dragons should withdraw it and announce it withdrawn.

Bench
Drums are beating on Facebook he has signed with the bullgrubs. Disappointed that he has signed with them. Another reason why I hate the grubs. Would love to see how they are going under their cap

Latest posts