What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan timeline

Saint or sinner

Juniors
I think we need to put a timeline on Dugan decision to stay or go...I think the club needs to know so they can retain other players that are off contract like Mann Milne packer and Lafai.because the longer his decision takes other clubs start circling our players and make it harder to retain them..imagine he waits another month then packer leaves Mann leaves Lafai leaves then Dugan decides to leave too.making us miss out on not one player but 3 or 4

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I wholeheartedly agree. Tell me when Dugan last won us a game. Millward has mishandled the negotiations. Forget about Dugan and sign up the rest. Dugan's Manager knows the longer the negotiations go on the higher the salary as Clubs become more desperate. If we hang out for Dugan the rest of the unsigned players
will fly from the nest.

FlameThrower

Bench
I tend to agree, but would be targeting Mann and Lafai as Packer is managed by the same Dugan/Widdop manager who has already shown he likes drag stuff out..
I love Dugan, but he stated before season start, he wanted this sorted. He stated last year he saw himself as a Centre...
So now we are in May, he has been injured twice and wants to be the Fullback and is working out the 'chinks'...still...

Club, can't just place all of the recruitment on hold because 1 player is holding up 3 or 4 key resigns.
It's become a mini circus ...

Coffs dragon

Bench
No one player is bigger than than the club. It's simple.....he either agrees or he goes!!! This has dragged out far too long & affects other player re-signings. The longer it goes I now feel will be the worse outcome......time is money and this has now wasted plenty of that.

mickeylane

Bench
Packer is not managed by Paul Sutton he's managed by George Mimis.. Nothing to do w one manager etc..

The club has offered Packer a 3 yr deal at $600k a season - tigers have offered 4 years at $700k plus!! There lies the problem.

Also now that Lolohea will be announced by Cowboys this week u can bet that Tigers go back in for Dugan as will the
Sharks
Titans
Bulldogs

Guys Dugan is gone and he's wasting our time trying to get our $$ up ..

I thinK the club will try and close On GAGAI if this Dugan saga drags out another week! I think Millward knows that FB options are diminishing quick the longer we wait... Even though GAGAI may not end up at FB but he may fill the right centre role that the club wanted DUGAN in next year on similar $$ offered to Dugan if not a little less.. Watch this space I say!

rasaint

Juniors
Good post Mickey Lane n others. However, no other club mentioned in Mickey's list will pay anywhere near $1 million for Duges. He is a good player at best $600 to $700k in today's market. Other teams know that he tends to stifle sweeping attack due to lack of high end speed ( all the elite fullbacks have this natural gift) and ball playing. I hope we don't retain him now.

Why? Too much water has gone under the bridge and neither Duges, club and even many fans now will be comfortable if he is retained. The club caves and tickles up more cash and guys on half Duges money are gone. Lafai maligned by some on the forum over the past year has been cutting up the opposition like a knife through butter, setting up his wingers. Is Josh brilliantly doing any of this? No just playing good games by running hard and front on tackling well.

Josh is trying to extract every last dollar and good on him. Every NRL player has a limited timeframe to earn $ in a very hard and tough environment of rugby league. However, won't win a comp with Josh at fullback.

Saintsified

Bench
No one player is bigger than than the club. It's simple.....he either agrees or he goes!!! This has dragged out far too long & affects other player re-signings. The longer it goes I now feel will be the worse outcome......time is money and this has now wasted plenty of that.
Doust thinks he is!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sounds like Duge's wants to stay but before he signs is trying to squeeze out as much cash out of the Dragons as possible before he commits and it will probably backfire. I feel as if he is being wrongly guided by his manager.

It could also be the length of the contract that is the issue or any clauses that Saints may have put in to account for his injury. Unfortunately you will never know. I think Saints are only offering 3 years and he wants 4. Anyone know the length of the contract.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Agree coffs.
If this drags on could distabilize the team.
I hope after fridays game that this can be sorted in the next couple of weeks

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

You would think with Dugan being off I injured, they could wrap this up pronto.
I can't see why it should drag on, all other contracts depend on the outcome of this one.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sounds like Duge's wants to stay but before he signs is trying to squeeze out as much cash out of the Dragons as possible before he commits and it will probably backfire. I feel as if he is being wrongly guided by his manager.

It could also be the length of the contract that is the issue or any clauses that Saints may have put in to account for his injury. Unfortunately you will never know. I think Saints are only offering 3 years and he wants 4. Anyone know the length of the contract.

Slippery
I think you are spot on.
Hopefully it will all be settled soon.
Duges manager is the problem.
Imo

Dugan will look like a greedy prick just like Rein and well all know how that turned out.

He isn't worth anything more then 800k and thats being generous.

The Dragons have 20 players off contract and really need to start sorting things out and if Dugan wants to keep drawing things out its your time is done.

Bench
Duges manager and Milward agreed that Packer would be done after Dugan.
That is a joke
Dugan wanted to have it settled a long time ago. That is the worst scenario for us.
How could Milward agree to that.

Duges manager and Milward agreed that Packer would be done after Dugan.
That is a joke
Dugan wanted to have it settled a long time ago. That is the worst scenario for us.
How could Milward agree to that.
Is that even true has it been mentioned somewhere maybe i missed it.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Is that even true has it been mentioned somewhere maybe i missed it.

Coast
Millward mention it himself.
On one of his undates.
That duges was to be settled first then packer and the others.
Millward sould really keep his mouth shut sometimes.
That is what people are referring to.

Drakon

Juniors
Coast
On one of his undates.
Millward was only letting us know what was going on. If he hadn't said that it was agreed that Packer would be sorted after Widdop and Duges can you imagine the further speculation and crap being thrown at management here?

Coast
On one of his undates.
No Dugan should pull his head in and make a decision.

Sorry but if he truly wants to stay he would have signed by now so imo he's either full of shit or his manager is being a wanker.

Also i don't see anyone beating his door down to sign him.

Latest posts