What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb team

Far Canal

Juniors
I've been one of the hardest critics of SK and I still beleives he has NFI about coaching a first grade team but geez some of the dumb football played last night cannot be attributable to him.

Case in point 1 - Allgood not playing the ball properly - that I believe changed the momentum of the game as Parra was leading and was taking the ball back after the Sio try

Case in point 2 - Allgood again, in the early minutes of the 2nd half - dropping the ball when playing the ball. Allgood needs to get this fixed.

Case in point 3 - Lumberjack Poore, Matuai and Roberts giving stupid penalties (all holding the player down) to allow the Dogs extra yardage and a new set of six.

EelsFan05

Bench
I've been one of the hardest critics of SK and I still beleives he has NFI about coaching a first grade team but geez some of the dumb football played last night cannot be attributable to him.

Case in point 1 - Allgood not playing the ball properly - that I believe changed the momentum of the game as Parra was leading and was taking the ball back after the Sio try

Case in point 2 - Allgood again, in the early minutes of the 2nd half - dropping the ball when playing the ball. Allgood needs to get this fixed.

Case in point 3 - Lumberjack Poore, Matuai and Roberts giving stupid penalties (all holding the player down) to allow the Dogs extra yardage and a new set of six.

I agree. The fact that the team can't overcome a penalty for an incorrect play the ball speaks for the mental weakness of this team.

bartman

Immortal
Fundamental play the ball errors can be coached/drilled out of players. Sure, they should just "know" at this level, but if they show they don't, then set the player a drill every day for a whole week so they remember to (for example) take a breath when they stand up from the tackle, using the slight pause to check they are facing the right direction, or holding the ball properly. Basic coaching solution!

The penalties? Have like a swear jar ("stupid penalty jar") in the training locker rooms, where penalised players have to contribute some of their hard earned each week. That might soon teach them to be a bit more careful and avoid the (sometimes random) wrath of the referees. I used to play hockey, and we had a simple rule that if you got sent off or sin-binned, you needed to turn up to the next game with the case of beer for afters. Fundamental coaching solutions again!

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Fundamental play the ball errors can be coached/drilled out of players.
lol

You're expecting an NRL coach to waste his time ensuring players face the right way when playing the ball? Gimmee a break.

Most training is limited contact anyway, so no drill is going to help a bloke orientate himself after he just got smashed.

I agree- but training really shouldn't be working on the basics. I still have no idea what the players do at training

But yes we are a dumb team

bartman

Immortal
lol

You're expecting an NRL coach to waste his time ensuring players face the right way when playing the ball? Gimmee a break.
Well, if the team's not doing the basics well, then the buck stops with the coach, so yes!

Most training is limited contact anyway, so no drill is going to help a bloke orientate himself after he just got smashed.
The coach could easily devise a drill where Allgood and other offenders get smashed repeatedly, and learn to play the ball properly. If an NRL coach thinks he's too good to come up with drills where they're needed, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought!

Parra

Referee
Lack of discipline is the coaches fault.

One thing SK has apparently been strong on is discipline. Players are said to fear making a mistake and that has led to boring, predictable, structured play.

They don't look too scared to me.

bartman

Immortal
The reason they are in fear, is because he started to randomly drop players this year (starting with Burt), and single out player mistakes in post match interviews, thinking it might be a good tactic. It's backfired bigtime.

As Hayne's quote suggested, we play better when we let the fear go. Trouble this year (compared to last year even) is the players are too fearful to try anything other than predictable attack where the opposition hammers us, and then the heads go down when the opposition put some moves on us and take the lead, and then the mistakes creep in. Sure, through fear the players might be sticking to Kearney's "structures" better, but the structures are shit and we get pumped most games.

Willface

Juniors
Well, if the team's not doing the basics well, then the buck stops with the coach, so yes!

The coach could easily devise a drill where Allgood and other offenders get smashed repeatedly, and learn to play the ball properly. If an NRL coach thinks he's too good to come up with drills where they're needed, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought!

Then we get an injury (eg loko) you would be carrying on about how the coach has f**ked up by training these powder puffs to hard. Please if a first grade footballer can't play a ball straight, gets dominated, gives away penaltie after penaltie then f**k the prick off to park football were the cat belongs. Kearney could fart at the moment and he wouldn't be doing it right according to you

Willface

Juniors

Far Canal

Juniors
Then we get an injury (eg loko) you would be carrying on about how the coach has f**ked up by training these powder puffs to hard. Please if a first grade footballer can't play a ball straight, gets dominated, gives away penaltie after penaltie then f**k the prick off to park football were the cat belongs. Kearney could fart at the moment and he wouldn't be doing it right according to you

He would probably blame everyone else but himself.

Someone

Bench
LOL this is about dumb play on the field not the coach - leave your agendas at home boys.

The Aussie Cricket Coach doesnt get bagged out if Ponting gets a duck..

Kearney cant hold his players hand 24/7 ffs

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Do you guys reckon Allgood might find himself at Wenty next week?
Kearney was pretty annoyed with him in the press conference.

TheParraboy

Staff member
LOL this is about dumb play on the field not the coach - leave your agendas at home boys.

The Aussie Cricket Coach doesnt get bagged out if Ponting gets a duck..

Kearney cant hold his players hand 24/7 ffs

He got bagged plenty actually :lol::lol:

Tim-Nielsen.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
Do you guys reckon Allgood might find himself at Wenty next week?
Kearney was pretty annoyed with him in the press conference.

Dunno what's happened to Allgood. He's been coming along so well but the past 2 weeks he's been absolutely s**house. He's gone from earning a City jersey to playing like a park footballer.

mickdo

Coach
Dunno what's happened to Allgood. He's been coming along so well but the past 2 weeks he's been absolutely s**house. He's gone from earning a City jersey to playing like a park footballer.

Must be something Kearney did